Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #94

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first post on this topic, but I too have been trying to catch up.

Looking at the video/stills and listening to the recording, I’m in the camp that can’t imagine him being a young guy. He strikes me as being in his 40s or 50s based on his clothing (which, by the way, strikes me a very blue collar-style) and voice, but we don’t have a whole lot to go on. Could he be in disguise and suffering from laryngitis? Sure, but I’m following Occam’s Razor for now.

I don’t think he expected to be recorded, and I’m not sure he ever figured out that he was recorded, so I’d be surprised if he disguised himself. And if he did, why would he choose such a subtle disguise and not hide his face?

I also can’t see how whatever is on his head could be his hair. It looks distinctly like a hat or a hood to me.

If he saw the girls taking pictures/filming with a phone, he must have been very brazen or very stupid to go after them. I have to wonder what stopped them from calling 911. And how did he know they hadn’t called 911, especially if her phone continued to record?

The only thing I can think of that would stop them from running and/or making an emergency call would be a gun. I’m struck by his casual, confident tone, presumably calling them “guys.” It makes me think he has some sort of familiarity/comfort level with girls their age.

This guy had limited time, and was on a mission.

He’s lucky he wasn’t spotted, as committing a crime like this in broad daylight, is as stupid as it is evil.

It’s hard enough to control and murder two teenage girls, let alone video the thing.

@MassGuy, do you think he was specifically after them, or just any woman?

There is a lot to discuss in the Delphi case with all the very big developments.

We have a very strong rule on Websleuths. Do not ask someone to PM you on a discussion thread. Why? You saw what happens on this thread. The thread was almost taken over by people saying "PM ME PM ME". We couldn't keep up with removing the posts.
If you want someone to PM you then what you do is you PRIVATE MESSAGE THEM FIRST and ask them whatever.

You do not stop the whole discussion and ask someone to PM you.

We will be giving long time-outs to anyone who says they have the information they can only share in PM's or words to that effect.

We call that "baiting" and it makes me crazy. It is so frustrating to try and get things under control when someone recklessly posts a cryptic post creating a frenzy of posts asking to be PM'd.
Please be mindful of our rules.
Thank you,
Tricia

Bringing forward Tricia’s post on the subject of private conversations.

@MassGuy, do you think he was specifically after them, or just any woman?

I could see either.

I’m leaning towards him spotting them walking in, and from that point on, targeting them specifically.

It’s also possible that he was hunting for any female, and happened across them.

I don't understand what the point of signing in is, unless they also had to show i.d., because the killer could just sign a different name - any name and any phone #.
perhaps everybody was given a single sheet of paper to sign in on. Touch dna, fingerprints.
I'm new to this terrible case, and reading to catch up on details, one question; who is being referenced when I see the initials BG?
Bridge guy

But if someone did sign in with a phony name, that would raise a red flag, given that the local population is small. Then they could definitely survey the room of attendees and determine which one it was who did not give a correct name. And that would be great evidence. More so, if he gave his correct name. (They would know most folks, so determining that they gave correct names would be easy.) Just my opinion.

if they know who everyone is, then what's the point of having them sign in?
I just don't get it

I'd like to hear other opinions on this subject, mass or not.

I don’t think he knew them, found out they were going to the park, and targeted them. I suspect that he went to the park looking for prey. I think that at some point he saw them, and singled them out. I don’t have an opinion on whether they were exactly what he was looking for. I hate saying any of this.

if they know who everyone is, then what's the point of having them sign in?
I just don't get it

Probably so they can go back over it later (after the press conference), to see if someone they’ve investigated but haven’t ruled out, showed up.

This will also come in handy in the future, in case a new name surfaces.

His presence at the press conference could add another layer of suspicion.

Something I remember from the Lisa Irwin case is when her mother said something about the house like, I'll never go back to that cursed place. Something that sounded like she associated what happened to her baby with the house being at fault - or like the house made her crazy and led to what happened (insert post-partum psychosis theory). She was never arrested and baby never found. I have a feeling this rationalization is in play here - the time and place and conditions were unique and a mistake and will never converge like that again, so those in denial or covering feel it won't happen again. Just as far as an idea why people who may know who this is aren't coming forward.

I agree with age, religious connection, and history of mental illness. I also think he is tied to the local Delphi community. I hope they do know who he is, and that an arrest is imminent. MOO

Not Allowed

Social media pages that fall in the following categories are OFF LIMITS.

Family members of either a victim or a suspect
Friends of either a victim or a suspect
Most any other individual

Don't link to these pages, nor make reference to information you find on them.

Rules - Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc.

A quote from facebook and subsequent discussion about that information has been removed. Please become familiar with our social media rules and terms of service.

Just bringing another moderator post forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz