Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #94

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am kind of thinking that he is the son of a prominent family in the religious community who is struggling with being gay as his family wouldn't approve. I also think he was probably popular and an athlete in high school who once he left home started exploring both with sexuality and beliefs but when he comes home has to be the good son. He acted out of his self anger that he can't be who he is and be what his family wants and expects of him.
I respectfully disagree. I think he is a hetero pervert that acted out his sick fantasies.

You are a doll!!!!! But I was actually referring to a video that aired before the bodies were found. Do you recall that one? You might have posted that as well. It was of two young men in the dark or at dusk talking about searching for the girls.

Hi gitana1! Thanks Poster”No it's not”. You are were fast and found exactly the right video.

Gosh it took me 4ever to remember the format to display a YouTube Video using Webseluths Text Editor.

I hope this comment doesn’t appear 99 posts later in the thread and people will be going,:eek:”What random thing is she talking about?”

Hi all,
Have followed this case closely for 2 years but haven’t posted much.
My humble opinion is 100% today that LE knows who the killer is. I feel no doubt whatsoever. Just my opinion.
My question is... if, hypothetically... LE knows who the killer is and knew at the press conference... why the press conference? Do they need more to convict? Do they want a confession so it’s an easier case to prosecute? Do they want the killer to sweat it out? Is it as simple as that? If they do indeed have DNA, wouldn’t a match prove the case? I know it’s been discussed but would love to hear some more thoughts on this.
My opinion is... something happened to point them in a different direction that began with the car parked at the abandoned building. That led to reviewing other sketches. But the biggest thing I cannot quite figure out is if indeed they know who it is (which I am certain of, IMO) why the press conference? Why isn’t he under arrest?

IMO, LE wants that new sketch in public view. The PC did accomplish a few things:

* New face of POI, discard old one. (huge for the public, media to know)
* Those that are close to BG, maybe in the past, discounted their suspicions because old sketch did not resemble said person.
* LE got a chance to "speak" to BG. (you want to know what we know? Not today)

It’s so hard watching that video, listening to Abby’s Mom and Libby’s grandfather knowing the outcome.
My prayers go out to them, and to LE for the strength required to bring this Perp in. Stay strong, we’re with you.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I felt the same way. They were worried but hopeful. We know that when this was videoed, the girls were already gone. Heartbreaking to watch that.

We are starting to get some complicated theories on the Perp!

I think he is straightforward. Malfunctioning Brain, and stuck in compulsive predator mode. Impulse control governor doesn’t work, and his mind just loops on his compulsions until he acts.

I hope there will be non-invasive medical tests on his brain when he is captured so we can learn more, and hopefully identify The signs of dangerous predators early on during developmental years.

Also, looking at posts from a year ago, I followed a link to a news article that one of the fathers stated that when the girls didn’t show up for him to pick them up, he did a brief search and came across a guy walking from bridge. Father asked man if he had seen two young girls when the man said he had not.
I had never read that prior to today.

Whoa! Can you link that?

Good thinking but i don't see innocent people deserve to be dragged into the mud.
Yes, restraint is prudent when horrific crimes like this occur. It’s important for people to stay calm and orderly and let LE do their thing. Upset masses of people can turn in to mobs in an instant.
Restraint.

Also, looking at posts from a year ago, I followed a link to a news article that one of the fathers stated that when the girls didn’t show up for him to pick them up, he did a brief search and came across a guy walking from bridge. Father asked man if he had seen two young girls when the man said he had not.
I had never read that prior to today.
Yes. And that he was wearing a plaid shirt.

Yes, restraint is prudent when horrific crimes like this occur. It’s important for people to stay calm and orderly and let LE do their thing. Upset masses of people can turn in to mobs in an instant.
Restraint.

I totally agree.

Unfortunately, that’s not what happens in general, nor is that what is happening here.

People are being accused on social media, based solely on their resemblance to an image.

It’s really unproductive, not to mention unfair.

I'm not missing it... I just considered this very issue and, respectfully came to a different conclusion than you did. I think whatever caused the change in direction was not known to LE at the time of the February press conference. Jmo.

I think we are actually agreeing ;)
there was NO hint of this 'change in direction' & the original sketch (old) released was still being show in the February 2019 press conference

This investigation is very frustrating. I am also wondering about federal level oversight and coordination. The FBI for example seems less involved in these murders than they have been in other child killings. Do they have to be invited in?

I take the ‘new direction’ and ‘just starting’ comments to refer not only to the recent sketch but to the profile of the murderer they are working with and especially overcoming LE’s own denial of evil in their daily midst. Of course this guy is local, of course he is hiding in plain sight, they have interviewed him (or someone he knows) and of course someone knows who he is. But IMO the possible suspects they have been pursuing for 2 years are known or recently discovered sex offenders, men with police records, obvious connections to other murders, the landowner, etc. Their blinders are coming off and they are telling this to the murderer; the German and Williams families; the Delphi community; the world.

It is frustrating that it has taken 2 years to get here, but better late than never.

What makes you think the FBI are less involved? They've been investigating for two years according to Carter.

Hard to believe that with input from FBI and other LE organizations pretty much from day one that they would literally state they are "just getting started" after 2 years of investigating. Perhaps tunnel vision came into play early on. I think something happened recently that made them change their minds and go back over info from the early days. The anguish during the PC may be because someone had provided good info on a possible suspect and it was brushed off.

I also think BG looks bulked up in the video/photo because he's wearing something similar to a flak jacket underneath his coat. MOO

I have thought about the "just getting started" statement quite a bit. And, to be honest, I have mixed feelings about its meaning.

Are they truly going back to square one and "just getting started" all over again?
-OR-
Has a recent tip come in regarding an individual (that no one would ever expect to commit such a heinous act), who had been previously cleared for some reason? Perhaps LE is "just getting started" in preparing a jail cell for him? (Fingers crossed).

Restraint.

Murders are horrible, but i cannot imagine the terrible consequences innocent peoples reputation and lives are tarnished just because now the focus is on the "good" people, and the tide has turned because nothing else left to look. If 10 obvious things don't add up to a dog, 99.999% chance that isn't one .... ask why we are now looking for abandoned truck, two years later? Sigh.

Murders are horrible, but i cannot imagine the terrible consequences innocent peoples reputation and lives are tarnished just because now the focus is on the "good" people, and the tide has turned because nothing else left to look. If 10 obvious things don't add up to a dog, 99.999% chance that isn't one .... ask why we are now looking for abandoned truck, two years later? Sigh.
The color, make and model of the vehicle wasn't named on Monday, was it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbieJ