Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #144

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep coming back to this:

At the end of the interview, the officers remind Kline that he twice failed a polygraph test when asked if he knew who killed the teens, and say he deleted his search history shortly afterward.

"Why would you after you failed the polygraph about knowing about the Delphi investigation, come home, delete your Snapchat and your Instagram, which you used to communicate with Libby and then you searched, 'how long does D.N.A last?' Why would you do that?" the detective asked.
TMZ

To rehash what I said earlier

The killer either saw the girls enter the park and followed them , the killer was in the park and came upon them by happen stance

-or-

The killer knew they would be there (perhaps even arranged to meet them there )

Delphi Murders Update: Catfisher Admitted Contacting Girls Night Before They Were Killed, Leaked Police Transcripts Show

Delphi Murders Update: Catfisher Admitted Contacting Girls Night Before They Were Killed, Leaked Police Transcripts Show

Five years on, nobody has been charged.

UPDATE: 3/25/2022 9:15 AM PST

A man linked to the fake Instagram profile used to catfish two Indiana teens has admitted contacting them the night before they were killed, leaked police transcripts show — but he is not a suspect in their murder.

According to court documents, police believe the Instagram profile "Anthony Shots" was used by 27-year-old Kegan Anthony Kline (pictured, above right) to solicit explicit pictures from underage females on social media. They also believe someone using the Anthony Shots account was the last to contact 14-year-old Liberty German the night before she and 13-year-old Abigail Williams were found murdered on Valentines Day of 2017.

But more than five years on, nobody has been arrested or charged in the killings.

On Friday, a police transcript obtained by the Murder Sheet podcast — which Indiana State Police insists they did not release — shows Kline admitted talking to German while she was at a sleepover, the night before she disappeared.

<modsnip: Copyright violation of entire article>

Last edited by a moderator:
While walking the trail and crossing the bridge etc would take an obvious physical effort, what happened after the bridge crossing would also take a huge mental effort - adrenaline, fear, excitement etc all rolled into one.

KAK lost his cool several times in that interview just because officers needled him a little bit. I just don’t see him being able to keep a lid on things if he really was BG. I don’t know what it is but for me he just doesn’t fit that photo of BG. I don’t see KAK in any way when I look at that photo. It’s maddening.
Well, BG's face is almost completely obscured in the photo. And as it has been five years, we really don't know what KAK looked like at the time of the murders. People who know him personally would, though. I'm certainly not ruling him out.

There are physical characteristics that don't change without plastic surgery, however - ears, nose, mouth, forehead and hairline with or without hair - which will help identify him.

I feel more hopeful that the case will finally be solved now than ever before.

Well, BG's face is almost completely obscured in the photo. And as it has been five years, we really don't know what KAK looked like at the time of the murders. People who know him personally would, though. I'm certainly not ruling him out.

There are physical characteristics that don't change without plastic surgery, however - ears, nose, mouth, forehead and hairline with or without hair - which will help identify him.

I feel more hopeful that the case will finally be solved now than ever before.

There are pictures of him floating around from 2017-ish and I still don’t think physically he matches but that could simply be because the photo quality is poor. I just don’t see him in it. I wish I did because then I’d also believe the police are close to cracking this case.

To rehash what I said earlier

The killer either saw the girls enter the park and followed them , the killer was in the park and came upon them by happen stance

-or-

The killer knew they would be there (perhaps even arranged to meet them there )

Five years on, nobody has been charged.

UPDATE: 3/25/2022 9:15 AM PST

A man linked to the fake Instagram profile used to catfish two Indiana teens has admitted contacting them the night before they were killed, leaked police transcripts show — but he is not a suspect in their murder.

According to court documents, police believe the Instagram profile "Anthony Shots" was used by 27-year-old Kegan Anthony Kline (pictured, above right) to solicit explicit pictures from underage females on social media. They also believe someone using the Anthony Shots account was the last to contact 14-year-old Liberty German the night before she and 13-year-old Abigail Williams were found murdered on Valentines Day of 2017.

But more than five years on, nobody has been arrested or charged in the killings.

On Friday, a police transcript obtained by the Murder Sheet podcast — which Indiana State Police insists they did not release — shows Kline admitted talking to German while she was at a sleepover, the night before she disappeared.

<modsnip: Copyright violation of entire article>
bbm green
The night, before she (and Abby) disappeared, she was at her own home and Abby had a sleepover, strictly speaking. From memory, the girls were up all night, and when they got up, DG made breakfast for them (something like pancakes).

bbm green
The night, before she (and Abby) disappeared, she was at her own home and Abby had a sleepover, strictly speaking. From memory, the girls were up all night, and when they got up, DG made breakfast for them (something like pancakes).

Thank you for the clarification, I think LE is on the right track with this suspect , I can elaborate some but it would be a page worth

Hopefully this lead pans out

I use critical thinking when I approach cases ..especially cases that I have followed very closely ..and critical thinking says there is zero indication the girls were catfished at all ..
my reason
1/for the girls to be catfished that day..you need a specific set date which is not possible in a spur of the moment trip ( you can argue all you want about the girls deciding in advance but its the sister who made the final decision )..
2/ the first thing that was searched was the phone..and they had no evidence to suggest the girls were catfished that day ( that text ) or they wouldn't have gone and said ( there is no reason to think about catfishing online ) right after ..or to link this creep or his dad or whomever finally to the crime...

3/ a girl wouldn't take a gf to a secret date but lets say she did ..they had a chat before the abduction that was heard by LE and the family and there is no mention of this date ..does this makes sense even ?

4/ the first thing a digital killer would do is to erase his digital print connecting him to the victim and to look for the phone when approaching the victims.. which didnt happen here

5/catfishing usually involves direct rape.. cause that victim was chosen and stalked..the killer wouldn't be able to control himself..but we know this didnt happen here..if he wanted to appease his desires thru kill thrill.. he could have done that with any random victim..also noting the young age of the victims.. we cant say this is a case of an online stalker being angry over constant rejection which also cant be proven here

JMO

I use critical thinking when I approach cases ..especially cases that I have followed very closely ..and critical thinking says there is zero indication the girls were catfished at all ..
my reason
1/for the girls to be catfished that day..you need a specific set date which is not possible in a spur of the moment trip ( you can argue all you want about the girls deciding in advance but its the sister who made the final decision )..
2/ the first thing that was searched was the phone..and they had no evidence to suggest the girls were catfished that day ( that text ) or they wouldn't have gone and said ( there is no reason to think about catfishing online ) right after ..or to link this creep or his dad or whomever finally to the crime...

3/ a girl wouldn't take a gf to a secret date but lets say she did ..they had a chat before the abduction that was heard by LE and the family and there is no mention of this date ..does this makes sense even ?

4/ the first thing a digital killer would do is to erase his digital print connecting him to the victim and to look for the phone when approaching the victims.. which didnt happen here

5/catfishing usually involves direct rape.. cause that victim was chosen and stalked..the killer wouldn't be able to control himself..but we know this didnt happen here..if he wanted to appease his desires thru kill thrill.. he could have done that with any random victim..also noting the young age of the victims.. we cant say this is a case of an online stalker being angry over constant rejection which also cant be proven here

JMO

If I'm not mistaken isn't catfishing just the act of presenting yourself as a different more attractive person than you are to interact with people on the internet. It didn't have to have a meeting in place or for a rape to occur to be catfishing. Women catfish men in many cases for money without intention ofever seeing them in person.

JMO, MOO

If I'm not mistaken isn't catfishing just the act of presenting yourself as a different more attractive person than you are to interact with people on the internet. It didn't have to have a meeting in place or for a rape to occur to be catfishing. Women catfish men in many cases for money without intention ofever seeing them in person.

JMO, MOO

Yes, you are correct in your thinking. Regardless of who the murderer ends up being. Libby was catfished by KAK.

The statements presented earlier regarding what catfishing is and is not are not based in fact.

my reason

JMO
It’s pretty clear now that the girls were catfished, and that they were going to meet someone. Many of us had suspected all along that the murders weren’t random, and that they had planned to meet someone. But now MSM is reporting it so we can discuss it on these threads.
A couple of pages later in the transcript, the trooper confronts Kline saying that Anthony Shots was supposed to meet Libby on the Delphi High Bridge the day she died.

“See I don’t remember ever saying to meet up with me though,” Kline responded.

Earlier, the trooper quoted Kline’s message to another person after he learned about Libby and Abby’s murder where Anthony Shots wrote “Yeah, we were supposed to meet but she never showed up.”

According to the transcripts, investigators said they knew Libby was speaking to Anthony Shots at the sleepover the night before she went to the Delphi trail with Abby. Police said they believe Libby was being groomed by the account. “Unfortunately she was completely enthralled with Anthony Shots,” investigators said in the transcripts.
A break in the Delphi murders? Transcripts reveal new details

my reason

JMO
Yes, a date needs to be established for a meet up, but if they couldn’t have gotten a ride, then so be it - on to the next thing.
Kids hide chats all kinds of places on phones ( different apps, chats of online games, etc). It may have taken LE awhile to find that stuff, especially if anonymous.
Maybe the perp wiped Libby’s phone of these things? Would take LE longer to dissect and find.
I’m not sure the perp went there to kill them. Maybe he was mad she brought a friend and went nuts. And absolutely young people might bring friend to a secret meeting. We tell them to be safe all the time! Remember they were 14 - so young.

bbm green
And at the prior sleepover is my understanding. Seems like A LOT of communication in the days prior :-0

It’s pretty clear now that the girls were catfished, and that they were going to meet someone. Many of us had suspected all along that the murders weren’t random, and that they had planned to meet someone. But now MSM is reporting it so we can discuss it on these threads.

A break in the Delphi murders? Transcripts reveal new details

I knew it was catfishing or geocaching all along and just waited patiently to be able to discuss it.

Definition and explanation of catfishing. Catfishing - Wikipedia

Children shouldn't be allowed internet access or a smartphone until they have a basic understanding of Catfishing. MOO

Last edited:
Yes, a date needs to be established for a meet up, but if they couldn’t have gotten a ride, then so be it - on to the next thing.
Kids hide chats all kinds of places on phones ( different apps, chats of online games, etc). It may have taken LE awhile to find that stuff, especially if anonymous.
Maybe the perp wiped Libby’s phone of these things? Would take LE longer to dissect and find.
I’m not sure the perp went there to kill them. Maybe he was mad she brought a friend and went nuts. And absolutely young people might bring friend to a secret meeting. We tell them to be safe all the time! Remember they were 14 - so young.
For all we know it was agreed that he would be bringing a friend to meet Abby. There are so many apps that wipe the texts away as soon as they were read and some of them have been mentioned in relation to this investigation and KAK specifically (Kik, Snapchat) In the beginning, some of the media dubbed this "the snapchat murders"

Just to clarify, "Catfishing" - is merely contacting someone under a false identity in order to obtain something from them.

Its a form of on line fraud, usually based under the pretenses of starting a relationship or romantic interest.

Its has been used for many different criminal purposes, such as to obtain money, to defame individuals, to blackmail others, or to obtain sexual favors, and has in a few cases, resulted in murder.

Per wiki

"Catfishing is a deceptive activity where a person creates a fictional persona or fake identity on a social networking service, usually targeting a specific victim. The practice may be used for financial gain, to compromise a victim in some way, as a way to intentionally upset a victim, or for wish fulfillment."

There are plenty of stories , of people that have been defrauded out of thousands of dollars by people they have never actually met, people raped under the pretense of meeting someone for innocuous reasons, and people have even been lured to their deaths by people they never even met .

So an actual physical relationship does NOT need be established in order for one to be catfished .

As a matter of fact the entire premise of catfishing is based, on anonymity

Last edited:
Just to clarify, "Catfishing" - is merely contacting someone under a false identity in order to obtain something from them.

Its a form of fraud, usually based under the pretenses of starting a relationship or romantic interest.

Its has been used for many different criminal purposes, such as to obtain money, to defame individuals, to blackmail others, or to obtain sexual favors, and has in a few cases, resulted in murder.

Per wiki

"Catfishing is a deceptive activity where a person creates a fictional persona or fake identity on a social networking service, usually targeting a specific victim. The practice may be used for financial gain, to compromise a victim in some way, as a way to intentionally upset a victim, or for wish fulfillment."

There are plenty of stories , of people that have been defrauded out of thousands of dollars by people they have never actually met, people raped under the pretense of meeting someone for innocuous reasons, and people have even been lured to their deaths by people they never even met .

So an actual physical relationship does NOT need be established in order for one to be catfished .

Yes and in regards to KAK, this where I lose the alignment of the storyline to KAK being a possible suspect. He was obviously getting sexual gratification from catfishing and impersonating himself as a wealthy, good looking hot young guy. In his dreams he thrived on having online relationships with young girls as an ego booster, I’d presume.

So if he planned to meet up with anyone in person, no way would he pass himself off as anything but an overweight dorky unappealing man and the gig would be up. We know of no connection he had to the Delphi trails or bridge so even if he intended to experiment with murder, even though nothing we know of gives basis to that, how would he have known in advance that location would give him the opportunity as opposed to getting busted?

The only way I could imagine it happening is if KAK posed as a driver who said he’d take the girls somewhere else to meet with anthony_shots and they adamantly balked and ran, causing him to panic and react with anger. But if he didn’t drive, how would he have gotten to Delphi? It requires lots of filling in the blanks to create a remotely possible plausible theory involving KAK, similar to everyone who’s been suspected of being a possible suspect, none have been a perfect fit. JMO

Last edited:
There are only 3 ways the interaction between killer and victim ocurrs in this case

1) The killer observes the victims at some point prior to and followed them (Stalking)

2) The killer was just in the area and came upon the girls with no adult presence he acted out (Impulse)- This is the most common in cases, of abduction murders of children

3) The Killer knew the girls were there by some means or lured the girls there .
Yes and in regards to KAK, this where I lose the alignment of the storyline to KAK being a possible suspect. He was obviously getting sexual gratification from catfishing and impersonating himself as a wealthy, good looking hot young guy. In his dreams he thrived on having online relationships with young girls as an ego booster, I’d presume.

So if he planned to meet up with anyone in person, no way would he pass himself off as anything but an overweight dorky unappealing man and the gig would be up. We know of no connection he had to the Delphi trails or bridge so even if he intended to experiment with murder, even though nothing we know of gives basis to that, how would he have known in advance that location would give him the opportunity as opposed to getting busted?

Not sure what you are asking, but in the article it states this suspect agreed to meet Libby German at the bridge.

Remember the girls dont know who he is or what he actually looks like, he knows what they look like, he knows they are there, but because hes using a fake profile ,he can approach and walk right by them if he feels its too risky, they would have no idea who he was just some guy walking through.

But he doesnt , he sees they are alone theres not many people around, so my feeling is he uses, some type of ruse or threat , to get them to go "down the hill" maybe he says hes a friend of the on line personna whos waiting "down the hill" or he presents a weapon in order to force compliance, but I feel thats a long way to try to get 2 people to walk without outcry .

He gets them somewhere he feels safe then does what he wants, and escapes

my reason

JMO

1. All it takes is two seconds to fire off a text to someone to confirm the meeting will happen as hoped and a rough time. LG could have fired off such a text right before leaving to go to the bridge with Abby, or she could have sent it once they arrived. They could have decided the night before that they'd ask to go and let the BG guy know if it was a hit or a miss the following day as the plan unfolded. Its naive to think they couldn't set it up on the fly.

2. Even if LE didn't find immediate evidence of it, I'd like to remind that some apps use disappearing messages, and who's to say the killer never knew about the phone and didn't delete a text himself?? He may not have realized he was on video but he may have known which app to check and delete and we don't know if that happened or not.

3. Why not? If I were going to meet someone from the internet, and I were even remotely stranger danger aware, I'd bring a friend. LG may have thought safer with a friend. AW may have known what the actual plan was and went along with it, or she may not of. We may never know what she knew or when.

4. We do not know this for sure. We don't know where they found the phone. It could have been hidden in LG's clothing, or nearby in the bushes. We have no idea where they found it. Could have been played with by a perp, or maybe it wasn't. We do not know. There is a reason why LE hasn't told us. It must be pertinent to the case or we'd know more about where it was found and in what condition.

5. I've never heard that catfishing usually involves rape. I've known women to catfish men, and they just find it amusing at best, or they use it to catch a cheater etc. I have known men who have engaged in the practice for similar reasons - to see if their gal will cheat. I've known guys to do it to total strangers because they feel inadequate and too shy etc to show their own faces. Its not right, no. But not every catfisher is a rapist. In this particular case, it is minor children, so of course that seems the motive for catfishing, but it could have just been to get the victim to gain trust, send lewds etc... We don't even know if the girls were sexually assaulted or not, and I kinda hope we never find out.

Something to consider when dealing with crimes against children

There's little safety in numbers when dealing with child predators, an adult presence is about the only thing that deters an attempt on a child .

In cases, where a child is abducted or lured the presence of another child usually does little to dissuade the offender, and may result in multiple victims .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces