Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #91

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Delphi Homicide task force clarifies their reason for issuing a new sketch in murder case
The multi-agency taskforce released a statement Wednesday clarifying a few questions about the sketches of the suspect. According to the press release, Indiana State Police initially believed the sketch that was released two years ago of a person in the age range of his 40’s to 50’s was a person of interest in this murder investigation.

Now, as the investigation has matured and past information has been reassessed, the task force believes that the person depicted in the new sketch released on April 22nd more accurately represents the person wanted for the murders of Abigail Williams and Liberty German.

In the press release it states it is important to distinguish these points about the two sketches:

• They are not the same person
• The person depicted in the originally released sketch is not presently a person of interest in this investigation
• The sketch released on April 22nd is representative of the face of the person captured in the video on Liberty German’s cell phone as he was walking on the high bridge
• The person in the sketch released April 22nd is described as having a youthful appearance but could fall in the age range from his 20’s to late 30’s
• This person’s appearance could look different today if he has grown a mustache, beard or let his hair grow longer or cut his hair shorter than depicted in the sketch

I think "The Shack" book and movie have meaning to the killer and possibly "his alibi"( if he has someone covering for him) and LE knows this.....moo

Just jumping off your post. Would this book be in a public library, school library, or church library at the time of the murders?

Delphi Homicide task force clarifies their reason for issuing a new sketch in murder case
The multi-agency taskforce released a statement Wednesday clarifying a few questions about the sketches of the suspect. According to the press release, Indiana State Police initially believed the sketch that was released two years ago of a person in the age range of his 40’s to 50’s was a person of interest in this murder investigation.

Now, as the investigation has matured and past information has been reassessed, the task force believes that the person depicted in the new sketch released on April 22nd more accurately represents the person wanted for the murders of Abigail Williams and Liberty German.

In the press release it states it is important to distinguish these points about the two sketches:

• They are not the same person
• The person depicted in the originally released sketch is not presently a person of interest in this investigation
• The sketch released on April 22nd is representative of the face of the person captured in the video on Liberty German’s cell phone as he was walking on the high bridge
• The person in the sketch released April 22nd is described as having a youthful appearance but could fall in the age range from his 20’s to late 30’s
• This person’s appearance could look different today if he has grown a mustache, beard or let his hair grow longer or cut his hair shorter than depicted in the sketch

How is this possible when the first sketch looks like the man in the video?

I would hope that LE has looked through the last 15 years of senior photos from the Delphi High School? Looking for that face...that chin? (And *no* do not post pics!)

Amateur opinion and speculation

Maybe the added emotion was intentional, and part of the "script". I believe there was deliberate comments/insults which were directed towards BG. Maybe it was suggested that the message be delivered in a manner that showcased authority and anger. Probably reaching here, but if BG is seeking power, and control, it might annoy him to have someone speak to him that way. MOO That being said, it could simply be attributed to the real anger felt due to the nature of the crime.
I think he displayed the emotions because he really felt them....but I think he emphasized being an angry authority figure and emphasized being touched by kindness (like he stated at the beginning).

When he came to the podium and scanned the crowd, I was intimidated myself....and I'm innocent, several states away watching the conference hours after it happened!

I can just imagine how BG must have felt with Carter's eagle eyes looking at the faces.

Well, actually I can't imagine. Was BG feeling sared? Defiant? Angry? Resigned? Triumphant? Righteous? Worried? IDK.

jmo

Maybe the added emotion was intentional, and part of the "script". I believe there was deliberate comments/insults which were directed towards BG. Maybe it was suggested that the message be delivered in a manner that showcased authority and anger. Probably reaching here, but if BG is seeking power, and control, it might annoy him to have someone speak to him that way. MOO That being said, it could simply be attributed to the real anger felt due to the nature of the crime.

Even in the movies police officers hoping to push a suspect’s hot buttons and elicit a response use very intentional delivery tactics, so in real life I’d think the same strategy applies.

Its hard for me to believe that this was BG first time doing this. Pretty brazen to take and kill 2 teenagers. I just don't feel it was random.
It’s unusual that any killer like this, would start by murdering two teenage girls.

I still don’t believe he’s a serial killer though.

I think he’s an exception to the rule.

This is a small community, and they believe that he is from there. We haven’t heard about any link to any other crimes in that area.

He appears to have started big.

I think he’s going to end up being younger than most people expect.

If you Google the area, almost all the men are wearing jeans, big jackets and hats. I think he blends in quite well.

I’m supposing the previous poster meant the outfit was out of character for his usual presentation. As in deliberately wearing “everyman” garb. We become so focused on his clothing that we presume all sorts of things about him, which may or may not be true.

Agreed, that the perp is "disguised" from his usual appearence. I do believe that he is from 35-45 in age. His voice and the PC speaker saying that " he may look younger than his real age" makes me think that they know who he probably is and were "pushing his buttons."...moo

Where I am confused is that I also think they have the person. I am almost sure of it! They know his exact age. His name. His parents. Why the wide age of 18 -40? Why not his age or a very narrow range?

I believe the PC was also appealing to the spouse/family/friend of BG that knows something for sure, or even just might suspect something. The specificity and intentionality used, imho, in the wording, and inflections, and even in Carter's eyes might encourage this spouse/family/friend of BG to come forward. I, too, believe they know who BG is AND they know who the person alibi-ing or ignoring signs or being afraid to come forward is too. I sense the PC was written, as is, to appeal to BOTH of these known people. Moo, of course.

I agree CoreyRocks with your BBM above.
Also your phrase "might encourage this spouse/family/friend of BG to come forward" is something that may occur.
Doug Carter seemed to be emphasizing the above.
Each morning, I am waiting, to read this, after the press conference.:)
MOO.

It’s unusual that any killer like this, would start by murdering two teenage girls.

I still don’t believe he’s a serial killer though.

I think he’s an exception to the rule.

This is a small community, and they believe that he is from there. We haven’t heard about any link to any other crimes in that area.

He appears to have started big.

I think he’s going to end up being younger than most people expect.

Are there any other unsolved murders in Carroll County or the surrounding counties of females? I couldn't really find anything. Does anyone know what the closest similar cold cases in the state are?

How is this possible when the first sketch looks like the man in the video?
Because they're making it up as they go? If there's one thing I've learned following high-profile cases, it's not to attribute to LE sophistication and cunning what is more likely just carelessness or even incompetence. Unfortunately, they make more mistakes than we'd like to think.

Re: sketch #1 now being thrown out of the equation

I think something (tip? further investigation?) has occurred between Monday's PC and today's announcement that caused LE to eliminate sketch #1. I don't see this latest development as LE messing up the info they release. I think they are getting whatever they need from the public, and are closing in on BG. Plain and simple.

I agree, and with great anticipation of justice. I have a feeling we have the suspect by Friday. And that we will be shocked. Fingers crossed.

Great question! Doesn't this "new" sketch cancel out the "definitely not blue eyes" from the first sketch?
I don’t know because I don’t know for sure how they determined reddish brown hair and not blue eyes. But I think it was from an eye witness. Was it from the eye witness that they got the new drawing from, 3 days after the Murders? We need to know what we’re looking for. Jmo

Perhaps I'm the only one, but I I got the impression he was talking about the movie, and then he was talking about the Bible. Because his quote was exactly

" I recently watched a movie called The Shack. And there's also a book that talks so well about evil, about death and about eternity. To the murderer, I believe you have a little bit of conscious left."

I've always just assumed since I heard it when he said there's also a book that talks so well... He was talking about the Bible. Just goes to show everybody interprets things differently.
I thought he was referring to the book that the movie is based on.
Either way, the general idea is the same. He is appealing to the murderer and whoever knows that he is the murderer. Imo

Do we agree that "guys" and "down the hill" are two totally different segments of the video and not said together as a sentence?

My opinion is that is all in the same sentence with possibly one of the girls voices masked where all the scratchiness is.

The reason is it would have taken 5 minutes to seamlessly edit out all that white noise and just edit "guys" in front of "down the hill".

It would have been so seamless that you would have thought it was all from the same short sentence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mzrowdy