Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #144

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has there been a posted court date for KK? For the charges he’s currently in jail for?

Has there been a posted court date for KK? For the charges he’s currently in jail for?

Yes, currently the trial is scheduled for September 26 - October 4. Interestingly, when it was last rescheduled, they added 2 additional days to the scheduled trial. It had been 5 previously slated for May 9-13, and now it's slated for 7 in Sep/Oct.

I'm not sure what you think I am reading into? There have always been questions about the religious undertones of messages from LE. Seems interesting the guy is an ordained minister.

Fair. I just don't think getting ordained to perform ceremonies actually has anything to do with religion. He stated he did so to be able to perform a ceremony for his mom, IIRC.

... he’s not overweight, he’s morbidly obese and has been in every photo I’ve seen of him dating back until he was about 18. Yes he’s gotten bigger the last few years but morbid obesity is a far cry from overweight.

There IS a big difference between "overweight" and "morbidly obese," and I think we should use care when describing people with those terms, when we are using those terms to evaluate what people are capable of, physically. NIH says "morbid obesity" is a BMI greater than 40. As I said previously (see below), KAK might be "morbidly obese" in his 2020 booking photo, we can't tell from that photo. But he's certainly not "morbidly obese" in the Hoover Dam photo. That photo is AFAIK the photo closest to KAK's body habitus in Feb 2017, when the murders occurred. In that photo my own opinion (see below) is that KAK is on the borderline between "overweight" and "obese." Discussion below is from previous discussions on this thread:
--------------------------
Found Deceased - IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #140

"... but looking at pictures of KAK, I don't see his being Bridge Guy. KAK is morbidly obese (even in the picture with his dad). Unless he was much, much thinner in early 2017 ..."

The picture with his dad is not IMO "morbidly obese" or even close. I'd guess a BMI of no more than 30, tops, and I'd guess 5'9" to 5'10" and 180-190 pounds based on the body size of the earlier photos, the Hoover Dam one in particular. (Thanks for ID'ing the location, Historynut!) I'm retired now but a lot of my 30 years at work involved getting vitals of human research subjects prior to doing pulmonary function testing on them and I feel fairly confident of my estimate.

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachments/kak-sizes-01-jpg.327147/

AND:
Found Deceased - IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #141

fairly sure, MHO, that KAK *could* be BG based on his size in the now-famous "Hoover Dam" photo (it's several pages back in the discussion if you haven't seen it.) The kid with his dad at the Dam in that photo is right around the size estimates, *IMO* and this is just MOO, of 5'8" to 5'10" and 180-200 pounds.

One user said KAK was "morbidly obese" and I agree he may be at the 2020 booking photo. (I think the kid has all the signs of high-dose prednisone use in that booking photo, JMHO but I've seen many dozens of patients who looked like that because of prednisone.) In the Hoover Dam photo, doing the calcs for 5'8" and 200 pounds equals a BMI of 30.4; the lower limit for "obese" is 30. If he were 5'10" and 200 pounds, BMI would be 27.8 and he'd be "overweight" by federal standards, not obese.

Attachments

• kak sizes 01.jpg
    kak sizes 01.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 90
I just read in the transcript he says he's an ordained minister...well well well. Doesn't that answer some questions about religion?
You can become an ordained minister in a short amount of time and very cheap.

Some people become ordained ministers for tax avoidance, or to be able to obtain a parking sticker. Or, I am sure, many other reasons.

I wouldn't read too much into that. Two of our good friends got "ordained" online so they could marry us.
Agreed.

However, being an “ordained minister” is just another door that opens to allow a predator access to children and those most vulnerable.

According to the transcript he Served as the Minister at his mother’s wedding.

I’m sure he used his newfound title to further his pedophilic career.

MOO

I just read in the transcript he says he's an ordained minister...well well well. Doesn't that answer some questions about religion?

If KAK became ordained for any reason that has to do with actual spirituality in the way that Carter was talking about, I will be very surprised. I'm sure that he saw the opportunity as merely yet another way to grift people, which is basically how he treats everyone he comes across.

I'm not sure what you think I am reading into? There have always been questions about the religious undertones of messages from LE. Seems interesting the guy is an ordained minister.

"Ordained minister" is used very, very lightly here. It's basically just some forms and payment you submit online so that you can officiate a wedding. There really isn't any religion involved in this. And honestly, I would argue that these "ministers" are typically used in ceremonies that do not revolve around religion or church.

"Ordained minister" is used very, very lightly here. It's basically just some forms and payment you submit online so that you can officiate a wedding. There really isn't any religion involved in this. And honestly, I would argue that these "ministers" are typically used in ceremonies that do not revolve around religion or church.

That was our case. We were not married in a church, and my H is an atheist so we didn’t want a religious officiant.

smart ? he went to kill a victim he already had digital communications with in the wide open ..and forgot to look for the phone ?
I dont see how can anyone see this moron as the BG we know..whenever a new suspect appears..play starts to play down every known aspect of the case like ( the video is so blurry we can fit anyone here )
( the voice isnt important ) ..( BG has no intelligence he was just lucky ) ..
any white male will do
Never said he was smart. Never said he was BG. In fact, I don’t think he is.

I only said that if he was smart enough to use two phones, he might also have been smart enough to use two personas.

And actually, at the time, he apparently had three phones - one of which (the iPhone 5) he was smart enough to hide from LE - and then smart enough to successfully delete all it’s incriminating evidence, and then smart enough to later turn it in.

And my guess is, whether he was BG or not, KAK probably started eating 15 whoppers and 5 quarts of ice cream a day after the BG video was released. You don’t have to be smart to figure that out.

All Jmo

Last edited:
Chris Farley was obese and had no problem performing high energy physical comedy. Melissa McCarthy as well.

I’m not sure that we can paint all obese people as unable to traverse a bridge or walk a trail.

MOO
About his ability walking the trails or the high bridge, I didn't think twice. BUT the very fast murder plus the fast exit has me wondering as well as the mention by police, how quickly he (the perp) came around. KAK doesn't seem to be a person, who is nimble and agile and trained in sports. He rather seems to be sluggish and a daredevil maximal with his big mouth (albeit only by texts perhaps). IMO

Last edited:
About his ability walking the trails or the high bridge, I didn't think twice. BUT the very fast murder plus the fast exit has me wondering as well as the mention by police, how quickly he (the perp) came around. KAK doesn't seem to be a person, who is nimble and agile and trained in sports. He rather seems to be sluggish and a daredevil maximal with his big mouth (albeit only by texts perhaps). IMO

He doesn't have to be "nimble" or "trained in sports" to get in and out of there quickly. If you know where you're going, you just move in that direction. This isn't a movie.

Retired FBI agent on Kegan Kline transcript: 'This interview looked to me a little bit like a Hail Mary'

<snip>

Retired FBI Special Agent in Charge Michael Tabman said he isn’t sure this interview will do much for the investigation.

“It is good to know when someone is lying but in this case, it didn’t seem to have any impact on the suspect and honestly, I don’t know where you go from here in terms of an interview, in that you’ve already kind of shown your hand unless you really do develop some new evidence,” said Tabman.

I-Team 8’s Demie Johnson asked Tabman, “You saw the transcript, when you read the transcript did you think that they were interviewing a suspect or did you think that they were just fishing?”

“Little of both. This guy clearly is a suspect. No matter what. The fact that he was communicating with this victim under illegal and indecent reasons, then this person’s dead, certainly makes him a suspect. This interview looked to me a little bit like a Hail Mary. Let’s just go out there and see if we can’t pressure him into it and keep pointing out that we know when he’s lying,” Tabman said.

Tabman said it’s important to note, he doesn’t know every detail the Delphi investigative team knows.

Tabman said he is sharing observation based on his time and experience in the FBI.

While walking the trail and crossing the bridge etc would take an obvious physical effort, what happened after the bridge crossing would also take a huge mental effort - adrenaline, fear, excitement etc all rolled into one.

KAK lost his cool several times in that interview just because officers needled him a little bit. I just don’t see him being able to keep a lid on things if he really was BG. I don’t know what it is but for me he just doesn’t fit that photo of BG. I don’t see KAK in any way when I look at that photo. It’s maddening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces