Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #95

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone recall LE stating during one of their fairly early press conferences they’d been voluntarily contacted by everyone who they wanted to talk to, who was on the trail that afternoon, except for the suspect on the bridge in Libby’s video?

I’ve searched and searched but found nothing. I don’t know if I’m remembering or dreaming it.

I remember what you are saying there was some discussion about the fact original sketch man hadn’t come forward. I can’t remember which press conference though.

Ha! I absolutely love this.

Unfortunately, that’s not what happens in high profile cases like this.

For every solid, specific tip, there are hundreds of worthless ones.

It’s a good thing I’m not manning the phones, because I’d have things to say to these people...

High profile and a sizeable reward to boot! To some, calling in tips is probably like a chance at winning a lottery with a free ticket.

They wouldn’t want me manning the phones either.

Does anyone recall LE stating during one of their fairly early press conferences they’d been voluntarily contacted by everyone who they wanted to talk to, who was on the trail that afternoon, except for the suspect on the bridge in Libby’s video?

I’ve searched and searched but found nothing. I don’t know if I’m remembering or dreaming it.

Yup. I remember that. I can't remember which officer said it though.

Ha! I absolutely love this.

Unfortunately, that’s not what happens in high profile cases like this.

For every solid, specific tip, there are hundreds of worthless ones.

It’s a good thing I’m not manning the phones, because I’d have things to say to these people...

What you mean you wouldn't have patience for someone who starts off by saying I saw a person that looks like BG on Facebook .............dialtone

Last edited:
I remember what you are saying there was some discussion about the fact original sketch man hadn’t come forward. I can’t remember which press conference though.

That’s good you remember it. If I could figure out when it was said, it’d narrow down the date. So it could be when the first sketch was released. Thanks, I’ll keep looking.

Just a thought. Did you check the press conference when they released the OBG sketch? July 2017?

But I think it Was mentioned that all people known to be at bridge were Id’d except BG (moo cause I don’t have any links for that )
:rolleyes:

Changes in appearance ….. increased substance abuse ….. noticeable remorse/agitation

There could be someone who recognizes these post-offense changes in behavior in their spouse, friend, relative, et al., but they have no knowledge of the murders.

I agree with your points. Also, the video was shot from so far away (the reason it is so grainy) while BG was looking down at the railroad ties a good bit of the time, that he may not have noticed the phone. I don't believe it's been released to the public at what point in BG's approach LG put the phone out of sight. I think it may be possible that he didn't see it, or as you said, he forgot about it. "Out of sight, out of mind." MOO.

Another thought is that if somehow the cell phone ended up in the water, even if he did know there was a phone he may have been unable to retrieve it. Shortly after 3 PM that day, family members were looking for them, and if I'm remembering correctly they were calling out the girl's names. He probably wanted to get out of any area where he could have been seen. Standing in water he would have been more likely to be spotted than hiding behind trees or running away.

Yeah, my guess is running away like a true coward. A pathetic, evil, sick coward.

What you mean you wouldn't have patience for someone who starts of by saying I saw a person that looks like BG on Facebook .............dialtone

Or photos in the media, arrests in other counties or states. LE must get 1000s of tips relating to that as well. That’d be a sad state of affairs if LE has to wait for the media to publish the news first, to learn if other arrests are of interest.

Just a thought. Did you check the press conference when they released the OBG sketch? July 2017?

But I think it Was mentioned that all people known to be at bridge were Id’d except BG (moo cause I don’t have any links for that )
:rolleyes:

I’ll check out that one for sure. Thank you!

Betty, to your point, LE considered Danny Heinrich, who killed Jacob Wetterling, an annoying, weird, but relatively harmless nuisance for years. In that case, LE missed so many clues that would have led them to Danny Heinrich as Jacob's killer. Instead, Heinrich flew under the radar for 26 years.

I don't liken Abby and Libby's case to Jacob's. Although we don't have an arrest yet, I believe LE will figure out who murdered Abby and Libby in the near future.

Why law enforcement didn't see that Danny Heinrich killed Jacob Wetterling | Missing a Murderer | APM Reports

I agree, Abby & Libby's killer is probably not like Jacob's. The point I was trying to make, though, is that LE can miss or overlook a lot of critical information about possible suspects who are committing precursor crimes in surrounding areas.
It's about overlooking or not seeing who the local serious perverts are who are hiding in their midst.

Abby and Libby's killer is probably still out there, in Delphi or one of the surrounding towns or cities and he's been overlooked, even though he's probably known to LE. It's a guy who, for some reason, local LE hasn't taken seriously, who has committed some serious precursor crimes that they've overlooked or written off as not being that serious.

Remember, Danny Heinrich had been raping and molesting boys. They reported it to police, but for some reason, LE didn't take it seriously. Big mistake. JMO, the same thing has happened with Abby & Libby's killer. He's not been taken seriously.

To be fair, it does sound like LE in Delphi did go back to review their files and lists again and perhaps decided to take a closer look at some of the people they originally dismissed. If they haven't done that yet, they should consider it.

Pretty sure that it's not a car. Here is a higher definition pic of the area. What's interesting though are the clear tire tracks. Evidence?

And just for reference the only truck pictured in the driveway and in any of the footage that day is of an equipment truck with a hoist. Likely used to carry and place police barricades.
wthr_0215-jpg.181640

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member