Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #94

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Question for law professionals- @gitana1 : on the subject of probable cause- someone mentioned that trash, once discarded on the street, is public property and therefore fair game for DNA retrieval by LE. Is a probably cause warrant required for that DNA to be collected? Someone mentioned the "coffee cup trick". Is obtaining DNA by any means other than with a warrant allowed? Can you really trick someone into giving DNA and use that evidence in court?

Yes. They did this here, and look what they uncovered: :eek:
CA - ARREST in East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer Case

I'd like to hear other opinions on this subject, mass or not.
Moo
Something I remember from the Lisa Irwin case is when her mother said something about the house like, I'll never go back to that cursed place. Something that sounded like she associated what happened to her baby with the house being at fault - or like the house made her crazy and led to what happened (insert post-partum psychosis theory). She was never arrested and baby never found. I have a feeling this rationalization is in play here - the time and place and conditions were unique and a mistake and will never converge like that again, so those in denial or covering feel it won't happen again. Just as far as an idea why people who may know who this is aren't coming forward.
i sooo agree. Earlier I was asked to speculate on this. I gave a long winded answer but you said it better.

<modsnipped quoted post>
Mass shootings are about rage, revenge, and making a statement.

Psychologically, a mass shooter or mass killer in general, is very different from a guy who commits a crime like this.

I don’t think this has anything to do with any groups, and everything to do with one twisted individual.

This was for his own satisfaction.

Last edited by a moderator:
Something I forgot to add to my last post. In regards to him saying "Hey, guys." I took my son with me to Target today (I'm 65 and he's 36), and when we walked in the door the first employee we saw looked at us and said, "Hey, guys! Anything I can help you with?" It took a lot of self-control to just say no thanks without laughing.

For the sake of the girls, and their families, I hope they were not sexually assaulted. Horrible enough that they were killed... I also hope that the perp can’t have sex in the normal way, or has huge problems with it. But some weirdness ending to DNA being left/shed is entirely possible.

I hope so too. And when the killer goes to trial, I hope we learn the deaths were quick and “stuff of nightmares” only refers to the ultimate nightmare of any devoted parent or grandparent, that one day their innocent loving child is murdered by a vile lunatic. Although those three words have been attributed to various sources my own recall was it was a reporter who spoke while attending the very first press conference.

Something I forgot to add to my last post. In regards to him saying "Hey, guys." I took my son with me to Target today (I'm 65 and he's 36), and when we walked in the door the first employee we saw looked at us and said, "Hey, guys! Anything I can help you with?" It took a lot of self-control to just say no thanks without laughing.

HA Did you call the tip line?

But seriously I don't think anything can be discerned from a few snippets of words.

Other than someone who knows the person and recognizing it...MOO

Last edited:
Mass shootings are about rage, revenge, and making a statement.

Psychologically, a mass shooter or mass killer in general, is very different from a guy who commits a crime like this.

I don’t think this has anything to do with any groups, and everything to do with one twisted individual.

This was for his own satisfaction.

I’m not entirely convinced that they are necessarily as different as you appear to think they are. I think we are still learning about the psyche of the mass shooter and it would not surprise me if there is crossover.or more than one type. Especially in murders not sexually motivated. Revenge. Power.

Rest assured that the people of Delphi are going to keep the pressure ON..

I have a question. Feel free to answer or not and I’m not expecting you to offer any details or explanation. But given your association to Delphi, is there other contact with LE beyond what is reported by the media? I guess what I’m curious about to say it another way, do you wait for a reporter to publish a story and therefore your only source of information is the same as those of us who live nowhere nearby?

after watching the PC I thought they knew exactly who he is. I believe they know who his family is and that's how they know the family will be devastated when it all comes out. I would imagine LE may have some ties with the killer's family, however loose, (from living in the same area) and feels compassion and empathy - words he used to ask the public for the same - for them.

You can't help but feel the anguish and sorrow in Doug Carters
voice. This is weighing on him very heavily and who knows it could be because he thinks that he knows who that person is. Perhaps a co-worker, someone that has come to light to him and the two week period is time to give that person some extra rope to hang themselves so to speak.

That’s an intriguing question. There have been a few cryptic statements made by members who have come and gone. (None lately that I’ve noticed.) They were mostly ignored as trolls or attention seekers. I can’t help but recall one member who made some rather intelligent comments about art and the human psyche. His avatar was about mythological demons and young girls. I tried to “follow” him, but he either quit the group or was dismissed. Few others pursued it, so I let it go.

I think it is best to try and put the possibility that BG is reading here out of our minds. If I were him I would be more concerned about what is going on in the Delphi law enforcement office and with the FBI than what we are posting.

I hope so too. And when the killer goes to trial, I hope we learn the deaths were quick and “stuff of nightmares” only refers to the ultimate nightmare of any devoted parent or grandparent, that one day their innocent loving child is murdered by a vile lunatic. Although those three words have been attributed to various sources my own recall was it was a reporter who spoke while attending the very first press conference.
Unfortunately, it was LE recounting what was on the audio/video recording captured by Libby, during the first press conference after the bodies were located.

Yes. They did this here, and look what they uncovered: :eek:
CA - ARREST in East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer Case
Yes, and it took LE quite a while to sort through the familial DNA connections they made. This could very well be what's going on in this case. BTW the Golden State Killer subdued 28 couples! He either raped or murdered in these 28 cases. He had a very short career in LE, but long enough to learn the tactics required overcome 2 people at once.
IMO, BG sounds very comfortable talking to teens..."guys". He has probably inserted himself into a job or sport where he is in contact with his age preference.

I’m not entirely convinced that they are necessarily as different as you appear to think they are. I think we are still learning about the psyche of the mass shooter and it would not surprise me if there is crossover.or more than one type. Especially in murders not sexually motivated. Revenge. Power.

Former FBI agent John Douglas, the author of “Mindhunter,” has written extensively about it.

There are some similarities, but you don’t see mass murderer types, committing crimes like this.

One of my favorite quotes is this:

“A serial killer expects to get away with it, a mass murderer doesn’t, and a spree killer probably hasn’t thought that far ahead.”

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members