Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #91

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In regards to his outfit, this is why I don’t think the guy is local. Someone would have recognised him by now.

While he looks ‘clean’, it’s hard to tell from the photo.

Since they couldn’t match his DNA in the system, he doesn’t have a prior arrest, but that doesn’t mean this is his first time either. He had been watching those girls from probably the second they stepped foot on that trail and he could have been anywhere. With no leaves on the trees, he had vantage points from just anywhere.
BBM
WOW! That would be some breaking news if true!

Just now jumping onto this thread since the press conference. Do not know if someone has suggested this so please let me know, but is it possible the sketches are of a father and son? Or some sort of familial relationship? I'm asking because the sketches look so similar when both images are superimposed.

I agree it looks like they could be related similar eyes, nose shape but facial hair, extra weight, and age to the first one.
It's highly possible the girls were busy filming the older, creepy dude when the son came up behind them and started talking and said "Hey guys..."
I could see both sketches also being the same suspect except someone saw a thinner, younger man that day. Video footage might have added weight and shadows that made him appear older.

And that is a great question. It's been suggested that this press conference was carefully choreographed by the FBI. I guess that could be so and the Shack reference is a really pertinent ploy. I sure hope so. But as an amateur observer of this press conference, it came across to me as unhinged and incoherent.

Fair comment. But considering much of what he spoke about was directed at the killer, it might only appear it was unhinged and incoherent to the rest of us who are innocent!

Now to find out where this car(vehicle was located) Does someone please have an actual picture of the area it was seen at?Was this building abandoned then when this vehicle was there?

True, but isn’t someone recording being led to their own death the stuff of nightmares?

My reply was regarding if there are "45 minutes" of recordings obtained from the phones. Hearing "guys down the hill" is a little soft in my opinion to qualify as the stuff of nightmares. I'm certain there must be more nightmarish audio.

Hello all! I've spent the last few days looking, trying to find anything, such as most of you. I noticed what seems to be a watch? On BG's right wrist. (Or what seems to look like it from the glare) If I'm correct, wouldn't that mean he is left handed? I could be wrong, but there is definitely a glare. IMO

Attachments

• IMG_20190424_192417.jpg
    IMG_20190424_192417.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 66
The Shack is about the shock accompanying the murder of a little girl. Shock is associated with Libby's and Abby's murders. Carter saw the movie and noted the similarities. Nothing more.

It seems a bit pointless for Carter to interject a movie he saw into a press conference like that.

I feel Carter and the police had a strategic reasoning behind it. Aren't press conferences usually carefully rehearsed?

I believe the PC was also appealing to the spouse/family/friend of BG that knows something for sure, or even just might suspect something. The specificity and intentionality used, imho, in the wording, and inflections, and even in Carter's eyes might encourage this spouse/family/friend of BG to come forward. I, too, believe they know who BG is AND they know who the person alibi-ing or ignoring signs or being afraid to come forward is too. I sense the PC was written, as is, to appeal to BOTH of these known people. Moo, of course.

Maybe this technology was utilized?
Would not be surprised if the perp has started wearing glasses, imo.

Facial Recognition Could Help Identity People When They Are Disguised | Digital Trends
facial-recognition-4-720x720.jpg

"Engineers at India’s National Institute of Technology and Institute of Science and the U.K.’s University of Cambridge have developed a facial recognition framework that can identify even people who actively obscure their faces.
“This system can be used to identify a person even if they are disguised,” Amarjot Singh, from the University of Cambridge, told Digital Trends. “This can be used to identify criminals trying to disguise their appearance to avoid law enforcement. The problem of Disguise Face Identification (DFI) is an extremely challenging and interesting problem that is of great interest to law enforcement — as they can use this technology to identify criminals.”

The deep learning-based system works by identifying 14 key areas of the face, including 10 for the eyes, three for the lips, and one for the nose. It is capable of estimating these even when they are obscured in some way. It then compares these readings to images to find a match. In early tests, the results were 56 percent accurate at finding the right person when their face was covered with a hat or scarf — although this dropped to 43 percent when they also wear glasses. Those figures are not going to be considered evidence in a court of law anytime soon, but they could certainly help police narrow down a search."

Something is just not right about this entire crime. Who was covering for who? I always felt like they were taken down the wrong path on the witness situation.... in the beginning they were more concerned in prosecuting the old farmer.. then it was Nations...then it was another guy...I feel someone steered this case to their own benefit ...and it was away from the person who committed the crime. Now all of the sudden... they have "real" leads? What is really going on here?

Strangely enough, several suspects seemed to match the sketch and had prior records/arrests. Too many creepers!

True, but isn’t someone recording being led to their own death the stuff of nightmares?

At the beginning of this recording, there doesn't appear any violence, and I hope at this stage the girls are not aware, how serious matters will become.
They are possibly frightened but thankfully we don't hear crying or sobbing.

I can see books, movies written about similar incidents: ordered by the murderer towards your own demise.
MOO.

I believe the PC was also appealing to the spouse/family/friend of BG that knows something for sure, or even just might suspect something. The specificity and intentionality used, imho, in the wording, and inflections, and even in Carter's eyes might encourage this spouse/family/friend of BG to come forward. I, too, believe they know who BG is AND they know who the person alibi-ing or ignoring signs or being afraid to come forward is too. I sense the PC was written, as is, to appeal to BOTH of these known people. Moo, of course.
If you look at all the theorising on this thread about Carters comment, you can only imagine what thoughts are running through the killers mind. That’s what those comments were designed for. Perhaps the movie reference meant nothing, but if everyone runs out and hires the movie, LE will certainly be watching.

Welcome to all new posters on this thread! So glad you are here!

This thread is flying past me so fast that I am reading the posts as fast as I can.

Which brings me to this thought - if we are on fire after the press conference and all of the ensuing information - what is going through the minds of the citizens in Delphi and surrounding areas?

I imagine they are racking their memories and staring at the sketch.

The momentum is still rising and this makes me feel that a break will happen sooner than later!

I agree. I keep wondering if there are two Perps - a father and son duo. I know there has been absolutely no indication by LE that this is even a possibility, but I just can't seem to reconcile the video and the new sketch. BG looks much older. I just don't know....baffled.
Amateur opinion and speculation

I think what makes him look older is the shadows on his face and all the extra in the middle from his layers or weapon combined with his truly shorter/stockier legs that are more reminiscent of an older man. But I do think that is the killer and in real life he is a young man with a similar lower half and much slimmer upper body and younger face than the video makes you think.

I guess what I mean by out of character is not so much that he would not wear jeans and a jacket, but the "lumberjack" type persona he is giving off in the photos/vidoes is not his real life image.

Someone suggested that parabon did a comp from the killer's DNA which closely resembled the sketch LE kept hidden for two years. I was just trying to explain that the parabon composites aren't accurate enough for that.

I understand. But then it veered off into linking other cases. Theres a paragon thread where you can Express your doubts as easily.

Eta: Paradon. Obviously I cant spell today.

Maybe this technology was utilized?
Would not be surprised if the perp has started wearing glasses, imo.

Facial Recognition Could Help Identity People When They Are Disguised | Digital Trends
"Engineers at India’s National Institute of Technology and Institute of Science and the U.K.’s University of Cambridge have developed a facial recognition framework that can identify even people who actively obscure their faces.
“This system can be used to identify a person even if they are disguised,” Amarjot Singh, from the University of Cambridge, told Digital Trends. “This can be used to identify criminals trying to disguise their appearance to avoid law enforcement. The problem of Disguise Face Identification (DFI) is an extremely challenging and interesting problem that is of great interest to law enforcement — as they can use this technology to identify criminals.”

The deep learning-based system works by identifying 14 key areas of the face, including 10 for the eyes, three for the lips, and one for the nose. It is capable of estimating these even when they are obscured in some way. It then compares these readings to images to find a match. In early tests, the results were 56 percent accurate at finding the right person when their face was covered with a hat or scarf — although this dropped to 43 percent when they also wear glasses. Those figures are not going to be considered evidence in a court of law anytime soon, but they could certainly help police narrow down a search."

I had hoped Facial Recognition Technology would have cracked this case by now and the Terry Beavers case. So shocked it hasn't by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member