Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #94

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is an article from the time of Ives departure, could be completely unrelated, or it could be related. It was an interesting observation by the poster that noticed him being sworn in again.

Carroll County prosecutor decides to step down

Hadn't seen this before, it seems rather troubling. Any time you have these kids of disruptions in public office re LE and/or local prosecutors, it doesn't bode well for solving serious crimes. I don't know if there's any data on the subject, but I'd be willing to guess it's one of the top 3 reasons why cases go cold.

JMO, in these cases, it sounds like the locals need some outside "help", meaning someone else needs to be overseeing this case. It's always difficult when small counties have to deal with major, random murders and abductions where the perps are unknown. Local LE and prosecutors are usually not well prepared for that kind of thing, no matter how many seminars they attend. Local politics and relationships always play a role for better or worse and the public spotlight is also a problem. It's something that needs to be studied and solutions developed.

That sketch was a two year old sketch and the emotion sounded desperate and disappointed that he had to announce two years after the start of the investigation that their main piece of evidence as presented to the public is null.
I'm sure they are disappointed. I don't think they are desperate, though.
Since they believe the killer is hiding in plain sight, and there is a possibility they may have interviewed him, maybe the suspect decieved them or mislead the investigation in some way.
Carter appeared to be more angry than desperate, and that could explain why. Especially if this guy is in a position of authority, and is supposed to help or protect people, not brutally kill helpless children. Imo

I might also suggest you send this information in to the tip line for their use.
Don't forget that they have said they do NOT want investigative tips.
Just don't want anybody to spend a lot of time on something they have asked people not to do. I'm sure they have access to the best technology, anyway. Imo

p
I am trying to keep faith that they have a Suspect in mind. I would hate to think it's back to basically "square one". Heartbreaking thought.

I was thinking about the sketch and car. I am in awe that someone can remember enough about a person or veh they come across momentarily and are able to give a description. I am not sure I would be able too.
I'm still baffled at 2 diff. sketches. I think that's what was meant by "changing direction" comment at the PC. imo they were letting the killer know they have his face. He has prob been very relieved these past two years with the original.

MOO the police have been eliminating POI's one after the other.
Every elimination is a small step toward the right individual.

Last edited:
This is detrimental to the investigation. The tip line is not for tips on investigative technique, it is for information that may be relevant to the suspect or the crime.

Agreed They are well aware of what can and cannot be extracted from the video.

I think many would be shocked at what the uncleaned up original version was that they originally had to work from!

They have had the best of the best from the digital forensics community work on these images!

What isn't there simply isn't there!

No matter what you do to make those images appear clearer is likely only making something seen that is simply not accurate.

This is a perfect example of a pointless and an unhelpful tip to LE!

Last edited:
While we may not know who BG is, he knows. And, he knows that LE is coming for him any minute. It could be today, tonight or at 3am - storming into his home, stoking fear and panic into the hearts of everyone in his home and then marching him in front of cameras and exposing him and his family to public scrutiny.

They may nab him at work, in front of all the people he works with.

They may nab him as he leaves church in front of the entire congregation.

They may just stop him as he drives, or at the grocery store, the service station, the ice cream shop.

He can no longer feel anonymous and his freedom of movement has been changed. He can't be sleeping well. He can't be functioning well. He must be under stress and acting weird. He doesn't want to be caught. He is looking over his shoulder, pacing the floor at night, afraid to be seen in public.

He is devolving and someone is seeing it.

He may be a sociopath and not care about anyone else, but he cares a great deal about himself. He is sweating bullets now. Believe it.

This is detrimental to the investigation. The tip line is not for tips on investigative technique, it is for information that may be relevant to the suspect or the crime.
I'm afraid I disagree. LE often appreciate help in areas were they may not have the expertise to zero in on something in particular. They are often also not computer geniuses like so many of the young and upcoming techies! They have even involved the public in helping them with cyber crimes for that very reason.

I am looking for the quote from RL who said his kids and their friends or just kids in general used to camp, hunt, fish and pretty much spend the whole days in that Monon High Bridge Trail. He said the kids had wonderful times in those woods and there were never any problems like what had happened to the girls.

I am wondering if any of those kids grew up to become BG. Whoever those kids were, they would have had intricate knowledge of that park and, apparently the hunting strategy and skills necessary to successfully accomplish what BG did. He patiently watched and waited, imo, for just the right moment and then cut the girls off from everyone else in the park and further isolated them from any area of safety or escape. It's too much like a deer hunt, (or rabbit hunt, imo,) to be anything else except, of course, he's a killer of little girls.
Please let the day come when a door to a cage slams shut for life on his sorry, worthless soul. And, please soon.

A serious note to add: I don't now nor did I ever suspect RL or anyone he is associated with. I consider him a victim in more ways than one.

Last edited:
Did we ever get an appx. height or weight of suspect in videos?
I think that's quite hard to figure out. Many have speculated that he was wearing carpenter jeans, which create a bulky look.
MGW40SB-HERO

IMO this man wore the heavy, bulky clothes as to make him look like an older man, when he is actually somewhere between 18-30.

I'm afraid I disagree. LE often appreciate help in areas were they may not have the expertise to zero in on something in particular. They are often also not computer geniuses like so many of the young and upcoming techies! They have even involved the public in helping them with cyber crimes for that very reason.

You have a fundamental misunderstanding of law enforcement capabilities.

Yes, I remember someone stated (without reference link) that The Shack was screened at “the last” youth group movie night at a local church (can’t remember which one they specified). Perhaps we can find this information on one of the church websites.

ETA Thread #90, page 22So, I'm unaware of it's been mentioned on here or not, but the date the movie The Shack was released coincides with the very same date that the Delphi United Methodist Church had their final movie night.

Thank you very much, Sipes, for doing my homework for me. :) I was sure I had read that and the ensuing related comments, but couldn't find it again. (Thanks to the ever present 2 and 4 year old boys hanging off me.)

You have a fundamental misunderstanding of law enforcement capabilities.
Here’s the problem:- if this is truly an utterly random, opportunistic murder and there’s no other evidence, he’s got away with it. Until he kills again.

If it’s targeted, then connections are shielding the murderer and we all hope they do the right thing.

What a mess.

I respectfully strongly disagree

There are multiple agencies involved in this investigation.

Most specifically the FBI who have specialized units whose entire jobs are analyzing and enhancing images and video.

They know what they are doing and are specially trained to do these things.

Ask any digital expert and they will tell you in any image its limited by the amount of pixels in the original

They just can't be pulled out of thin air and added to the image

what isn't there isn't there

they know what they are doing and are specifically trained at doing it

they don't need the public's help in how to analyze and process images

Last edited:
Wondering how it came to be that the one guy (first sketch) was cleared at the same time new image was decided upon. As in, why two years to clear original BG? Is he a witness who solidfied their belief in sketch two? Or what...seems odd that both things happened at once, as if the first guy had been cleared sooner, surely LE would have said? Removed his image from circulation?

Here’s the problem:- if this is truly an utterly random, opportunistic murder and there’s no other evidence, he’s got away with it. Until he kills again.

If it’s targeted, then connections are shielding the murderer and we all hope they do the right thing.

What a mess.

MOO you are right, if there is no evidence they get away.
In this case the police have stated that there is plenty of evidence to convict, they need to find the person. A corrected sketch may be the key to finally getting that person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelpingHandz