Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #140

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This teaser reminds me of the April 2019 PC. At that time LE announced on a Friday 'more information' was coming out but that it would be the following week. I hope this doesn't turn into much ado about nothing.

I wish we had a better indication of the probable cause for the search warrant in 2017. I tried to get myself grounded in the reality that this could simply be a result of KAK’s case progressing. As the case moves forward, it would come out this profile was discovered during the investigation, etc. etc.

However, what took them to this home with enough probable cause to search in the first place? It seems it had something to do with his online activities. In an initial investigation it would seem, and I am not an attorney so invite one to weigh in @Alethea :) , they could not just get a search warrant for everyone an individual may be connected to online. Could you imagine if something happened and every one of your social media friends resulted in being searched and their electronic devices seized? Facebook, Insta, Snap, etc. I can’t imagine it’s that simple. So what would be the probable cause to begin with?

ETA: Not just the search but the search and a polygraph

Last edited:
Rich Nye, a local reporter for WTHR posted the following on Twitter yesterday:

"Today I read every public document available in Kegan Kline’s court record. Much has been redacted or sealed. Most intriguing is that the state motion to seal said release of information would seriously hinder an ongoing Indiana State Police investigation." (bbm)

The motion to seal he mentioned reading is a separate document from the Affidavit that was uploaded and shared a few days ago by WISHTV which everyone has seen. Hopefully this upcoming press release the ISP has announced for next week can shed some light on this. What/who else are they investigating that could be seriously hindered by releasing information about the crimes of a guy who's already in jail with serious charges? I can't wrap my head around how this ties into the Delphi case unless KAK is connected in some significant way.

@Tiff23fr I would only add that something led LE to KAK to the house he lives in fairly quickly. Knowing he took a polygraph and he was immediately released what does that say? Surely he passed or if not they didn’t have enough corroborating evidence to hold/and or to charge him. Did he offer info or agree to wear a wire or entice others to make a deal? Seriously what is going on here? Can’t wait to learn more next week. IMO
EDM typos

Last edited:
an old picture of him- weighs less; eyes are blue

https://twitter.com/switchNswishers
6/28/2014

mentions having seizures twice in his twitter posts, BTW

much younger picture at 5/3/2013

tough to read his twitter as much of it is song quotes, rap, nasty stuff
he does mention his birthday, fast food, airports

Not to stigmatize people with seizures (Caesar, Pericles, and Dostoyevsky were in this group, and in general epilepsy might be more prevalent among reformers), but it would seem to me there might be a connection between traumatic brain encephalopathy and violent, compulsive behavior.

Kegan Kline (@switchNswishers) / Twitter

Note that KAK tweeted about having seizures 2 weeks after the murders. He also tweeted another time more recently about having 2 seizures in 2 days.

I also see tweets about attending multiple Vans Warped Tour events, lots of tweets about where he ate along the way, and a tweet about attending a Wrestlemania event (the latter being a potential link to a POI I have suspected all along.)

I did look up that event and it did occur in Orlando in 2017; not that that proves that he actually went to it. He gets a dog (pb) one day too.... made me think of Chadwell, but there are lots of dogs in the world and even lots of dogs in Kokomo, and I cannot really tell when he is being serious or fantasizing.

I think both the press conference in 2019 and the release of the anthony_shots information were designed to guarantee maximum coverage. Both of these seem to be scripted for a certain audience. My opinion is that LE knows exactly the person who is BG. I think they have all the evidence they need to make an arrest for this horrible crime and get a conviction at trial. I think the request for information from anyone who may have interacted with the anthony_shots profile is just extra evidence they can use at trial but do not necessarily need. The news release the other night mentioning Abby and Libby investigation, anthony_shots profile, and the subsequent naming of Kegan Kline makes me think an arrest is imminent. I personally do not think Kegan Kline is BG. I do think he knows who BG is and could possibly be the allibi witness we have suspected that BG has. I think for BG to appear so suddently and easily cross the bridge means that he has been there before. KK just does not fit the video of BG. A relative of his could fit.

I think both the press conference in 2019 and the release of the anthony_shots information were designed to guarantee maximum coverage. Both of these seem to be scripted for a certain audience. My opinion is that LE knows exactly the person who is BG. I think they have all the evidence they need to make an arrest for this horrible crime and get a conviction at trial. I think the request for information from anyone who may have interacted with the anthony_shots profile is just extra evidence they can use at trial but do not necessarily need. The news release the other night mentioning Abby and Libby investigation, anthony_shots profile, and the subsequent naming of Kegan Kline makes me think an arrest is imminent. I personally do not think Kegan Kline is BG. I do think he knows who BG is and could possibly be the allibi witness we have suspected that BG has. I think for BG to appear so suddently and easily cross the bridge means that he has been there before. KK just does not fit the video of BG. A relative of his could fit.
Well he did mention going to Vegas with his dad shortly after the murders. And packing an extra bag. Maybe for pops? IMO

The moment I saw this recent arrest I was and still am thinking it could be a case of this could provide a link to another person ,the person who committed this heinous crime. Could it be that this is finally it and those poor innocent girls and loved ones left behind finally have justice heading their way. I surely hope so.

I know some people have been saying all week that the KAK situation is not related to Delphi. I don’t understand that mindset considering the title of the police bulletin is “Detectives with the Delphi Investigation Seek Information”.
So I’m confident there is some connection and am hoping LE explains some of that next week.

I typed up a few notes about the probable cause affidavit (or a summary of sorts) for my own personal benefit, but I thought maybe it might benefit some of you too. :D

The FBI and ISP executed a search warrant at the residence of KAK and his father on February 25, 2017 at 12:30 PM.
  • KAK and father were inside the home when the warrant was executed
  • a warrant was obtained after the FBI sent information to the ISP Cyber Crimes Unit about an adult male soliciting female juveniles on Snapchat and Instagram under the username anthony_shots
  • 07/20/2016: anthony_shots registered on Instagram
  • 07/14/2016: anthony_shots registered on Snapchat
  • KAK interviewed at 1:25 pm and initially denied creating the fake SM accounts and/or talking to underage girls online
  • KAK later admitted he created anthony_shots approximately 6 months earlier and used it to chat with underage girls
  • found girls on Instagram and then invited them to talk on Snapchat; said he didn't care if the girls were 16 or younger
  • KAK said he'd spoken to approximately 15 underage girls and all of them sent pictures; he saved the pictures to his photo gallery
  • comments he made during the interview include: “he was *advertiser censored*ed and should have left” and “he packed another bag and took it to Las Vegas”; he also mentioned he planned to leave when his dad was asleep
  • 02/25/2017: KAK and his father returned to Peru from Las Vegas
  • KAK's primary phone was the white iPhone 5c
  • KAK also polygraphed at the Peru State Police Department
  • polygraph concluded at 7:30 pm
  • received approximately 100 sexual pictures from underage girls
  • received approximately 20 sexual videos from underage girls
  • devices seized during the execution of search warrant included: Apple iPhone 4, Apple iPhone 3, Samsung Galaxy S5, Samsung Galaxy S4, Nextbook Tablet, and Apple iPod Touch

March 28, 2016 – May 4, 2016
Kik discussions between user emilyanne45 and unknown party
3 attachments shared

April 1, 2016 – October 2, 2016

Kik discussions between user emilyanne45 and unknown party
2 attachments shared

April 30, 2016

Kik discussion between user emilyanne45 and unknown party
1 attachment shared

May 2, 2016

Kik discussion between user emilyanne45 and unknown party
3 attachments shared

May 4, 2016

2 video files depicting CSAM created

May 14 - 17, 2016

Kik discussions between user emilyanne45 and unknown party (or parties) and public Dropbox links containing CSAM shared
41 attachments shared

September 7 – October 2, 2016
Kik discussions between user emilyanne45 and unknown 13-year-old female
5 attachments shared

November 6 – 10, 2016

Snapchat discussion between user emilyanne45 and unknown party

February 25, 2017

9:19 pm: user of iPhone 5c began to uninstall and delete apps
10:14 pm: user of iPhone 5c uninstalled and deleted Instagram

February 26, 2017
1:12 pm: user of iPhone 5c uninstalled and deleted MeetMe
1:28 pm: user of iPhone 5c uninstalled and deleted Snapchat (the app was reinstalled at some point after it was initially deleted at 9:19 pm the day before)

February 27, 2017

KAK contacted ISP Cyber Crimes Unit to notify them he had "located" the Apple iPhone 5c

9:48 am: user deleted Safari web history and web data from iPhone 5c (some info was recovered but search terms were redacted)

March 2, 2017
Miami Unit obtained iPhone 5c from ISP Peru Post

June 12, 2020
Lead investigator received the digital forensic examination from ISP

June 18, 2020
Multiple LE officials met with the Miami County Prosecutor to discuss the investigation

INFO FOUND ON DEVICES

iPhone 4
  • device name: “Kegan’s iPhone”
  • last utilized 11/11/2016
  • access protected with PIN
  • numerous redacted usernames and emails located
  • user communicated with female teens and shared media files depicting CSAM
  • user portrayed themselves as a female teen using emilyanne45
  • communications recovered from Kik and Snapchat
  • multiple CSAM media files saved or shared/received
  • CSAM files depicted female children approximately 12-17 years old
  • several images depicted possible drugs and showed KAK with a black handgun
  • 5 images and 2 videos depicting CSAM were saved (date unknown)

iPhone 3G

• device name: “Keggie
  • last used 5/23/2015
  • access secured with PIN
  • no chats of evidentiary value were recovered from Skype or Kik
  • multiple images of females (ages were indeterminate) found
  • multiple screenshots of conversations were found (one referred to the receiver as Kegan, specifically)
  • user saved 200+ images and some images contained embedded location data
  • approximately 27 images depicting females that appeared to be at least 14-years-old and older were found
  • some of the images were geo-located to Indiana cities including Bunker Hill, Galveston, Indianapolis, Kokomo, Monterey, and Royal Center
  • web history was recovered but Google search terms were redacted

Samsung Galaxy S5
  • device name: “Kline Photography
  • a factory reset was performed on 2/23/2017
  • access not secured with password or PIN
  • chat messages that took place between February 23 and February 25, 2017 were recovered from MeetMe, FB Messenger, and Snapchat
  • recovered messages discussed meeting people in Las Vegas and prostitution
  • an unknown *advertiser censored* video (description redacted) is referenced in the affidavit

Samsung Galaxy S4
  • device name: “SAMSUNG-SGH-I337”
  • last used on approximately 06/25/2015
  • the device was powered on multiple times after that day but it was not used
  • access secured by a swipe pattern and PIN
  • many chat conversations recovered and some appeared to have been with a female teen approximately 12 to 13-years-old
  • 2 profiles used to communicate with teens -- Kegan Kline and Emily Anne
  • conversations found where a user claiming to be “Emily” discussed having sex with KAK and his father at the same time
  • multiple CSAM files saved to the device
  • file names indicate images were captured via screenshot and/or received on Snapchat or Skype
  • many CSAM files depicted females approximately 12 to 17 years-old
  • additional images found depicting possible drugs and drug paraphernalia

Apple iPhone 5c
  • last used 02/27/2017
  • access secured with PIN
  • used Facebook, Instagram, MeetMe, Snapchat, and Twitter accounts to communicate or chat with underage girls
  • most of the data had been deleted from the device
  • multiple images were saved depicting females of an indeterminate age

Thanks for that summary, @cujenn81. 34 pages of that would take care of insomnia, so the summary really helps.

I'm still baffled by what I see as the suspect's activity that runs up until Feb 2017 and yet the case file is dated 19 August 2020. And it is still over a year longer before we hear that ISP wants to know more from the public. Could be the cyber crime unit has the same issue as the DNA analysis - backlog. I'm wondering that if LE gets more tips will it take months to get anywhere with it.

Thanks for that summary, @cujenn81. 34 pages of that would take care of insomnia, so the summary really helps.

I'm still baffled by what I see as the suspect's activity that runs up until Feb 2017 and yet the case file is dated 19 August 2020. And it is still over a year longer before we hear that ISP wants to know more from the public. Could be the cyber crime unit has the same issue as the DNA analysis - backlog. I'm wondering that if LE gets more tips will it take months to get anywhere with it.
I am also wondering if part of the delay was the Feds further assisting in a big (bigger) way since the electronic info has been acquired and combed through? IMO I know they have been on hand since early on but maybe if there are also federal charges pending too it could explain the sign of the recent release timing. Can’t wait to find what new information is revealed next week!

Last edited:
I think the info next week is about the case he faces, not necessarily Delphi but I hope I’m wrong

I don't see how it could be related to Delphi. As you indicated, he is facing other charges. Law enforcement isn't going to prejudice the judge or the system in that case by dumping material not related to the charges he faces.

Perhaps there will be an angle related to those charges that we can connect to the Delphi investigation.

@Tiff23fr I would only add that something led LE to KAK to the house he lives in fairly quickly. Knowing he took a polygraph and he was immediately released what does that say? Surely he passed or if not they didn’t have enough corroborating evidence to hold/and or to charge him. Did he offer info or agree to wear a wire or entice others to make a deal? Seriously what is going on here? Can’t wait to learn more next week. IMO
EDM typos

Theres a reason that polygraphs are almost never allowed in court.

MOO

never allowed,

Well, sometimes allowed. There seem to be a number of states that allow polygraphs if both prosecution and defense agree on it. Of course, that’s not very likely to happen!

However, the basic point is strong—that even if LE gave what’s his name a polygraph test back in 2017, the results don’t really mean a thing.

MOO

Archives

Dont know why that link changed its name from: ‘are lie detector tests admissible,’ etc.

Well, sometimes allowed. There seem to be a number of states that allow polygraphs if both prosecution and defense agree on it. Of course, that’s not very likely to happen!

However, the basic point is strong—that even if LE gave what’s his name a polygraph test back in 2017, the results don’t really mean a thing.

MOO

Archives

Dont know why that link changed its name from: ‘are lie detector tests admissible,’ etc.
I disagree because in some instances I believe they mean something although they often don’t lead to anything that benefits the Prosecution. Interesting to me that KAK even agreed to take one. Singing on others comes to mind. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper