Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #90

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Delphi in 2010 census was a pretty small town IMO. Wonder how many people can be eliminated from physical characteristics alone.

"....
2010 census[edit]
As of the census[3] of 2010, there were 2,893 people, 1,135 households, and 694 families residing in the city. The population density was 1,059.7 inhabitants per square mile (409.2/km2). There were 1,270 housing units at an average density of 465.2 per square mile (179.6/km2). The racial makeup of the city was 91.7% White, 0.4% African American, 0.2% Native American, 0.2% Asian, 5.5% from other races, and 1.9% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 11.3% of the population...."
"....The median age in the city was 37.5 years. 25.9% of residents were under the age of 18; 8.5% were between the ages of 18 and 24; 25.5% were from 25 to 44; 22.3% were from 45 to 64; and 18% were 65 years of age or older. The gender makeup of the city was 47.9% male and 52.1% female...."
Delphi, Indiana - Wikipedia

I'd start looking through the Dept of Motor vehicle records.... registration etc. Don't they say everyone is a suspect until ?

I really hope they solve this ......
:(

Have any of you studied profiling?
I have not but am curious to know what aspects of a crime would indicate the suspect is likely to insert themself into an investigation and attend a press conference.
Also, that the suspect likely told someone.

I think i can understand why power and religion Play a role here but not the other things i mentioned.

They are basing this assessment on the past actions of people that they believe to be similar to him.

A lot can be learned from past crimes, and that’s essentially what profiling does.

This idea that he may attempt to insert himself into the investigation, and even attend a press conference, is based on past behaviors from people who they believe exhibit similar psychological characteristics.

In general, these people follow the news about this case closely, and have a hard time keeping their mouths shut.

They’ve got a big secret, and everyone is talking about them. They can’t come out and take credit, but they can achieve a measure of attention by bragging to others.

There are some great books about this sort of thing, written by former FBI profilers.

John Douglas, Robert Ressler, and Roy Hazelwood have written some solid ones.

Could be. The more I think about the PC, the more it seems like amateur hour. Releasing a two-year old sketch? Really? If they thought it had value, they'd have released it long ago. The audio and video added next to nothing. And I'm sure all the bluster ("We're not gonna quit 'til we catch you") has BG shaking in his boots. Yeah, if I'm the family, I'm beginning to lose hope.
I have the opposite reaction. I think the press conference was very professional, planned, and had a specific purpose.

I was worried, I admit, that the case had gone cold. I do not think that anymore. I think they will catch BG.

jmo

At the end of the press conference, the officer minimized the video and closed window. The officer's desktop was then revealed, and there were lots of files on the desktop.

A part of me wonders if LE may have intentionally placed something on that desktop as a message to the killer.

Can anyone make out the names of the files? I saw a pic of a red truck. What can you see?
There's a clear view on this video -

Nothing really jumped out at me.

Could be. The more I think about the PC, the more it seems like amateur hour. Releasing a two-year old sketch? Really? If they thought it had value, they'd have released it long ago. The audio and video added next to nothing. And I'm sure all the bluster ("We're not gonna quit 'til we catch you") has BG shaking in his boots. Yeah, if I'm the family, I'm beginning to lose hope.

I interpret it differently. For two years, the dominant theory was that this crime was committed by an outsider who was long gone. Now the LE is clearly stating their belief that the murderer is among them. Delphi is a tiny town, less than 3,000 people. Everyone must know everyone, and I would imagine that this development would be extraordinarily disturbing to the family members, and ultimately to all members of the community.

Last edited:
A lot of us have been following this case since the girls were just missing... it’s hard for us to go back and get a link for things we remember from 2 years ago. Your best bet is to go to the beginning of the thread and click on the media, maps and timelines!!! So much useful info there!
Thanks, will check that out, I just started following the case with the updates yesterday.

Community continues to search for missing teens in Carroll County

“I’m getting scared now,” said Anna Williams. "It's getting cold and they've been out a long time. I don't know what time they ate last."

The girls haven't answered their phones since around the time they went missing.

"Missing, abducted, we don't know for sure,” said Patty.” The cellphone has been pinging around town – and here there is a cellphone tower – but the ping was last noted around five to six hours ago. And they say the phone is now dead.”

Why 'The Shack' 2017 film was mentioned in reference to unsolved Delphi murders
"Indiana State Police Superintendent Doug Carter mentioned the 2017 film "The Shack" Monday when talking about the killings of 14-year-old Liberty German and 13-year-old Abigail Williams in rural Delphi.

Carter addressed the person responsible for the unsolved Delphi murders in the context of "The Shack," a religious-themed story adapted from a 2007 novel by William Paul Young.

“I recently watched a movie called 'The Shack.' There’s also a book that talks so well about evil, about death and about eternity," Carter said. "To the murderer, I believe you have just a little bit of a conscious left. And I can assure you that how you left (German and Williams) in that woods is not what they’re experiencing today."

I don’t think they have a clue who the perp is. This is messy in my opinion.

I agree. At first I thought they now probably had a good idea of who it was and specifically drew a sketch to look like that person in order to perhaps "smoke him out" or to have people who knew him confirm certain things/give them more evidence in order to build a stronger case. When I found out that they had had the sketch since shortly after the murders, my heart kind of dropped.

The actual film of him walking was helpful I think- in comparison to the former blurred pics, but I don't know why that wasn't offered a lot sooner too.

They left before it started according to several reporters.
I keep seeing this as being reported but nothing concrete. The conference I watched, showed the family during the conference. I think so anyway. Going back to review when they were shown

Edited to add...They are shown during the video I watched which is from a local (Indianapolis) news channel.

Last edited:
I believe he stated the vehicle was also abandon, so I think they must have it. He stated it was abandon not far away on the opposite side of the road. Also, he never used the word "car" , only vehicle. Think it means anything??
LE uses the word vehicle imo. So, if he said the vehicle was abandoned that falls in line with them asking about a possible hitch hiker early in the game. I wonder if the vehicle was towed from the property.

"Also, I don't think it's fair to call the search site abandoned. Everyone involved was out well past dark, and in wooded areas far from light and near a river, I am quite certain the decision to call off the search for the night was made for safety reasons."

Get some flashlights. I would have. I can't imagine their thinking. Which was, as published, they believed the girls were missing by choice. And they stopped searching because it was......dark. Yes, it's dark at night. But that's what flashlights are for. If it were my child, I would have sued for abandoning the search. They would have settled too.

Considering the fact LE is saying a vehicle was parked from 12-5 I'd bet the girls were deceased by 4:30 at the latest. Coldhearted as it sounds, there was nothing left to do but find their bodies. Yes, parents would want to search nonstop. But LE can't endanger others in that terrain.

this discussion about the hair and ethnicity is interesting and could potentially be useful, depending on the demographics of Delphi. Curly hair is a dominant trait, but how common is it in Delphi? I have extremely curly/wavy hair but was adopted into a family that has stick straight hair, and growing up the majority of my peers also had stick straight hair. People I wasn't friends with in school even knew OF me because of my hair and would say things like 'oh you mean the girl with the ugly poofy hair?' :rolleyes::oops: There are people who definitely know who this person is; IMO the sketch doesn't look like just any old small town Joe.
I have wavy frizzy hair and my sister has stick straight hair. We're irish.

They could have interviewed someone close to a person resembling the primary sketch and an alibi was provided, and now they need someone to bust that alibi

No way in hell was BG going to be lured into the pc imo. He covered his tracks pretty well apparently, hed know what they were trying to do.

Last week it was reported that the investigation was taking a 90° turn. Wonder if there’s something significant about that 90° turn that would bait the suspect into attending the press conference.

Then at the press conference: after two years you probably did not think we would take a new direction.

Maybe the car is where the witness saw the killer and they don't want tosaythe car type because the killer might try to get ridof the car....andif the police mentioned the car type...he wouldn't be able to get rid of the car without someone being suspicious.
Or LE needs someone to confirm the current witness’s account and need them to describe not just the driver but the car so they know it’s legit.

Considering the fact LE is saying a vehicle was parked from 12-5 I'd bet the girls were deceased by 4:30 at the latest. Coldhearted as it sounds, there was nothing left to do but find their bodies. Yes, parents would want to search nonstop. But LE can't endanger others in that terrain.
Yep, I’ve always believed everything happened very quickly between the 2:07 Snapchat and the 5:30 pickup time. Probably even before 3pm. I think BG was long gone by 5pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
appt