Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #91

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering where that information came from since I hadn’t seen it before.
From my notes - Early on in the thread a poster said they had read that a searcher had found Abby up the hill with leaves/brush on her, and Libby down the hill, partially in the water..... Where they got that from , who knows ? Probably SM gossip....... This info about Abby's Dad seeing a man in that area in the 3:30 -4:30 time range has got my attention. If that info came out before in this case, I missed it........MOO

Thanks. Other reporting has just confirmed this as being accurate.

Up until now, I thought they were different interpretations of the same man.

That old sketch no longer applies.

And classically on Twitter, two reporters are reporting different interpretations. One says the ISP clarified the sketches are the same man, and the other reporter says they clarified the first released (hat) sketch is no longer a suspect.

No wonder the public is confused. Confounds me how reporters can fail to comprehend reading, and their job is so vital to conveying info!

Huh. Well, I don't know about the rest of you, but my head is sure spinning from this latest news to disregard the "older guy" sketch. I'm kind of at a loss for words, which you all know is not the norm for me.

I really hope this all makes sense soon. The poor families.

1) We don't know they didn't.

2) Confidentiality of the investigation.

I believe we have been told the families were not shown the composite. I do not think "confidentiality of the investigation" is a valid reason for LE to keep this composite from the victim's families for 2 years while the killer roams free.

It sure sounds like LE has completely ruled out the sketch #1 person and is focused solely on Sketch #2 person. Now we know what the new information is. They know who this is. moo

"DELPHI, Ind. (WTHR) — Indiana State Police are clearing up questions about a new sketch released of the suspect in the Delphi murders.

The first point made is that the new sketch is the person police are now searching for and the old sketch is no longer a person of interest."

The two sketches do not depict the same person."

State Police clear up points on new Delphi sketch
Wow. This is very important. I hope everyone stops and reads this.

I have a new theory. This came to me in the last hour. The suspect might be, MOO, in fact, very well known in the community(probably religious) and by now does know that they are coming after him. He could very well turn himself in. He’s not a monster, albeit he did a monstrous horrible thing. He’s s very, very troubled young man who had lost his faith in God during traumatic times, and committed a horrible crime, during a time in his life that things completely went off the rails in every way. Dare I add the diagnosis of Major Depression with psychotic features. There was probably a break up in there that was the final straw, hence Valentine’s Day. I truly believe this saga will be over soon. Again, MOO. I wrote this post before I read up in the news about the two sketches. I believe he will be in his mid twenties, highly educated, and someone nobody except those closest would suspect.
<modsnip-personalized> I do NOT care that he is troubled or was wronged as a young person or whatever. And yes he is a monster! <modsnip-personalized> JMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Huh. Well, I don't know about the rest of you, but my head is sure spinning from this latest news to disregard the "older guy" sketch. I'm kind of at a loss for words, which you all know is not the norm for me.

I really hope this all makes sense soon. The poor families.

What is interesting is that during the press conference, he said the old sketch is secondary now, not to actually disregard it. It was an interesting choice of words. I don't know if that means the perp had facial hair when the crime was committed and doesn't now, or what. We all seem to agree that the person in the new sketch looks younger.

Update: Just noticed now from your posts that LE is saying to disregard the first sketch as a POI. Interesting development!

We should all teach our children what OPrah taught us long ago. If you are abducted, NEVER let the perp take you to a secondary site. The percentages are that you WILL BE killed. If a perp tries to change your location , RESIST and FIGHT. It's crazy that I am thinking we have to teach children this message.

And classically on Twitter, two reporters are reporting different interpretations. One says the ISP clarified the sketches are the same man, and the other reporter says they clarified the first released (hat) sketch is no longer a suspect.

No wonder the public is confused. Confounds me how reporters can fail to comprehend reading, and their job is so vital to conveying info!
I think the confounding and lack of clarity is squarely on LE here. I listened to that press conference several times and still had no idea what he was trying to say at times. Even after the several clarifications they have issued ...

I believe we have been told the families were not shown the composite. I do not think "confidentiality of the investigation" is a valid reason for LE to keep this composite from the victim's families for 2 years while the killer roams free.

You're entitled to your opinion but again, I'm not arguing either way, just positing suggestions. I'm not LE and I didn't make that decision.

<modsnip-quoted post was snipped>

I am absolutely blown away by the elimination of the first sketch as a POI. I interpreted the language at the presser that the first sketch was "secondary" to mean that they thought the new one was simply more accurate.

I am hoping: (1) the new sketch is not made from Libby's step-dad's interaction, as I don't know how he'd be able to deal with being face-to-face with BG so soon after the crime and his information being set aside for 2+ years; (2) that BG has not gotten up to other nefarious activities over the past two years because he continued to fly under the radar due to the wrong pic being plastered everywhere; and (3) that an identification and arrest are imminent.

We should all teach our children what OPrah taught us long ago. If you are abducted, NEVER let the perp take you to a secondary site. The percentages are that you WILL BE killed. If a perp tries to change your location , RESIST and FIGHT. It's crazy that I am thinking we have to teach children this message.

Oprah also taught us the unreliability of witness descriptions when she staged the purse snatching incident while people were waiting in line to get into her show. They all had different descriptions of the “purse snatcher”, which was precisely the point of her experiment.

They're human. Look at the video though. Can you make out what this guy looks like?

We have one witness who claims to have saw him other than the victims themselves, how do you know how reliable he is?

LE can only do so much. Watch that video a million times, all the experts in the world cant form a logical, competent sketch because we have nothing. You cant see him really.

Forgive me, I have so many thoughts/questions. I’m only going by my memory and well 2 years 2 months later I have the right to question my memory. lol.

I thought the witness was a female who was walking her dog and actually spoke with BG? Seems to me she would have seen his face better than the others.
While I’m on that subject, is she the woman (the one with the dog) who moved away due to fear because she saw him? I was thinking that witness (the one that moved right away) was on W 300 N and a totally different witness.

Was the witness that gave the sketch 3/4 days after the murders a male? If so, could he be the lone male that no one talks about anymore? I remember hearing about him somewhere and it wasn’t FSG.

There was also another witness (young female).

So I’m counting 5 witness that have been talked about. 3 females & 2 males?

Corrections on the above are appreciated if my memory is wrong.

It will be interesting to find out one day who the witness was that described that sketch and the location that person was at when they saw BG.

I totally agree that you can’t really see his facial features. Gray H put up a video last night that really puts into perspective that LE (or someone) actually zoomed in on that video so the public could see the person better. That’s not how it was viewed on Libby’s phone when she recorded it.

Oprah also taught us the unreliability of witness descriptions when she staged the purse snatching while people were waiting in line to get into her show. They all had different descriptions, which was the point of her experiment.
Yes, and
I have always remembered that message, it really made an impression! Due to my nature, I know I would do' my utmost to run, scream and kick at the perpetrator and maybe get shot in the process, but just hope not fatally. Those poor girls!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper