Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #94

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My thinking is very much in line with yours, as I believe BG is in his early 20s, possibly a seminary student (educated and well spoken), and that there is a religous connection to Delphi. A twist on your theory that I'd like to offer is that BG might be struggling with his own sexuality. Perhaps he is gay and is hiding that from his family, friends, and church. I would think in a small town that people are less accepting than in larger cities. And, although certain religions accept homosexuality they ascertain that it is incompatible with Christian teaching. Here is the position statement of the United Methodist Church (one mentioned on this forum many times that Libby's family has a connection to):

Regarding the ministry of the ordained

• ¶ 304.3: The practice of homosexuality is incompatible with Christian teaching. Therefore self-avowed practicing homosexuals are not to be certified as candidates, ordained as ministers, or appointed to serve in The United Methodist Church.
Perhaps the incongurency of who he really is on the 'inside', and who he is pretending to be on the 'outside' led to some type of mental break on the day he murdered Abby & Libby.

Very interesting. Teenagers even more often struggle with bisexuality, and these conservative families don’t help at all. JMO.

Could it have been misplaced anger then? Two girls taking selfies, some of them might show them hugging, like friends often do... maybe this raised his anger?

Most of what was said in PC sounded like basic profiling stuff to me...saying what they think a suspect may be feeling, how he might be following the case, how he has people who might know or suspect, etc...none of it pointed to knowing who suspect is to me. I really don’t think they would have even had a PC if not for the introduction of the new sketch...they were forced to show that, retract the prior one. Jmo
Doug Carter said, "We're just getting started." To me, that suggests they're not close to solving this case. That he released more audio, after adamantly refusing to release more audio, suggests the same thing. They've even tipped their hand, revealing that they believe the killer is familiar with Delphi. In other words, the lack of progress in this case has made them rethink their strategy. It looks like they're starting over. Carter, however, puts a different spin on it: "For more than two years you never thought we would shift gears to a different investigative strategy, but we have." I have no idea what this means. Does he think the killer thinks, because LE has gotten nowhere, they're just going to quit? "Ha!" Carter exclaims. "Think again!"

Bullseye.
What horrific and permanent shame this Perp will be exacting on his family. They will be shamed forever. As I said upthread, the only thing left for him to do is to turn himself in to avoid putting his family through the added trauma of a raid. At this point, he is just delaying the inevitable. They *are* coming for him. He should spare his family the additional trauma and turn himself in now.
And yeah, I agree someone in his family knows. Maybe they just don't know what to do. They can make an anonymous call to law enforcement and ask for guidance.

Amateur opinion and speculation.

I would not be surprised if when an arrest of the killer is finally made, a couple other people aren’t also arrested for lying to police and obstruction of justice.

Doug Carter said, "We're just getting started." To me, that suggests they're not close to solving this case. That he released more audio, after adamantly refusing to release more audio, suggests the same thing. They've even tipped their hand, revealing that they believe the killer is familiar with Delphi. In other words, the lack of progress in this case has made them rethink their strategy. It looks like they're starting over. Carter, however, puts a different spin on it: "For more than two years you never thought we would shift gears to a different investigative strategy, but we have." I have no idea what this means. Does he think the killer thinks, because LE has gotten nowhere, they're just going to quit? "Ha!" Carter exclaims. "Think again!"
That's my take as well. It's a positive spin of a bad situation. They have worked hard on it, and are frustrated obviously.

Very interesting. Teenagers even more often struggle with bisexuality, and these conservative families don’t help at all. JMO.

Could it have been misplaced anger then? Two girls taking selfies, some of them might show them hugging, like friends often do... maybe this raised his anger?

Or maybe he was around the girls age, (puberty), when he really discovered he was gay. Unacceptable to those around him. He now has a rage against girls that age because they have destroyed his life - not being able to feel for them. I wonder if the girls were abused, but not raped.

Jmo, it would be an enormous waste of public funds to start tip-taking all over again in force, if they know who they are after. And why show an image at all, in that case? Why not focus on the individuals you believe are closest to this man? They could have retracted the original image, and left it at that, if they know who this man is.

Regarding steroids (prednisone, not the weight lifter kind), while I don’t see any sensible reason to consider them, they can make you hostile and moody. I’ve been on them many times. The time I was on them for months I was a raging lunatic. They gave me insomnia, mood swings, low blood sugar, and rage. I was truly temporarily insane.

You make an interesting point. In my own experience I have been targeted for not being the majority religion in my school, and teens/young adults who are a part of the majority can be very cruel. If BG had severe mental illness coupled with self esteem issues + religious doctrine, it could very well lead to an unspeakable act. Seeing others happy would make him angry and especially so if he assumed that they were gay. JMO.
Edit: Took out terms that don't correlate with the discussion.

Last edited:

Hard to believe that with input from FBI and other LE organizations pretty much from day one that they would literally state they are "just getting started" after 2 years of investigating. Perhaps tunnel vision came into play early on. I think something happened recently that made them change their minds and go back over info from the early days. The anguish during the PC may be because someone had provided good info on a possible suspect and it was brushed off.

I also think BG looks bulked up in the video/photo because he's wearing something similar to a flak jacket underneath his coat. MOO

Found on a victim, yes. Found in a random place in public, not so much.

Exactly there are always many factors that come into play regarding DNA

The quality and type of the sample found

Specifically what it was located on

And weather or not there is a reasonable explanation for it to be there

It more times than not takes much more than DNA to secure a conviction

I believe they have dna in this case

I hesitate to say it is of a definitive nature

And weather it may actually be specifically tied to the crime scene

JMO

You know, this new video is helpful to me. With the stills it did seem it could be smoke. The video shows it’s stable, and ropelike, that twirl of ribbon under his neck.

If we assume he is somewhat organized, but has disorganized features, it might make sense it is some kind a ligature. IMO.

I have always said imo this is rope.

Jmo, it would be an enormous waste of public funds to start tip-taking all over again in force, if they know who they are after. And why show an image at all, in that case? Why not focus on the individuals you believe are closest to this man? They could have retracted the original image, and left it at that, if they know who this man is.

One likely reason is they still need to hear from people that can help rule someone in or out.

I think they have some prospects and likely a few they are more closely focused on

JMO

Edited spelling

Last edited:
Also, I quite honestly do not understand LE's motives in regards to this case. They just now, 2 years later, released the video of the still photo and BG saying an extra word. Why wouldn't they release as much as possible within those first few days/weeks/months so that others can identify him? The longer this drags on the harder it will be to catch him.
I get that they are a small town and likely do not have much experience with murder cases, but that seems like common sense. JMO, if anyone has explanation for my questions I would love to hear them, especially from someone within the field of LE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tkm0284