Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #95

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive watched a handful of interviews with Becky over the weekend and the one thing that stands out to me is in every interview she describes the series of events of that day. She always states that when Derick gets to the trailhead he runs into a guy. In some interviews she goes into greater details than others about the guys description. In one interview she said Derick said it was an older guy. In another interview she gave the detail that he was wearing a flannel shirt.

She said in a few of the interviews that Derrick asked this guy if he had seen two girls, he said he had not but he did see a couple by the water. At that time Derrick takes the trial that goes down to the water, see’s nothing and heads back to the trail head. He than takes the trail in the direction of the Freedom Bridge. Becky states that Derrick runs into that guy again...

If i look at the timeline I can’t help but think that this guy is pretty suspect. I mean now that LE is talking about a vehicle at that social service building wouldn’t that be in the same direction as this trail that Derrick runs into this guy again? Towards the Freedom Bridge?

A man hiking on a public trail is suspect?

Ive watched a handful of interviews with Becky over the weekend and the one thing that stands out to me is in every interview she describes the series of events of that day. She always states that when Derick gets to the trailhead he runs into a guy. In some interviews she goes into greater details than others about the guys description. In one interview she said Derick said it was an older guy. In another interview she gave the detail that he was wearing a flannel shirt.

She said in a few of the interviews that Derrick asked this guy if he had seen two girls, he said he had not but he did see a couple by the water. At that time Derrick takes the trial that goes down to the water, see’s nothing and heads back to the trail head. He than takes the trail in the direction of the Freedom Bridge. Becky states that Derrick runs into that guy again...

If i look at the timeline I can’t help but think that this guy is pretty suspect. I mean now that LE is talking about a vehicle at that social service building wouldn’t that be in the same direction as this trail that Derrick runs into this guy again? Towards the Freedom Bridge?

I think its highly likely that a few people ran into BG on the trail that day. I just wish one would have recognized him by name.

This is another reason why I don't believe this perp is going to be someone that is a well known public figure.

JMO

Can you link re: LE has the car? I'm not aware of that.

It’s confusing because early media reports incorrectly indicated the vehicle was abandoned.

But you’re right, LE has never said whether they have the vehicle or not or anything other than they want to speak to the driver of it,

I have a feeling they might indeed have possession of it now and that’s the recent development in the case, plus I wonder if it was either stolen or never registered by the prior owner, but just my opinion.

Last edited:
sorry sunset but google maps won't show you the exact day we are talking about hun!;)

Except she showed stills from the actual videos also and the object in the videos is also present in google maps.

There is no vehicle parked there in any of the videos that have been shown.

The only vehicle that is shown is an equipment truck that contains barricades that LE are using to close down the public road and set up a mobile command

Except she showed stills from the actual videos also and the object in the videos is also present in google maps.

There is no vehicle parked there in any of the videos that have been shown.

The only vehicle that is shown is an equipment truck that contains barricades that LE are using to close down the public road and set up a mobile command
i posted the abc news copter video day of search is what i was referring to. not the next day.

LE has the vehicle, so they got quite a bit of information from the tags, registration, and possibly some evidence from inside it.

I think what they are searching/asking for now, is more detailed info from a person or persons who may have witnessed any activity involving the vehicle that day, e.g.:
  1. Arrival - Did you see the vehicle actually being driven? What time? What direction was it travelling in, or from direction did it turn off the road into the parking lot? Did you see the driver? Did you see the driver exit the vehicle? What did he/she do after exiting? Retrieve items from it? Walk away? In what direction? Were there any passengers in the vehicle? What did they do? Can you describe the driver and/or any other people you saw? Can you describe him/her - face, stature, gait, clothing, etc., Were there any individuals who on the ground who appeared to be waiting for the vehicle to arrive?
  2. Departure - same basic questions in reverse - did you see someone approach the vehicle? What time? What direction did he/ she come from? Was the person on foot? Alone or with others? Dropped off by another vehicle? Can you describe him/her - face, stature, gait, clothing, carrying items? Which way did the vehicle go when it left the lot?
I don't think LE expects to be able to find someone who saw everything there from 12-5. But, what if someone happened drive by and saw something they felt was suspicious? Or pulled in by the building to turn around and saw someone or something? LE is looking for any missing pieces that will help them possibly tie a driver to the car and/or possibly tie him/her to the crime. JMO
They have the vehicle? I didn't know that.
What I read was that they were interested in the driver or someone who knows who was driving the vehicle that was parked at that location.
I haven't heard that they had the vehicle in custody. If they know who it is registered to, and the license plate number, why can't they find out who the driver was?

@CrimeDawg123 posted a transcript of the press conference on the first page of this thread. I can’t figure out how to link to a post :oops:

We're seeking the public's help to identify the driver of a vehicle that was parked at the old CPS DCS welfare building in the city of Delphi that was abandoned on the east side of County Road 300 North next to the Hoosier Heartland highway between the hours of noon to 5:00 on February 14th 2017. If you were parked there or know who was parked there please contact the officers at the command post at the Delphi city building.​

And the isp clarifying some poor wording

Indiana State Police releases clarification points on Delphi murder suspect

Their Multi-Agency Task Force provided the following points of clarification after Monday’s informational news conference:​

• A car was parked in the abandoned CPS building parking lot between the hours of noon and 5:00 p.m. on February 13, 2017
    • We are looking for anyone who could give a description of vehicles that were in the parking lot during the time
  • The location of the abandoned CPS building was 6931 West 300 North, Delphi, IN
    • The building has since been demolished and the lot is vacant

They have the vehicle? I didn't know that.
What I read was that they were interested in the driver or someone who knows who was driving the vehicle that was parked at that location.
I haven't heard that they had the vehicle in custody. If they know who it is registered to, and the license plate number, why can't they find out who the driver was?

Exactly!

Something just hit me... Derrick said the “guy” said there were a ‘couple’ by the water.... so I hope he is clear on that... guy said he saw a ‘couple’ (of girls?) by the water could that mean the guy Derrick questioned.... could he be the suspect? Could he have carried out the crime and was heading back to vehicle? The girls ( a couple of) were found by the water....?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces