Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #95

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mom covered, imo.
Picture this: He is her baby, maybe her only baby. Besides the total community embarassment, she cannot stand the thought that her 'angel' would commit a crime.
He's always been 'perfect'. The perfect child. Their only child. Nope, parents are in denial and will cover for him
til their deaths. Like Frazee's mother and brother and sister.

Unfortunately, some "mothers" enable their Golden Child, to the detriment to the entire world.

His chin is very distinctive isn’t it?

I think the most accurate representation of the sketch will be the one on FBI's website.
Because depending on in which angle the sketch had been when photographed etc the chin change a bit to the longer or shorter side.

The chin in the FBI sketch is not that very distinctive IMHO:
Her is the FBI sketch: UNKNOWN SUSPECT

Like most of you, I don’t think that the use of the term “guys” means BG is young. If anything, I hear more baby boomers saying “guys” than anyone else (I’m a millennial, if it matters ;)

I think LE really wants people to focus on BG being YOUNG, because the first sketch depicting him as middle-aged was apparently so off target - and it’s made such an impression on all of us. The first impression is going to be difficult to dispel.

Anyway, my two cents on why LE is pushing the “guys” clip, and on why they are implying that it means he’s young.

Last edited:
I thought the HLN special was great. It was interesting hearing them all give their take on different things. Their excitement and thinking that the case is close to an arrest makes me hopeful.
My one take-away, as someone who has never believed they had the killer’s DNA, was their insistence that the police did have DNA and that LE had said they did. These experts were relying on it to put this guy away. I truly hope they are right but I really don’t ever remember LE saying they had the killer’s DNA. They said early on they had DNA but they had to sort it out. Have danced all around the question but never said “we have the killer’s DNA” so someone please tell me when that was announced. I may be wrong and I pray they have some but....

Carter said in the presser that they have a witness. I think someone came forward with info and described the killer which was totally different from the first sketch. Then LE went back thru the sketches they had and the witness affirmed this new sketch matches the person he saw. Just MOO.

In big letters on HLN screen:

“SKETCH ARTIST SAYS
In interview with INDIANAPOLIS Star

•Sketch is based on description from witness

• Witness is main focus, bo input from police

•”Facial identification reference sheet” used”

Host to sketch artist MS:

“This is not, you say, to compare to any one picture that they may have. This sketch here, or any sketch, is for someone out there who may know him or her to recognize that drawing, correct?”

“That’s absolutely correct.”

He continues.

Note to pick up 12:30ish...MS commenting of youthful appearance how usually a young inexperienced offender doesn’t carry out a crime of this magnitude, but...

MS says the noticeable feature for him for people to not focus on but take into account with the rest of the facial information is the length of the jaw, the chin, from the lower lip to the tip of the chin, seems extraordinarily disproportionate to the rest of the face.”

They are showing people’s tweets on the bottom of the screen.

JSM comments on his impression of possible underbite and cleft/shadowing on chin. MS says that it could be “that the person depicted in the sketch has a very strong, pronounced jaw, and you’d seesee that just above the tip of the chin below the lip would be more pronounced and perhaps jutting our just a bit.”

—-
Haha JJ is asking MS how effective are these sketches. I asked the same thing. “What’s the accuracy and how do sketch artists go about developing something like this?”

MS: “Its really hard to pinpoint percentage in terms of accuracy” (ha I asked what the percentage was the other day)...”most of my successes are when people have some presence of mind to stay calm during a crime and they’re actually fully engaged with the sketch artist during the investigation itself...”

MS speaking more about this process of developing the sketch—establishes a repoir and level of trust with the witness.

As I said before I’m so in awe of sketch artists’ talents! I just think it’s really an amazing ability and gift.

—-
They reiterate it appears these are two totally different people (old and new sketch) but MS notes that these investigations are “very fluid and dynamic and they change in an instance so the difficult part is this has become the face of the last two years so now they’ve had to quickly pivot...and I think they’ve gone a very good job, a very responsible job of introducing this new sketch to the public and making this the focus of the investigation.”

(“Fluid”—-was that the main word in the Closs investigation iirc?)

Commercial break.

This sketch sure is getting a lot of face time. This is awesome. Let’s hope this sketch is accurate.

Last edited:
I'm sure this has been discussed, so forgive me, but did they locate Abby's phone? Did she have it on her at the park? Or did she not have a phone?

Anyone see a possible cleft palate? Under his right nostril.
I think it's hard to tell.
Remember they said that the sketch was a ballpark estimate of what the killer looks like.
His chin looks normal to me, maybe a little longer than some.
I think LE wants people to focus on the overall appearance of the face, to see if he looks familiar to anyone. If someone knows him, they will probably recognize him. Imo

Carter said in the presser that they have a witness. I think someone came forward with info and described the killer which was totally different from the first sketch. Then LE went back thru the sketches they had and the witness affirmed this new sketch matches the person he saw. Just MOO.
I'm leaning in this same direction. The way Carter said "We have a witness," sounded to definitive to me, that I felt it was probably a new "witness" coming forward. If it was the original one with no new information, I think the statement would be more like, "There was a witness and we have a sketch." Just my opinion and feelings when I watched the PC.

Phones are the first thought on every young mind. Young girls take selfies and videos continuously. At least most do. A young man would know this. Its very likely that if left with there phone his face or voice could be on a photo or video or snapchat etc. With young people its a very high chance. They take snapshots, video and send them in mock speed. They know there phones better than the back of there own hands. If a young teen breaks or looses there phone its as if there life has ended. A young man would know this. Would also know he needs to do something to stop the phone from transmitting and then get rid of the phone at other place or destroy it so that no data could be taken from it. wonder if you get good signal on the bridge..or below the bridge.

A young man that has always been very poor may not have had experience like most kids with electronics. Or a middle age to older man has not been raised with cell phones and internet. The phone being left is troubling to me if perp was really young. Older it would make sense. Thats someone that isn't wired for technology I call it due to not being raised with it due to age, or very poor family, or someone that didn't use technology often due to religion or other lifestyle choice. The phone being left says a lot in itself. Or this guy has in his m.o. very high risk taking. Or simply couldn't find it.

Have police said they physically have the phone itself?

In the podcast summarized earlier in the thread, former FBI agents who were interviewed said the suspect LE had for the second, older perp sketch was recently arrested. He was a sex offender. They were able to confirm that person was not the killer, so they went back to the first "younger perp" sketch.

If I read that accurately, it means LE may have sat for 2 years and watched the suspect sex offender who looked like the older perp sketch. Sounds like they made no attempt in those 2 years to get a sample of his DNA for comparison, until they finally found a reason to arrest him. Two years later.

If so, I disagree with their investigative technique, WRT DNA. JMO.
Maybe?
This sex offender who was depicted in the first sketch and was arrested made a plea deal that included what he witnessed the day the girls were killed? This could be the reason why New info came out recently that changed the direction of the investigation. I cannot imagine a witness not coming forward during the first months after the murders unless the witness has something to hide.
So perhaps the SO was arrested, made plea deal, retired prosecutor comes back to work and new sketch is released.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Houndgirl2003