Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #94

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I loved the “just getting started” line.

I think it’s a message designed to rattle the killer.

They did a few things to this effect.

Basically, “you think you’ve gotten away with this, but the investigation is only just beginning. We have a new strategy.”

They’re coming for him now, and his days are numbered.
I 100% agree, I viewed it along the lines of: Do we have your attention now? This is only the tip of the iceberg!!

Hi gitana1! Thanks Poster”No it's not”. You are were fast and found exactly the right video.

Gosh it took me 4ever to remember the format to display a YouTube Video using Webseluths Text Editor.

I hope this comment doesn’t appear 99 posts later in the thread and people will be going,:eek:”What random thing is she talking about?”

Ha ha!!

I didn't take it as they're starting over again, but more as you (perp) have no idea how aggressive we're going to be with what we now know. Carter was pretty aggressive and he's just winding up. imo
Yes, I'm hoping it means that they are just starting to focus on the new direction which will lead them to the killer.
I don't know if they have new evidence, stronger evidence, or are using a different method but I hope it leads to something soon. Imo

Gah, had to step away from this for a day. It was just taking over my life during the day and in my sleep!!

Who the heck does he think he is feeling so entitled to take two young girls lives to fulfill some deranged fantasy. That his wants are so much more important than the lives of these girl, their family, their friends and their community.

SICK!!!

I can’t wait for that day we are all waiting for. This sicko deserves the harshest penalty and the worst treatment possible once behind bars. I can’t imagine life is going to be to good in the bowels of the prison system! I hope he’s reading this!!

Back to sleuthing.....

Her cause of death was released AFTER Casey was arrested.

Withholding this much info is absolutely the norm. Withholding cause of death is undoubtedly the norm before an arrest. It's a huge part of how they can verify he veracity of a confession or I ruminating statement.

And every single case, people start screaming about how the authorities need to release their info to the public because we can do better. And every time someone like me has to respond about why releasing details like cause of death would destroy an investigation. But here it is from the horses' mouth:

Why Has Cause of Death Not Been Released in Libby German and Abby Williams’ Murder?
And perhaps most intriguingly, though autopsies were conductedon both girls, neither police nor FBI have released the cause or time of death for German or Williams. They also have not confirmed whether DNA evidence was found at the scene.

When asked why police have held back these details on such a high-profile case, Indiana State Police First Sgt. Jerry Holeman tells A&E Real Crime that it is standard protocol for his officers to keep mum on those issues during ongoing investigations.

“Speaking on behalf of state police, we don’t ever release information about ongoing investigations,” Holeman says. “In this case, we gave out audio and photo evidence from [German’s] video to help locate [the perpetrator]. We do that so when we get key evidence, only the killer or killers know the cause of death. We don’t release it to the media because then everyone and their brother would know, and it’s common to get false confessions from mentally disturbed people. So we’re trying to keep the details close to our vests.”

Why Police Have Not Released Details on the Murders of Libby German and Abby Williams from Delphi, Indiana
Caylee's C.O.D was never concluded, but they did release the C.R. They released tons of info on that case, but it's just an example. LE releases what information they think is important or just to inform the public in high profile cases. Like I said its common to withhold evidence, but not to the degree they have.

The lack of their noted presence at the recent press conference, for one thing. Maybe they were there but deliberately to the background? I am truly curious about the relationships between local LE, State Police, and the FBI.
They are acting purely in a supporting role, they don’t have the lead here.

This is common when local and state authorities request assistance.

I think (?) I see what you are pointing out Boro. My kindle is throwing fits today, and won't let me zoom in close enough to determine the color of the vehicle. Is it white, beige, light blue? I'm just not sure.
I thought it looked like a square shaped puddle of water. If it's the one from the helicopter video. Imo

I would definitely stay vigilant if I was a local. If the killer is in college. Classes are out for summer in approx. two weeks. No evidence the two girls were targeted vs a random crime of opportunity. So, he could strike again.
Any missing persons/sexual assault/assault crimes in neighboring cities? In about 20-30 minutes radius in the past five years?

I have found one near Purdue University that made me question if it may be related?

Mann said his girlfriend parked her car around 2 a.m. Friday on South Salisbury Street near the East Williams Street intersection, which was farther down from their apartment than where she usually parks......

She got out of her car and when she started walking, a man immediately grabbed her by her arms and put his hand over her mouth, Mann said. He told her to stay quiet and not to make any noise. He then allegedly started to drag her toward a dumpster near a wooded area.....

The other friend was parked on a back street near the bars in Chauncey Village to pick up his girlfriend when he saw a man wearing all black with a hood and ski mask and acting "weird," Mann said. He hopped out of his car and scared the man away.

Woman says she was grabbed and dragged by a masked man near Purdue University campus

The unidentified BG is a murderer and a hunter of the innocent. He is a wolf in sheep’s clothing, as a metaphor. He has nice enough clothes and physical ability. He came to the bridge, did the unthinkable and got away.

Trying to slow down and think about it.

He could be following the case at the very least, if not directly inserting himself into it, possibly here at WS and anywhere else wheels are turning and talking about HIM.

I can't shake the feeling that we weren't supposed to know that the newly released sketch was actually old. I think that was a big woops and lack of communication to the artist to keep that on the down low. We were all under the impression it was NEW and then BOOM we were shocked to find it was not, remember?

Seems like they maybe hoped it would also shake up BG thinking someone new had come along and provided some significant testimony including a sparkly, new sketch.

MOO JMO

This!! I’ve been meaning to watch the press conference to see how the second sketch was presented to us the public. I was shocked when the next day I saw that the artist said he drew it a couple of days after the murders. Maybe this isn’t the case (a mistake) and we just assumed it was new because it was “new” to us. I but feel the same way as you! MOO

Caylee's C.O.D was never concluded, but they did release the C.R. They released tons of info on that case, but it's just an example. LE releases what information they think is important or just to inform the public in high profile cases. Like I said its common to withhold evidence, but not to the degree they have.

In the case of the Anthonys, that was Florida. I believe Florida has laws to require the release of quite a bit of info, sooner than most police departments would want to.

This!! I’ve been meaning to watch the press conference to see how the second sketch was presented to us the public. I was shocked when the next day I saw that the artist said he drew it a couple of days after the murders. Maybe this isn’t the case (a mistake) and we just assumed it was new because it was “new” to us. I but feel the same way as you! MOO
The second sketch was presented this way:
"During the course of this investigation we have concluded the first sketch released will become secondary as of today. The result of the new information and intelligence over time leads us to believe the sketch which you will see shortly is the person responsible for the murders of these two little girls. We also believe this person is from Delphi. Currently or has previously lived here, visits Delphi on a regular basis or works here. We believe this person is currently between the age range of 18 and 40 but might appear younger than its true age."

I was listening to the ISP video they released this week with the new audio of BG's voice. When he says "guys" [or at least what sounds like guys] it seems to be pronounced "guise" or "gise" almost like there is a slight lisp. If the shape of his face is right in the second sketch they just released, I think he will have teeth that could benefit from orthodontia. Maybe an "overjet" where the front teeth stick out over the bottom teeth creating the "sss" sound at the end of "guys." What do others think?
If that is what you hear it would be more like a Chicago accent....

In the case of the Anthonys, that was Florida. I believe Florida has laws to require the release of quite a bit of info, sooner than most police departments would want to.
But there are other instances too like the West Memphis Murders, a lot of high profile cases, especially those that are more or less cold cases will release some kind of info even if it's vague.

This investigation is very frustrating. I am also wondering about federal level oversight and coordination. The FBI for example seems less involved in these murders than they have been in other child killings. Do they have to be invited in?

RSBM. The FBI was there almost immediately for the search (a local field office agent IIRC). Then the first big PC when they released the audio and video they were there and spoke (Agent Massa (sp?). There was mention the case details were sent to the top, the Director in D.C. Then last year the Georgia Bureau and some other FBI offices were asked to take a look. The case has had a lot of FBI exposure & participation, but last I read there were just a couple agents working on the case? Unless I missed it, it would've been nice to see at least one FBI agent at the latest PC. For a show of power, intimidation, and to send the message 'the Feds are still looking for you too'.

[
I agree. But I've also entertained the theory that perhaps "just getting started" is another cryptic message just to the killer, if they have an idea who he is. For example, I could see someone using this as a Beach Body/Isagenix/Plexus type business slogan on social media. Or any kind of business startup. No, I do not have anyone in mind, I was just theorizing about where a specific phrase like that would be used/repeated by someone....

Aha! A really big clue to the murderer, LE knows who he is and his last name is Started.

“We’re just getting Started”

(Ignore me please.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads