Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #134

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting that the FBI poster shows the suspect in the murders (BG) is between 5'-6" and 5'10" (Which they could get a real accurate estimate from the bridge cross members versus his height in the video).

JC's arrest record shows he is 5'8" tall.

Of course, 52% of all adult males are between 5'6" and 5'10".

Bullseye on height and weight.

One question...isn't it the case that SnapChat tells you which users have viewed your stories? So once LE had access to Libby's app, they would be able to see the usernames who "knew" the girls were at the bridge?

Or, failing that, would there be internal analytics available to SnapChat that, with a warrant, would reveal the actions taken by a user on the app? I mean, it's a different platform but FB and Instagram know exactly which posts and ads you've viewed so that their algorithm can show you more just like them.

Seems to me that if this happened through a Snapchat connection, there would be a digital trail. I have trouble believing LE didn't look into this back at the beginning of the case.

only if LE had her phone and access to SC within 24hrs of her posting it. After that it’s gone.

Interesting that the FBI poster shows the suspect in the murders (BG) is between 5'-6" and 5'10" (Which they could get a real accurate estimate from the bridge cross members versus his height in the video).

JC's arrest record shows he is 5'8" tall.

Of course, 52% of all adult males are between 5'6" and 5'10".

Bullseye on height and weight.
The part that impresses me is the FBI description that BG is 18-40. He could be on the older side of the range but appear younger.

That describes JBC, imo.

I’m a bit “face blind” - especially with adult males, I struggle to tell some of them apart. It’s made for some awkward encounters over the years! Frank Bender was a genius and, if I work at at, I’m only able to make out two of his amazing busts (Girl with Hope and John List). I have zero spatial reasoning skills and I’m envious of the amazing people who work on the trace-an-object CSAM projects.

I see him in both sketches. I saw it immediately.

thanks for posting this....i was going to ask if someone had gone that far back to see his posts on or around the time of the murders and WOW :(
Also creepy that he says "sometimes your kids need to be reminded whom (sic) really is in charge" when the "joke" I suppose is his dog "being in charge" of him, an adult. No kids. And he doesn't have kids. Why is he talking about kids? Extremely disturbing.

Also creepy that he says "sometimes your kids need to be reminded whom (sic) really is in charge" when the "joke" I suppose is his dog "being in charge" of him, an adult. No kids. And he doesn't have kids. Why is he talking about kids? Extremely disturbing.

I thought it was super creepy too. I thought he was referring to the dog as his kid and showing off that he took the ball away from the dog? Weird thing to brag about, stealing a toy from a dog.

So many thoughts, some conflicting so I'll stick to 2 points. Like so many sleuths, I see similarities between the photo, the sketch2 and JBC, but I think they all revolve around a "type" of person: shortish and stocky primarily. But, the features of the second sketch compared to pictures of JBC confuse me: 1.) The JBC's chin is somewhat small/weak whereas the sketch2 chin is pronounced and big, a la Jay Leno. 2.). The hair is very curly in the sketch2 but we have only seen one picture where the POI has some curly hair...
on the top only with the sides shaved. I actually think JBC looks more like the composite sketch1, except for possible age rendering. To me Chadwell behaves like an opportunistic predator, which my gut says the perp is, too.

I completely agree with you. This was my first thought as well.

I agree totally with you, and everyone who is all in until we know differently.

Until LE comes out to hold a PC telling us one way or the other about JC, I'm patiently waiting. Hope is alive until I know otherwise.

The families of precious A&L matter far more than I ever will. I'm sure LE has a representative assigned to them to keep them aware as much as possible without divulging any of the evidence. I know the GBI did this for the mom of my dear coworker who was found dead in her car.

We have to remember even if the PD hasn't disclosed pertinent evidence both families already are aware of the conditions of A & L when their bodies were returned to them. So they know far more than we do even now.

The way I see it if the very grieving families of these two murdered children can wait patiently for this ongoing investigation to come to its conclusion one way or the other, I certainly can.

It also shows how these families know how important it is to not reveal anything they may know. It is just like my coworkers mom who never revealed anything, and she talked with the media several times during the entire four months it took for the investigation to be completed.

Remaining hopeful.

Jmho

Perhaps especially so, if he served about a decade behind bars.

Maybe he was someone still getting to grips with the new technology?

It might not be a factor at all, but don't think that the perp that day considered the full evidentiary value of Libby's cell phone. JMO.

If it was sent out to snap chat then destroying the phone wouldn't stop others receiving the video and sharing it with police

If Caldwell isn't BG it seems to me that LE would want to waste no time to make that known to the public.. as a lot of people are assuming they have the monster BG and the Delphi case wouldn't get the coverage it had been getting. If the monster BG is still out there, he needs to be caught as soon as possible. JMO

I totally FEEL it is him

Yes TOTALLY
and I feel it's definately forthcoming

This was posted by him on FB the day after the murders. In my opinion, it is telling that he is using the ball as a sort of a gag. Subconscious imagery projection or maybe a conscious reference to possibly using a gag on L&A. That in combination with his statement in the post is chilling. <modsnip>

Look at his hair color in that picture. I don’t know if JBC is BG, but I feel like I can look at that picture of the guy on the bridge and and see Chadwell, which has never been true of any other possible POI in this case. JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
South Dakota has presumably collected and submitted JC's DNA to the DNIS and by extension CODIS, however, we don't know enough about the DNA police collected in the Delphi case to make any assumptions about whether or not it's a complete profile or even belongs to the killer.
BBM. Yes, important to remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member