Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #140

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I always remember that the Bicycle Bridge Rd search was only two days after the girls were found.

Maybe that search led them to Peru?

‘Here is a link referencing that investigators had as of March 13,2017 executed 70 search warrants and subpoenas.

Police continue investigation of several ‘people of interest’ a month into Delphi murder investigation
March 13,2017

<snipped for emphasis>

Investigators have served approximately 70 search warrants and subpoenas, some as far away as Peru in Miami County, and checked on the probation status of dozens of sex offenders, many (but not all)of whom were cleared as suspects in the murders based on interviews, alibis or polygraph examinations.

“I think time will tell,” said Carter as he contemplated the day the profile and the suspect may be matched. “I think we have some notions and we will keep them to ourselves.”

Police continue investigation of several ‘people of interest’ a month into Delphi murder investigation | Fox 59

Last edited:
Kegan Kline (@switchNswishers) / Twitter

Note that KAK tweeted about having seizures 2 weeks after the murders. He also tweeted another time more recently about having 2 seizures in 2 days.

I also see tweets about attending multiple Vans Warped Tour events, lots of tweets about where he ate along the way, and a tweet about attending a Wrestlemania event (the latter being a potential link to a POI I have suspected all along.)

KAK biography, I think it hasn’t been posted here yet. Is that also a different FB link?

Source:
Kegan kline
Kegan Kline
Also known as
Kegan Kline Music
Origin Kokomo, Indiana
Genres Pop Punk/ Hip Hop
Years active 2018- present
Labels Https://RedBullrecords.com
Associated acts Beartooth, Emarosa, Boys Like Girls,We The Kings , Caleb Shomo
Website https://Facebook.com/iamkegankline
Members Kegan Kline

Kegan Anthony Kline(born May 27,1994) is the lead vocalist and guitar player of pop punk band Kegan Kline, and former live fill in lead singer of the band Palaye Royale, he is an inspiring Musician living in Las Vegas, and Indiana Currently writing his album “Vegas” which is scheduled to drop Worldwide streaming March 13th 2020 under Gold Bar USA. He is managed by Artery Foundation. He got an offer while playing poker in Las Vegas for a job with the Red Bull signed band Beartooth. He went on tour with them for 2 months and decided to join them for the vans warped tour 2015 [1], he also worked on the vans warped tour 2017&2018. He then got a gig with Emarosa for a fall tour. [2]He has worked with the following bands Silverstein, Taking back Sunday, the used, panic at the disco, saves the day, paramore, Hawthorne heights, senses fail, we the Kings, say anything, boys like girls, underoath, mayday parade, the starting line, and cute is what we aim for. Before his break he was a black jack dealer, professional poker player, and he CO- Owned a marijuana delivery service in Las Vegas. He currently has a marketing company called Kline&CO. He is set to go on tour Late 2020 to kick off his album realease, and has a tour scheduled with Dizzy Wright & Paris Shadows.

I thought the same and wanted to know, if he comes from a rich family. I think, he doesn't?

No I don’t think he does. There was a photo of the house he and his Dad lived in on the daily mail website article a few days ago where the search was done in 2017 and it looked like a small home and a bit run-down. Where he gets his money will be interesting I would be very surprised if it is from a legitimate source.

Has there been any information about what car he drove or if he had access to one from a family member? I was wondering if he drove the Nissan 370Z Coupe which there is a photo of the dashboard in the anthony-shots Instagram account or whether it was copied from someone else’s social media account. I wish we knew if he was driving the same vehicle the investigators wanted information about that was parked at the abandoned CPS building. We were never told any information about this vehicle.

I am glad law enforcement are expected to release more information about him next week.

KAK biography, I think it hasn’t been posted here yet. Is that also a different FB link?

Source:
Kegan kline
Kegan Kline
Also known as
Kegan Kline Music
Origin Kokomo, Indiana
Genres Pop Punk/ Hip Hop
Members Kegan Kline

Kegan Anthony Kline(born May 27,1994) is the lead vocalist and guitar player of pop punk band Kegan Kline, and former live fill in lead singer of the band Palaye Royale, he is an inspiring Musician living in Las Vegas, and Indiana Currently writing his album “Vegas” which is scheduled to drop Worldwide streaming March 13th 2020 under Gold Bar USA. He is managed by Artery Foundation. He got an offer while playing poker in Las Vegas for a job with the Red Bull signed band Beartooth. He went on tour with them for 2 months and decided to join them for the vans warped tour 2015 [1], he also worked on the vans warped tour 2017&2018. He then got a gig with Emarosa for a fall tour. [2]He has worked with the following bands Silverstein, Taking back Sunday, the used, panic at the disco, saves the day, paramore, Hawthorne heights, senses fail, we the Kings, say anything, boys like girls, underoath, mayday parade, the starting line, and cute is what we aim for. Before his break he was a black jack dealer, professional poker player, and he CO- Owned a marijuana delivery service in Las Vegas. He currently has a marketing company called Kline&CO. He is set to go on tour Late 2020 to kick off his album realease, and has a tour scheduled with Dizzy Wright & Paris Shadows.
That’s definitely all a load of BS. MOO

Source:
Kegan kline
Kegan Kline
Also known as
Kegan Kline Music
Origin Kokomo, Indiana
Genres Pop Punk/ Hip Hop
Members Kegan Kline

Kegan Anthony Kline(born May 27,1994) is the lead vocalist and guitar player of pop punk band Kegan Kline, and former live fill in lead singer of the band Palaye Royale,<snipped for emphasis>

‘Great sleuthing! I believe deviants like Kegan Kline are using the hook of being a hip hop artist or even a fake DJ hosting ‘turntable scratching’ parties as a way to lure & groom young girls into wanting to meet up with them.

I believe this is soulless and I think the wonderful investigators have done great police work. Put a fork in KAK he’s done.
My Opinion Only

Last edited:
I wish we had a better indication of the probable cause for the search warrant in 2017. I tried to get myself grounded in the reality that this could simply be a result of KAK’s case progressing. As the case moves forward, it would come out this profile was discovered during the investigation, etc. etc.

However, what took them to this home with enough probable cause to search in the first place? It seems it had something to do with his online activities. In an initial investigation it would seem, and I am not an attorney so invite one to weigh in @Alethea :) , they could not just get a search warrant for everyone an individual may be connected to online. Could you imagine if something happened and every one of your social media friends resulted in being searched and their electronic devices seized? Facebook, Insta, Snap, etc. I can’t imagine it’s that simple. So what would be the probable cause to begin with?

ETA: Not just the search but the search and a polygraph

IMHO, I think the initial search warrant was because of a federal CSAM investigation. The warrant states he was sending links/pictures/etc through Dropbox. If you search Dropbox tip child abuse you will find tons of cases where Dropbox themselves are monitoring content and reporting anything illegal.

Also according to the warrant, KAK had been soliciting juveniles and downloading CSAM since at least 2015, assuming he used Dropbox that whole time (which is unknown) or at least part of the time, it’s not unreasonable to think Dropbox was the tip off for that warrant.

You can absolutely fake a check in on Facebook.
I don’t think he travelled to any of these places. I think it was all a fantasy in his head. On his social media, he mentions a few bands he is supposedly ‘friends’ with, to the point that they let him fill in on stage or when a band member can’t play for whatever reason. I’m a fan of some of these bands and there is no way this is true. In fact, if they know about any of this, I’m sure they’re mortified this creep is using their names to live out his fantasy. MOO

I don’t think he travelled to any of these places either. I hope if he is involved in Abigail and Liberty’s murders he was foolish enough to believe that doing fake Facebook check-ins in the past, deleting messages and apps where he communicated with them or possibly unliking photos on Liberty’s Instagram (from the anthony_shots account if that is the case) would be enough to deceive the FBI and instead ends up being mistaken and doing so ends up being incriminating evidence used in a case against him.

It would be interesting to know if he had been following any news about the murders closely and if his personality, behaviour and appearance changed significantly after they happened.

With this news coming out so many years after the search warrant was issued, I'm wondering if it is in any way related to the one issued on bicycle bridge? At the time they said nothing was found at either place tying them to the case, yet here we are....moo

I keep thinking about Dennis Carter's words at the last press conference on April 22, 2019:

"We believe you're hiding in plain sight. For more than 2 years, you never thought we would shift gears to a different investigative strategy. But we have. We have likely have interviewed you or someone close to you. We know this is about power to you, and you want to know what we know."

My opinion is that Carter is saying that perhaps someone they interviewed early on led them astray, or pointed to another "bad guy" in his secret coven of bad guys, and tried to keep "in the know" about what LE knew so he could stay one step ahead. IMO.

IMHO, I think the initial search warrant was because of a federal CSAM investigation. The warrant states he was sending links/pictures/etc through Dropbox. If you search Dropbox tip child abuse you will find tons of cases where Dropbox themselves are monitoring content and reporting anything illegal.

Also according to the warrant, KAK had been soliciting juveniles and downloading CSAM since at least 2015, assuming he used Dropbox that whole time (which is unknown) or at least part of the time, it’s not unreasonable to think Dropbox was the tip off for that warrant.
I agree. And the affidavit even says that during the investigation, the FBI informed ISP that KAK was communicating with female juveniles.

I typed up a few notes about the probable cause affidavit (or a summary of sorts) for my own personal benefit, but I thought maybe it might benefit some of you too. :D

The FBI and ISP executed a search warrant at the residence of KAK and his father on February 25, 2017 at 12:30 PM.
  • KAK and father were inside the home when the warrant was executed
  • a warrant was obtained after the FBI sent information to the ISP Cyber Crimes Unit about an adult male soliciting female juveniles on Snapchat and Instagram under the username anthony_shots
  • 07/20/2016: anthony_shots registered on Instagram
  • 07/14/2016: anthony_shots registered on Snapchat
  • KAK interviewed at 1:25 pm and initially denied creating the fake SM accounts and/or talking to underage girls online
  • KAK later admitted he created anthony_shots approximately 6 months earlier and used it to chat with underage girls
  • found girls on Instagram and then invited them to talk on Snapchat; said he didn't care if the girls were 16 or younger
  • KAK said he'd spoken to approximately 15 underage girls and all of them sent pictures; he saved the pictures to his photo gallery
  • comments he made during the interview include: “he was *advertiser censored*ed and should have left” and “he packed another bag and took it to Las Vegas”; he also mentioned he planned to leave when his dad was asleep
  • 02/25/2017: KAK and his father returned to Peru from Las Vegas
  • KAK's primary phone was the white iPhone 5c
  • KAK also polygraphed at the Peru State Police Department
  • polygraph concluded at 7:30 pm
  • received approximately 100 sexual pictures from underage girls
  • received approximately 20 sexual videos from underage girls
  • devices seized during the execution of search warrant included: Apple iPhone 4, Apple iPhone 3, Samsung Galaxy S5, Samsung Galaxy S4, Nextbook Tablet, and Apple iPod Touch

March 28, 2016 – May 4, 2016
Kik discussions between user emilyanne45 and unknown party
3 attachments shared

April 1, 2016 – October 2, 2016

Kik discussions between user emilyanne45 and unknown party
2 attachments shared

April 30, 2016

Kik discussion between user emilyanne45 and unknown party
1 attachment shared

May 2, 2016

Kik discussion between user emilyanne45 and unknown party
3 attachments shared

May 4, 2016

2 video files depicting CSAM created

May 14 - 17, 2016

Kik discussions between user emilyanne45 and unknown party (or parties) and public Dropbox links containing CSAM shared
41 attachments shared

September 7 – October 2, 2016
Kik discussions between user emilyanne45 and unknown 13-year-old female
5 attachments shared

November 6 – 10, 2016

Snapchat discussion between user emilyanne45 and unknown party

February 25, 2017

9:19 pm: user of iPhone 5c began to uninstall and delete apps
10:14 pm: user of iPhone 5c uninstalled and deleted Instagram

February 26, 2017
1:12 pm: user of iPhone 5c uninstalled and deleted MeetMe
1:28 pm: user of iPhone 5c uninstalled and deleted Snapchat (the app was reinstalled at some point after it was initially deleted at 9:19 pm the day before)

February 27, 2017

KAK contacted ISP Cyber Crimes Unit to notify them he had "located" the Apple iPhone 5c

9:48 am: user deleted Safari web history and web data from iPhone 5c (some info was recovered but search terms were redacted)

March 2, 2017
Miami Unit obtained iPhone 5c from ISP Peru Post

June 12, 2020
Lead investigator received the digital forensic examination from ISP

June 18, 2020
Multiple LE officials met with the Miami County Prosecutor to discuss the investigation

INFO FOUND ON DEVICES

iPhone 4
  • device name: “Kegan’s iPhone”
  • last utilized 11/11/2016
  • access protected with PIN
  • numerous redacted usernames and emails located
  • user communicated with female teens and shared media files depicting CSAM
  • user portrayed themselves as a female teen using emilyanne45
  • communications recovered from Kik and Snapchat
  • multiple CSAM media files saved or shared/received
  • CSAM files depicted female children approximately 12-17 years old
  • several images depicted possible drugs and showed KAK with a black handgun
  • 5 images and 2 videos depicting CSAM were saved (date unknown)

iPhone 3G

• device name: “Keggie
  • last used 5/23/2015
  • access secured with PIN
  • no chats of evidentiary value were recovered from Skype or Kik
  • multiple images of females (ages were indeterminate) found
  • multiple screenshots of conversations were found (one referred to the receiver as Kegan, specifically)
  • user saved 200+ images and some images contained embedded location data
  • approximately 27 images depicting females that appeared to be at least 14-years-old and older were found
  • some of the images were geo-located to Indiana cities including Bunker Hill, Galveston, Indianapolis, Kokomo, Monterey, and Royal Center
  • web history was recovered but Google search terms were redacted

Samsung Galaxy S5
  • device name: “Kline Photography
  • a factory reset was performed on 2/23/2017
  • access not secured with password or PIN
  • chat messages that took place between February 23 and February 25, 2017 were recovered from MeetMe, FB Messenger, and Snapchat
  • recovered messages discussed meeting people in Las Vegas and prostitution
  • an unknown *advertiser censored* video (description redacted) is referenced in the affidavit

Samsung Galaxy S4
  • device name: “SAMSUNG-SGH-I337”
  • last used on approximately 06/25/2015
  • the device was powered on multiple times after that day but it was not used
  • access secured by a swipe pattern and PIN
  • many chat conversations recovered and some appeared to have been with a female teen approximately 12 to 13-years-old
  • 2 profiles used to communicate with teens -- Kegan Kline and Emily Anne
  • conversations found where a user claiming to be “Emily” discussed having sex with KAK and his father at the same time
  • multiple CSAM files saved to the device
  • file names indicate images were captured via screenshot and/or received on Snapchat or Skype
  • many CSAM files depicted females approximately 12 to 17 years-old
  • additional images found depicting possible drugs and drug paraphernalia

Apple iPhone 5c
  • last used 02/27/2017
  • access secured with PIN
  • used Facebook, Instagram, MeetMe, Snapchat, and Twitter accounts to communicate or chat with underage girls
  • most of the data had been deleted from the device
  • multiple images were saved depicting females of an indeterminate age
I'd love to know where the media blackout and the move to the new building fit in this timeline. MOO.

Not to stigmatize people with seizures (Caesar, Pericles, and Dostoyevsky were in this group, and in general epilepsy might be more prevalent among reformers), but it would seem to me there might be a connection between traumatic brain encephalopathy and violent, compulsive behavior.

Or is it an excuse? He maybe has posted/tweeted that to set up a future excuse for his behavior. Use the seizures as an excuse for a violent fit?
Only his doctors could testify if it is indeed true.

I think you’re right on! Many internet companies monitor content for illegal activity. There are eyes everywhere :)

If so, the FBI report probably included both the IP and MAC address, which would be how LE would know he had another cellphone that was not located in the search on Feb 25th, forcing him under the threat of arrest to turn it over (albeit erased) two days later.

JMO

Or is it an excuse? He maybe has posted/tweeted that to set up a future excuse for his behavior. Use the seizures as an excuse for a violent fit?
Only his doctors could testify if it is indeed true.

Or his behaviour might’ve been the result of a bad trip and so he passes off a health issue as an excuse. He lies so much, nothing he says can be believed.

The Sun has an undated photo of KAK and his father. It appears he gained more than a few pounds by the time of his arrest.

'Delphi murders' catfish has been jailed for a YEAR for child *advertiser censored* arrest

I saw this photo a couple of days ago but figured I couldn’t post it because of where I found it. I’m glad it’s available now. I think it was taken in 2018, but not 100% sure.
I still think LE is focused on someone sharing that profile with KAK rather than KAK himself, but this photo really gave me pause. I can see Kline in the BG photo pretty easily.
July 2017 sketch could be him. April 2019 sketch could be male model he was using in the profile. LE covering all the bases maybe.

I saw this photo a couple of days ago but figured I couldn’t post it because of where I found it. I’m glad it’s available now. I think it was taken in 2018, but not 100% sure.
I still think LE is focused on someone sharing that profile with KAK rather than KAK himself, but this photo really gave me pause. I can see Kline in the BG photo pretty easily.
July 2017 sketch could be him. April 2019 sketch could be male model he was using in the profile. LE covering all the bases maybe.

His weight seems to fluctuate quite a bit, and fairly quickly imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper