Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #91

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My opinion is they took away the first sketch because it looks nothing like the suspect. It is so far off they want people to erase it from their minds. The new sketch is where it's at. Not even the bridge video, in my opinion.

the shack was a book.
Perhaps I'm the only one, but I I got the impression he was talking about the movie, and then he was talking about the Bible. Because his quote was exactly

" I recently watched a movie called The Shack. And there's also a book that talks so well about evil, about death and about eternity. To the murderer, I believe you have a little bit of conscious left."

I've always just assumed since I heard it when he said there's also a book that talks so well... He was talking about the Bible. Just goes to show everybody interprets things differently.

I think BG may have been feeling very powerless in his life back in Feb. 2017, and experienced a traumatic event (divorce, death in family, loss of job etc...) that led him to be angry, anxious or experience a bout of mental illness. JMO based on the notion that a 'sane' human would not brually kill two innocent children.
Snipped.

Excellent idea! This is often the case with murderers - something in their personal life triggered the desire to hurt others.

I haven't seen this angle discussed, at least not since the latest press conference.

Good thinking!

jmo

I think what makes him look older is the shadows on his face and all the extra in the middle from his layers or weapon combined with his truly shorter/stockier legs that are more reminiscent of an older man. But I do think that is the killer and in real life he is a young man with a similar lower half and much slimmer upper body and younger face than the video makes you think.

I guess what I mean by out of character is not so much that he would not wear jeans and a jacket, but the "lumberjack" type persona he is giving off in the photos/vidoes is not his real life image.
Agreed, that the perp is "disguised" from his usual appearence. I do believe that he is from 35-45 in age. His voice and the PC speaker saying that " he may look younger than his real age" makes me think that they know who he probably is and were "pushing his buttons."...moo

It seems a bit pointless for Carter to interject a movie he saw into a press conference like that.

I feel Carter and the police had a strategic reasoning behind it. Aren't press conferences usually carefully rehearsed?
I always thought in cases like this they're developed with a profiler to avoid saying something wrong while provoking a response from their POI.

I think they know who did this and are waiting to get final evidence that will lead to a conviction. I believe he was coached and knows exactly what he’s doing in that PC. (eta last line)

I think this was targeted unfortunately, but I don’t know why unless it was revenge and the girls were the unfortunate victims.

They’re not telling the public to be afraid that another murder will happen...they’re saying someone knows him. All JMO, but it’s similar to the MB case to me in that sense. Both are cases that I follow and can’t wait to be solved.

Clearly, LE must have something that they didn't have prior to now which has led them to conclude Sketch #2 is BG. Something conclusively changed their minds re: Sketch #1 being the true depiction of BG.

Sketch #2 IS the 90-degree pivot.
LE somehow became aware that they were on the road to nowhere with Sketch #1.
IMO, they have some type of new info that led them to confidently reach this conclusion.

Kudos to LE for changing tack upon realizing that this directional shift was warranted, rather than being obstinately fixed in their position re: Sketch #1 being BG.

Investigations are fluid...which means they move, and, yes, even change course at times, depending on where the evidentiary tides take them.

We don't know what LE knows.

Neither does BG.

That's probably keeping him awake nights.
He's probably going to have a hard time hiding his feelings of increased anxiety and tension from those around him. There are going to be telling signs.
Sketch #2 + audio = somebody's going to recognize BG.

It's only a matter of time now before they nail him.

Tick, tock, BG.
Tick.
Tock.

All of the Above: JMO.

If they have DNA they can also make a composite sketch from that DNA profile pretty accurately also!

I don't know if this idea has been discussed or not. I have tried, but just can't keep up with the threads. My belief is that they got Parabon involved to analyze the DNA and come up with characteristics and a likeness. IMO They freaked out when that likeness matched this old sketch buried in their file along with the stuff about the car which probably came back to an owner with some connection to some guy that also looked like the new old sketch and the likeness. IMO, then, they decided to go genealogy, tied the guy to the general area, and are waiting to further narrow it down; within weeks. Then they gave one last chance at redemption to see what they could force out and are waiting to see whose behavior changes. This all just IN MY OPINION ONLY.
I posted about Parabon a little while ago, just now saw your post. I agree, it’s a possible theory.

This was mentioned earlier in the thread but it has moved so quickly, I don't know who said it. Re: the vehicle at the abandoned lot. I am curious what time it arrived and left. Though we know it was there between 12 and 5, that doesn't necessarily mean it pulled in at 12 and left at five. Just that it was there between those hours. How much earlier did BG arrive than the girls? It's also possible (I think) that he arrived after them. How quickly after the murders did he leave? IMO I don't think he'd want to stick around, so I would imagine him high-tailing it to his car and getting out of dodge especially because there were other people on the trail that day.

Perhaps the witness who gave this sketch way back in Feb. 2017 saw BG walking quickly (perhaps even jogging?) to this car that was parked in an abandoned lot and thought it odd enough after word of the murders was released to report it. I still am curious why the other sketch was favored back then, but obviously the intel they had at the time made that one seem more logical. I just feel like, we get this new sketch AND info about this car--they may be related MOO

I think BG is male, and fair skinned (probably Caucasian). This is obvious from Libby's video.

BG looks like a highschool senior or college kid, but his voice sounds mature. I'm guessing he is in his late 20s. JMO.

I think BG is a member of the Delphi community (not a transient), but not necessarily a full time resident. This has been asserted by LE, and makes sense in the context of the killer having to be familiar with the trails and bridge.

I think BG is youthful in appearance and clean-cut, leading me to infer that he has led a somewhat privledged lifestyle. I think he would look more aged if he were an addict or alcoholic or homeless. This is just my opinion based on how I reacted when I first saw the new composite.

I think BG either owns a vehicle or has access to one. This is based on the reference in the presser to the parked car, and LE seeking tips about the identity of its driver.

I think BG is in a relationship of some type, and is likely a husband/father and/or son. This is in reference to Carter's presser referring to Abby & Libby as 'little girls' as well as stating something along the lines that the people close to BG will be shocked and horrified when they learn of his brutal crimes.

I think it is possible that BG is religious. This is based on the timing of the presser (Good Friday/Easter Monday), as well as the references in the presser to The Shack, and appealing to his conscience. It could be a stereotype, but I often assume that people from a small town are religous and that many of their community activities revolve around the church.

I think BG has been blending in with the community since the murders. This is based on Carter's reference to 'hiding in plain sight'.

I think BG either owns or has access to a gun or recently bought/sold one illegally. This is based on my gut instict that a gun was used to control the girls, but not necessarily to kill them.

I think BG is comfortable in nature and may be outdoorsy (camper; hiker; hunter; fisherman). JMO based on the crime being committed in the woods.

I think BG may work in a position of power or authority (LE, teacher, coach, youth pastor, government figure etc...). This is based on the information at the presser stating that this is about 'power' to BG.

I think BG may have been feeling very powerless in his life back in Feb. 2017, and experienced a traumatic event (divorce, death in family, loss of job etc...) that led him to be angry, anxious or experience a bout of mental illness. JMO based on the notion that a 'sane' human would not brually kill two innocent children.

I think BG had the opportunity to commit this crime on a Monday afternoon without anyone being overly suspicious, which leads me to believe that he is/was unemployed, a seasonal worker, a shift worker, on a paid or unpaid day off, or works in close proximity to the trails.
I agree with just about everything you said.

In particular, crimes like this are usually committed after a precipitating stressor.

This is something common in serial killers, but likely applies to this guy as well.

It doesn’t mean that something caused him to go insane, but something triggered him.

As you mentioned, this can be anything from job loss, relationship issues, death, or other significant hardship.

A normal person doesn’t respond this way, but a sociopathic person with violent tendencies does.

I have a question for those folks who are familiar with this park. So what is down the hill? Is the hill near the bridge? Is the hill where the bodies were ultimately found? Is the hill an isolated area, was he taking them further off the beaten path...?

Down the hill is near the bridge, then a crossing of shallow water where the girls were found, being quite isolated.
The videos accompanying the threads are extremely good, showing the possible routes to the final site.
MOO.

Re: sketch #1 now being thrown out of the equation

I think something (tip? further investigation?) has occurred between Monday's PC and today's announcement that caused LE to eliminate sketch #1. I don't see this latest development as LE messing up the info they release. I think they are getting whatever they need from the public, and are closing in on BG. Plain and simple.

What was today's announcement?? Sorry, I've been working, and frantic to keep up. Thank you!

Didn't they get something like 30,000 tips in the first 6 months? I have never heard how many interviews and subpoenas were issued. Then the information they compiled went to GA for their state police to review it with fresh eyes. Perhaps 2 years isn't all that long to process all the tips and drill down to the really high value ones and realize they were off course. I always thought the super large number of tips was a hindrance not a help. Maybe they have been on a new course for a while now and are just ready to announce it.

I agree - the number of tips generated has been astounding.

Thankfully, the days of stacks of papers and notes aren't stuck away in cardboard boxes on shelves in police departments.

Each word and every key detail from each tip will have been entered into a computer program and can easily be cross-matched - by word or a series of words.

The details from the murder scene, the tips, computer programs, databases, everything will give this investigative team what they need to identify the P.O.I.

I am highly confident that this monster will be arrested soon.

Thank you. I wish we could all discuss his face and stop analyzing his body.
That's what people tend to notice most. When trying to recall what a certain person looks like, it is usually the face you see in your mind.
Anyone who knows this guy would recognize him instantly after seeing the sketch, I would think.
As far as his demeanor is concerned, it's likely that only those closest to him will find it familiar. Imo

When a horrific crime is perpetrated on children you often see LE have a hard time holding it together during press conferences. That is normal; they are human beings and are as upset as anyone would be and that can make speaking to the masses very difficult. However, such emotion so far into an investigation is usually not seen unless an arrest is made.

The amount of emotion the officer displayed in this latest presser tells me something big could be happening with the investigation. A presser for the sole purpose of releasing the new sketch would not have induced such emotion with LE two years into the investigation, imo. There is something happening with the case, imo.
Maybe the added emotion was intentional, and part of the "script". I believe there was deliberate comments/insults which were directed towards BG. Maybe it was suggested that the message be delivered in a manner that showcased authority and anger. Probably reaching here, but if BG is seeking power, and control, it might annoy him to have someone speak to him that way. MOO That being said, it could simply be attributed to the real anger felt due to the nature of the crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyclic8