Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #137

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
“The twist” could not be their inability to solve the case quickly. Because the word was first used in 2017, and at that time no one would have predicted the case being cold in 4+ years.

The way I interpret his words in the interview is, “the twist is, many kids who disappear are found alive, and these girls were found dead”.

(Totally inappropriate use of the word “twist” in such a context, to me it equals uttering “quelle surprise!”, on finding two bodies, and I hope I am misinterpreting Tobe’s explanation).
Maybe, the "twist" was at the time, that they had 2 different described perps, an older one with beard plus a younger one without beard, perhaps with the same clothing up to the hat/cap and very similar looking (height, weight, face).
Because we didn't know of 2 perps until the PC in 2019, we couldn't understand the "twist" (and also we shouldn't).

Last edited:
"This is not what the sheriff or the commissioners or the county council want," Leazenby said.

huh?

Then why did they vote to move?o_O
"This is not what the sheriff or the commissioners or the county council want," Leazenby said. "This is for the girls. This is for Abby and Libby. So, it's our effort to move forward with trying to find justice for them."

This makes me think it’s not JBC then or why would they need another 2 year lease?
If they think it actually *IS* JBC, wouldn't they just now be sort of digging their heels in for the start of a potentially long court case and in-depth review of facts and evidence? If so, I could see them wanting to find their own space with (possibly?) even more - and more dedicated- room.

...or maybe I'm overthinking that and looking at it from the wrong perspective?

If they think it actually *IS* JBC, wouldn't they just now be sort of digging their heels in for the start of a potentially long court case and in-depth review of facts and evidence? If so, I could see them wanting to find their own space with (possibly?) even more - and more dedicated- room.

...or maybe I'm overthinking that and looking at it from the wrong perspective?
It's already been 5 months since the arrest of JBC on other charges. By the time you go to court, the detective work is pretty much over. You don't build the case while the trial is underway. They won't need a lot of office space for that time.

It's either not JBC or if it is they still can't put him near the crime.

There is a huge public interest in what could be a serial killer case and a trial..maybe they don't want the distraction on the small LE office...maybe they don't have the space either..I don't know..

For the ongoing unsolved case is a separate space really necessary?

makes more sense that a huge case is coming..press , media, different agencies visiting..

???? mOO

This makes me think it’s not JBC then or why would they need another 2 year lease?
I'm thinking the same. This looks like something for the long haul. We also don't know the terms of the lease - i.e., is there a clause that allows LE to terminate if there is an arrest? $7200 or $600 a month seems low for a commercial building, but I don't know anything about the real estate market in the county. In any event, moving all the files and equipment and possibly installing or upgrading a security system seems like quite a commitment.

There is a huge public interest in what could be a serial killer case and a trial..maybe they don't want the distraction on the small LE office...maybe they don't have the space either..I don't know..

For the ongoing unsolved case is a separate space really necessary?

makes more sense that a huge case is coming..press , media, different agencies visiting..

???? mOO
Might be indicative that the arrest is going to be of a high-profile individual.

I still believe that the one piece of evidence they need is a tough get....not because those close to him are afraid of him, but because he has surrounded himself with clueless gamebois who have no idea that they possess that very piece of info. We can hope that at least one of those guys will get done with his arrested development and see the light.

This would be the 4th time the base for the Homicide Investigative Task Force has changed locations. I doubt the reason is due to an impending arrest because when charges are laid, the file is turned over to the Prosector. LEs emphasis is investigation and that role is concluded.

But if they need more space, perhaps they are increasing or expanding the investigative team?

As the second year of this investigation commences on February 13th, the most visible change will be the base of operations. As many will recall, the investigation was originally headquartered above the Delphi City Hall and later moved to the REMC building on Franklin Street, in Delphi. Now, moving forward, the need for such a large dedicated area is not necessary and the investigative base of operations will be relocated back to the office space above city hall…”
Delphi Homicide Investigation Headquarters Moving Back to Delphi City Hall

Not necessarily. commercial leases are usually more than a year. The longer the lease, the better the rent. My take is they want to keep the investigation private from parties using the current location who have no involvement in this case. Keeps everything closer to the vest.

Plus, they would likely use the space through the completion of a trial. I think they probably have the option to extend the lease should an arrest and trial exceed two years.

Not necessarily. commercial leases are usually more than a year. The longer the lease, the better the rent. My take is they want to keep the investigation private from parties using the current location who have no involvement in this case. Keeps everything closer to the vest.

Plus, they would likely use the space through the completion of a trial. I think they probably have the option to extend the lease should an arrest and trial exceed two years.

Unless Leazenby isn’t being forthright, he says the new location is to support the investigation into the homicides. I’m just pointing this out so as not to lead this news report down the path of an upcoming trial.

“Leazenby said it's important to have an isolated location because it will allow them to better focus on the investigation into the homicides of Abby Williams and Libby German.

"This is not what the sheriff or the commissioners or the county council want," Leazenby said. "This is for the girls. This is for Abby and Libby. So, it's our effort to move forward with trying to find justice for them."…”
Carroll County leasing new space for Delphi double homicide investigation

Unless Leazenby isn’t being forthright, he says the new location is to support the investigation into the homicides. I’m just pointing this out so as not to lead this news report down the path of an upcoming trial.

“Leazenby said it's important to have an isolated location because it will allow them to better focus on the investigation into the homicides of Abby Williams and Libby German.

"This is not what the sheriff or the commissioners or the county council want," Leazenby said. "This is for the girls. This is for Abby and Libby. So, it's our effort to move forward with trying to find justice for them."…”
Carroll County leasing new space for Delphi double homicide investigation

I agree when the state or county gets the case to prosecute, they will do it out of their offices. They will have secure file systems and their way of running their trial prep. I doubt any prosecutor would want to move into a temporary building for one case when they are usually prosecuting multiple cases at the same time.

That said, this whole thing could have been arranged a few months ago and they're not going to change their plans based on a maybe. Maybe!

Hi all, I have loved reading the discussion so far and there have been many great points raised. I have always had a gut instinct since LE said the community would be "shocked" when they make an arrest that maybe a couple is involved or in one way or another a woman is closely related to the case. Anyone else think this is a possibility?
Interesting thought. And not just a spouse, but maybe even a teenage daughter? Which gets me thinking about motive. I remember reading about a parent who hired someone to kill the cheerleading rival of their daughter. It has crossed my mind, after reading how involved these girls were in sports.

Interesting thought. And not just a spouse, but maybe even a teenage daughter? Which gets me thinking about motive. I remember reading about a parent who hired someone to kill the cheerleading rival of their daughter. It has crossed my mind, after reading how involved these girls were in sports.

I think, it is all plusquamperfectum. Four years later, the community is not shocked "when" ISP makes an arrest. Instead, the community is shocked at "no arrest".

I still believe that the one piece of evidence they need is a tough get....not because those close to him are afraid of him, but because he has surrounded himself with clueless gamebois who have no idea that they possess that very piece of info. We can hope that at least one of those guys will get done with his arrested development and see the light.

bbm

This is just the BG, I have in mind since 2017. :cool::(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members