Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #96

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I recall that also.
IIRC at the PC they said YBG sketch is the man on the bridge and the man that killed them. All the same individual.
Next day, a little clarification was put out that even so, that did not exclude the possibility there was an accomplice.

What if the first BG was the "dad" of the new sketch is the son. Maybe the son was going to buy some drugs there and dad was in the car waiting for his son. Son sees the girls and opportunity strikes him. Perhaps dad was along for the drive not knowing what his son did?

This doesn’t solve the mystery of the two sketches, but I’ve wondered, (wishful thinking), if they DO have a Parabon sketch, but feel that the witness’s sketch is just as good, if not better. Parabon sketches only give the general look of a suspect. They’re priceless in cases where LE has no idea what the suspect looks like—they might be redundant or misleading in cases where LE has eyewitnesses. And if this were true then, (wishful thinking again), LE might be sorting out tangled family trees right now, inching their way to pinning someone down.
If they think the witness’ sketch is close enough, then I could see them forgoing the release of any Parabon information.

Perhaps they don’t want to reveal their hand.

They’ve got me convinced that Parabon isn’t involved, but that could be the point.

I know they've said the murders happened minutes after the video, but that could be 90 minutes or 7. I just think it's too quick for him to murder them and do whatever they are referencing in the PC, and get out before Derrick shows up. I personally think he was hiding, probably with the girls' (bodies most likely). That's why his car was still there. He hadn't come out yet.
IMO 60 minutes or less. Anything over 60 minutes would be in hours not minutes. Again JMO.

Just a random thought. I’ve been following from the beginning but after so many threads it’s possible I may have forgotten.
Was it ever stated the reason the girls wanted to go to the trails? Was it to meet to meet other friends, take pictures, just exercise. I’m just trying to figure out how it might be possible that the girls were targeted or how a predator could lure young teens to the area.
I know there is a scavenger type hunt we can’t discuss but I remember locating and rehiding painted rocks was popular a couple years ago and I’m wondering if this could have been something that they did.
I think there were several online hints sometimes in communities to help people “ find “ the hidden rocks.
If this has already been discussed I apologize.

What if the first BG was the "dad" of the new sketch is the son. Maybe the son was going to buy some drugs there and dad was in the car waiting for his son. Son sees the girls and opportunity strikes him. Perhaps dad was along for the drive not knowing what his son did?

This is why LE holds such a low opinion of arm chair detectives. One voice, one suspect, period. There is zero evidence indicating drugs or anyone else is involved.

IMO 60 minutes or less. Anything over 60 minutes would be in hours not minutes. Again JMO.
That's a good point. From the last photo of Abby on the bridge at 2:07, to the unanswered phone call at 3:11, BG had to catch up with them on the opposite end of the bridge, walk them to the spot across the creek, murder them, and start walking out. I don't know how long it takes to cross that bridge, but I seriously think he likely had less than a half hour with them. And I don't think he was still with them when the searches started. I think he was long gone. MOO

Just a random thought. I’ve been following from the beginning but after so many threads it’s possible I may have forgotten.
Was it ever stated the reason the girls wanted to go to the trails? Was it to meet to meet other friends, take pictures, just exercise. I’m just trying to figure out how it might be possible that the girls were targeted or how a predator could lure young teens to the area.
I know there is a scavenger type hunt we can’t discuss but I remember locating and rehiding painted rocks was popular a couple years ago and I’m wondering if this could have been something that they did.
I think there were several online hints sometimes in communities to help people “ find “ the hidden rocks.

I'm not sure it has specifically every stated and its possible that the girls only know their exact reasons.

Family has stated that the girls generally liked the outdoors and taking artsy type photos per MSM

personally I think just like many other kids their age it was a chance to get outside on a day off from school

Get some fresh air while on a leisurely hike and take some neat photos

JMO

As per common in the area, likely they were just bored and wanted to get out. Kids hang out on that trail. As indicated by the other kids the police spoke to. Going to the trail is common it's not like Delphi is a bustling hub with endless entertainment

I'm not so sure they are even asking that, I find it highly unlikely any new recollection of a car in the area two years later could hold up as reliable in a trial. I think this was their way of letting him know/reminding him that they know he was parked there and in the area at the time of the murders. It was a very quick, lower volume, and not urgent delivery during the presser. I don't think they wanted the public really focusing on that, they just wanted him to know they know where he parked (and for him to presume they know a lot more than that) since for two years he's thinking he got away with this and is probably starting to settle into being comfortable again.

I agree it is unlikely that anyone could remember who was parked in a certain place 2 years ago. Which is why it was strange to me that LE waited this long to even talk about that if they knew this information before now.

I checked back to an early article about what they were asking the public about and it was only about cars being parked at the trailhead.

"“Also, if you were parked at High Bridge Trail Head on February 13, 2017 between 1:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. we would like to talk to you,” police said."

Abigail Williams & Liberty German: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Complete coincidence.

That Indiana shooting appears to be well on its way to being solved.

I also believe that the two separate murders of girls, is unrelated.

Law enforcement does as well, even though the coincidence is inherently suspicious.

Something is telling them that.

That's happening in KY right now as well. We seem to have a new murder or missing person showing up every other day. People tuning in for the Savannah Spurlock case are suddenly getting KY crime on their radar. Because SS was a young, pretty woman it *appears* that all these other cases are connected. They're not. When you look at them from afar it DOES kind of look like there's something to it-like some serial killer is making his rounds around here knocking off people left and right. When you start looking closer, however, it's simple enough to see that it's just sadly coincidental. Individually there are explanations for each one. We have a high drug use rate, a high unemployment rate, and we're one of the worst states for medical care (particularly mental healthcare).

DELPHI — The Carroll County Sheriff's office is pleading with the public to stop making side-by-side images of people with the Delphi suspect's sketch and instead to call in or email those tips to detectives.

"Please STOP posting side by side pictures of people you think did this," the sheriff's office posted on Facebook. "You are ruining innocent people's lives."

Sheriff: STOP comparing people online with Delphi sketch

It’s really sad LE is forced to plea for people to stop doing that. It’s as if, to some, this double homicide has become a virtual reality mystery game.

Imagine if anyone here woke up one morning and a friend of relative called “did you know people on FB are saying you murdered two girls in Indiana? Even worse, if you’re a parent and other kids started talking about it at school “hey on FB I saw your dad’s a murderer!”.

This is also one of the reasons I think people are not as enthusiastic as they once were about displaying themselves on FB.

Personal opinion, they were right there the whole time.

I agree.

Time and time against see searches taking place and they find nothing and then they go back over the same ground days or weeks later and find bodies.

I think if they were looking for bodies on the 13th they may have found them but at that point they must have just thought the girls were lost or one of them injured.

Light was possibly fading as well.

I do think they are there the whole time I did mention earlier whether they were moved and then taken back there but that makes no sense at all when you think about it.

IMO, to hike and take pictures. It's a really normal thing for kids that live near trails and parks. Hike, camp, etc.

IMO not likely. I'm sure his dad would have noticed his jacket stocked full of KILL KIT items.

It’s really sad LE is forced to plea for people to stop doing that. It’s as if, to some, this double homicide has become a virtual reality mystery game.

Imagine if anyone here woke up one morning and a friend of relative called “did you know people on FB are saying you murdered two girls in Indiana? Even worse, if you’re a parent and other kids started talking about it at school “hey on FB I saw your dad’s a murderer”.

This is also one of the reasons I think people are not as enthusiastic as they once were about displaying themselves on FB.
Some of these people are trolls, some of them actually have good intentions, but both groups are causing harm.

It’s strange that people who intend to cause chaos, and those who simply want to help, are united in what they are achieving:

Damage.

That's happening in KY right now as well. We seem to have a new murder or missing person showing up every other day. People tuning in for the Savannah Spurlock case are suddenly getting KY crime on their radar. Because SS was a young, pretty woman it *appears* that all these other cases are connected. They're not. When you look at them from afar it DOES kind of look like there's something to it-like some serial killer is making his rounds around here knocking off people left and right. When you start looking closer, however, it's simple enough to see that it's just sadly coincidental. Individually there are explanations for each one. We have a high drug use rate, a high unemployment rate, and we're one of the worst states for medical care (particularly mental healthcare).

While I live in Indiana, I'm in Louisville frequently. It's scary, the crime. :(

Family has stated that the girls went there to take pictures. They enjoyed doing that regularly (not necessarily at that location, just in general). The rock stuff was very popular at the time, but most of those were hidden within the town. We got involved in that, it was a great activity for kids and we even did some for Delphi's group, but I've not heard anyone mention that there were any at the park.

I agree.

Time and time against see searches taking place and they find nothing and then they go back over the same ground days or weeks later and find bodies.

I think if they were looking for bodies on the 13th they may have found them but at that point they must have just thought the girls were lost or one of them injured.

I do think they are there the whole time I did mention earlier whether they were moved and then taken back there but that makes no sense at all when you think about it.

Yes. By the time the search started it would have been dusk. And I'm sure you start at the "center" of the disappearance and fan out. Their bodies were half a mile away.

I agree.

Agreed personally I feel early searches were exclusively focused on the trail and very close to the bridge

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that the search didn't expand out to a grid style search and surrounding area until the next day

And in fact I think thats exactly what happened

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads