Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #96

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My honest opinion,
The most recent PC, most of what they said was made to be semantic interpretations.

E.g. “we think you might be with us here today, you are between 18-40 years old. You may have told someone...........”

Against my wishes, I really think LE is at a standstill. They have no real clarification or legitimate explanation on why the first sketch is now moot. Yes, I realize why they may not tell us at this time.

The last thing we want to hear from their mouths is that they don’t have any new leads.

Look at the Closs case, nobody had the slightest idea of what happened there. The motive or the senseless motive for a better term, was something nobody could have Imagined.
I'm still wondering what compelled Doug Carter to make this statement: "For more than two years you never thought we would shift gears to a different investigative strategy, [insert pause for dramatic effect] ... but we have." Huh? How absurd. I feel like I'm watching the pilot episode of a failed TV series.

Been lurking and reading since the presser and I had to skip a lot of posts and as a result I have probably missed a lot but I need some clarification on a few things
Somewhere I read-and it may have been someone speculating- that one of the girls was thrown off the bridge?? True or not and if true how do we know that?
Arrested a couple of months ago a sexual predator CE who looks a lot like sketch #1-was he at the trail the day the girls went missing.? He has been cleared I believe regarding Abby and Libby’s murders, I assume probably not a DNA match but was he there that day?
Thanks for any clarification you can provide

First of all, that should not be happening.

LE has this and the public shouldn’t be a lynch mob.

To answer you question, I would be scared, for sure. Other personalities would be bolder, I am sure, and fight to defend their name.

It’s a shame that is happening, but has to be a result of the side by side comparisons on social media. Unjust and wrong.

If you think you have a good comparison, tip it in, don’t share it where a million people see it.
I would think that would be considered libel and illegal. At the very least, can't the person being harassed sue for defamation?
I don't know much about SM but there must be a way to track down the people that are doing this.
Like LE said, it is ruining people's lives.
They shouldn't have to waste their time with this. They have an important case to solve. I can understand why they get so frustrated.
The murderer probably thinks it's all very amusing. Jmo

I'm still wondering what compelled Doug Carter to make this statement: "For more than two years you never thought we would shift gears to a different investigative strategy, [insert pause for dramatic effect] ... but we have." Huh? How absurd. I feel like I'm watching the pilot episode of a failed TV series.
Lot of drama for maximum PR coverage and attention. It's good but on the substance side very little. Otherwise, the wild guessing games here would have ended. I pray they INDEED have more to go by and pursue, but so far it appears they are beating bushes IMHO.

Let me ask this hypothetical,

Say you were being harassed on your social media by sleuths or whatever but we're innocent. Would you wipe your social media presence and all accounts or would you keep them active and fight back?
Other people I have talked to whose name gets circulated actually receive death threats and threats against their family. What is always odd to me is that they usually have wide open FB. But even locking down FB by that time people have found other info online, address, email, etc. The general public tries and convicts based on a picture on social media. People be crazy.

they got to the other side. most posters think that they were not both carried. if you think about BG moving both of them, probably tough to carry both at the same time.

Yes, that is the main theory that one of the girls was too big to transport to the discovery area. I am not completely sold on that theory, though.

There is some speculation that was his intended location all along, to cross Deer Creek to a place he knew, and maybe had preparations there.

It does make sense he led them down the hill at the south end of the bridge and across the creek. That would be the easiest for him to do, of course.

On the other hand, what if his intent was to assault them on the bridge side of the creek and they ran?

All the same, we will have to wait and see if that is what the evidence shows. That won’t happen until BG is caught.

I think the whole point was to be dramatic. His emotions had a big effect on many people watching. Imagine the reaction from the killer or whoever is close to him. I find it hard to believe someone would not notice a change in behavior in him after that. Imo

Let me ask this hypothetical,

Say you were being harassed on your social media by sleuths or whatever but we're innocent. Would you wipe your social media presence and all accounts or would you keep them active and fight back?

Certainly close all accounts.
The stress that you would endure would be horrid, and whether trolls or folk innocently accusing you, it would snowball.
Also I would make sure LE are aware as rumours spread, and harm may come to you.
MOO.

Lot of drama for maximum PR coverage and attention. It's good but on the substance side very little. Otherwise, the wild guessing games here would have ended. I pray they INDEED have more to go by and pursue, but so far it appears they are beating bushes IMHO.

If LE truly has no primary suspect... and this case stays unsolved... my opinion is that any future PC will lack credibility after the last one (how many times can you use that type of drama?). Still trying to decipher the part about we know there will be questions, be patient with us etc; assuming that’s because the abrupt shift from creepy old BG to creepy new BG (sketch). This is one case where I pray it’s solved not just for the families but for LE too because they’ve been tested and I think have done the best they can.

For a couple of days I have held off posting as I found myself travelling into some dark sleuthing corners I never expected to travel and have had some sleepless nights thinking about this case. I think I know the transcripts from the last presser almost verbatim.

Now I need to put my jumbled thoughts down and hope they make sense to you all.

Let me preface what I am about to write with JMO to get that out of the way.

LE knows who did this, but did not have this suspect in their vision until a couple of months ago.

The key is that they only eliminated the person in sketch number one recently.

Since the 2 year anniversary press conference, I had been wondering why they never displayed BG's sketch and it bugged me to no end. (Please correct me if I am wrong, but I am certain there was no sketch #1 on display on February 13th 2019.)

I believe that right around that time is when they had to dismiss him (Sketch #1) as their primary suspect, he was cleared of Abby and Libby's murders, and they COULDN'T display it anymore.

I believe that one they realized that he wasn't their guy, they had to go back to the start of their investigation. That's when they realized that the guy in sketch #2 is their guy. "We are just now beginning..."

I think that the witness(es)? who described the person in sketch #2 (BG) also described several other people to the sketch artist that day. When the person in sketch #2 was described, he was dismissed immediately as there was no room for consideration for him to be a suspect. I believe that there were several other sketches of many people that were there that were done within days of the crime taking place. I believe that this guy had a big part in providing the details for sketch #1. "We believe you are hiding in plain sight. For more than two years you never thought we would shift gears to a different investigative strategy but we have. We likely have interviewed you or someone close to you. "

The guy in sketch #1 was always their focus almost from day #1 because he fit the puzzle so perfectly. (I am NOT in any way criticizing LE for this, they did everything they could to eliminate him as their suspect as quickly as they could.)

The vehicle is now the key.
The reason why LE was so vague about the colour, make and model of the vehicle is that they need BG to know that they know who he is. They need him to be looking over his shoulder. They need him to wonder how much they know...because that's what is going to break him.

"...you want to know what we know. And one day you will."

I believe that someone interacted with him that day BEFORE THE TRAIL and before the girls were even dropped off.

"We're seeking the public's help to identify the driver of a vehicle that was parked at the old CPS DCS welfare building in the city of Delphi that was abandoned on the east side of County Road 300 North next to the Hoosier Heartland highway between the hours of noon to 5:00 on February 13th 2017. "

LE needs that person to have the 'lightbulb' moment and realize that they did, in fact, interact with the driver (BG aka the man in sketch #2) earlier that day, and once that person comes forward, the rest is going to fall into place.

Superintendent Carter is a remarkable man who did an amazing thing last Monday. I think that he showed so much courage at that Presser.

(But not nearly as much courage as our hero Libby did on the trail that day when she began filming and putting the first nail in BG's coffin.)

This has hit him and the rest of his team hard and he is going to nail this guy to the floor. Mark my words here and now.
"Never in my career have I stood in front of something like this. Please be patient with us. Please. We're just beginning."

I have many reasons for all of the above thoughts, but in the interest of keeping my membership here, I am going to leave this post without elaborating any more than I have.

You all are amazing here. A dedicated group with hearts of platinum. Many of you have brought tears to my eyes with your written thoughts of compassion as well as your determination.

I know many of you go to sleep thinking about these girls and wake up thinking about them....I do too.

Last edited:
with PTSD usually the amygdala is hyperactive. PTSD and psychopathy are basically opposites of one another, in emotional capacity.

I guess that makes as much sense as anything else I have heard, and I do enjoy learning more about the brain. If there was a smaller amygdala, it would mean *possibly* prior trauma, like that would lead to PTSD.

People are going to read into whatever choice you make: fight back and you're protesting too much and that means you're guilty; lock everything down and then they're wondering what you're trying to hide. You can't win.

I'd lock them down and probably deactivate until the masses moved on to someone else. Fighting back almost achieves nothing but more fights.

And most importantly, I would like lock mine down even more than it is because I don't want the tr@lls after my friends. And harassing them.

Regarding the newest PC, I want to share an observation and am curious to hear your thoughts - If you watch Sheriff Leazenby who is standing behind Carter, he is pretty stoic the entire time - except when Superintendent Carter says "...or works here" when describing the killer. The Sheriff has a visible reaction. It of course may be nothing, but if you watch his face through the entire speech, he seems to swallow once when Carter is asking people to look at the mannerisms of BG, and then at the "...or works here" part, he very noticeably reacts. I find it very interesting.
Just went back and watched. Good catch! His reaction DOES seem to be in reaction to "...or works here". Makes me wonder just how close "here" is to LE.

with PTSD usually the amygdala is hyperactive. PTSD and psychopathy are basically opposites of one another, in emotional capacity.

But my understanding is the amygdala shrinks (gets smaller) under stress or trauma?

ETA: Here I am studying brain science, and I agree with you. Don’t know why I thought that. You are right @moonlessnight

Last edited:
Other people I have talked to whose name gets circulated actually receive death threats and threats against their family. What is always odd to me is that they usually have wide open FB. But even locking down FB by that time people have found other info online, address, email, etc. The general public tries and convicts based on a picture on social media. People be crazy.
Innocent people die or were murdered and innocent people's lives get destroyed in the process of solving the crime. The world is cruel and heartless. The old laws just don't work in modern digital FB world anymore. You'd think the smartazz in Congress would do something about it.

For a couple of days I have held off posting as I found myself travelling into some dark sleuthing corners I never expected to travel and have had some sleepless nights thinking about this case. I think I know the transcripts from the last presser almost verbatim.

Now I need to put my jumbled thoughts down and hope they make sense to you all.

Let me preface what I am about to write with JMO to get that out of the way.

LE knows who did this, but did not have this suspect in their vision until a couple of months ago.

The key is that they only eliminated the person in sketch number one recently.

Since the 2 year anniversary press conference, I had been wondering why they never displayed BG's sketch and it bugged me to no end. (Please correct me if I am wrong, but I am certain there was no sketch #1 on display on February 13th 2019.)

I believe that right around that time is when they had to dismiss him (Sketch #1) as their primary suspect, he was cleared of Abby and Libby's murders, and they COULDN'T display it anymore.

I believe that one they realized that he wasn't their guy, they had to go back to the start of their investigation. That's when they realized that the guy in sketch #2 is their guy. "We are just now beginning..."

I think that the witness(es)? who described the person in sketch #2 (BG) also described several other people to the sketch artist that day. When the person in sketch #2 was described, he was dismissed immediately as there was no room for consideration for him to be a suspect. I believe that there were several other sketches of many people that were there that were done within days of the crime taking place and this guy had a big part in providing the details for sketch #1. "We believe you are hiding in plain sight. For more than two years you never thought we would shift gears to a different investigative strategy but we have. We likely have interviewed you or someone close to you. "

The guy in sketch #1 was always their focus almost from day #1 because he fit the puzzle so perfectly. (I am NOT in any way criticizing LE for this, they did everything they could to eliminate him as their suspect as quickly as they could.)

The vehicle is now the key.
The reason why LE was so vague about the colour, make and model of the vehicle is that they need BG to know that they know who he is. They need him to be looking over his shoulder. They need him to wonder how much they know...because that's what is going to break him.

"...you want to know what we know. And one day you will."

I believe that someone interacted with him that day BEFORE THE TRAIL and before the girls were even dropped off.

"We're seeking the public's help to identify the driver of a vehicle that was parked at the old CPS DCS welfare building in the city of Delphi that was abandoned on the east side of County Road 300 North next to the Hoosier Heartland highway between the hours of noon to 5:00 on February 13th 2017. "

LE needs that person to have the 'lightbulb' moment and realize that they did, in fact, interact with the driver (BG aka the man in sketch #2) earlier that day, and once that person comes forward, the rest is going to fall into place.

Superintendent Carter is a remarkable man who did an amazing thing last Monday. I think that he showed so much courage at that Presser.

(But not nearly as much courage as our hero Libby did on the trail that day when she began filming and putting the first nail in BG's coffin.)

This has hit him and the rest of his team hard and he is going to nail this guy to the floor. Mark my words here and now.
"Never in my career have I stood in front of something like this. Please be patient with us. Please. We're just beginning."

I have many reasons for all of the above thoughts, but in the interest of keeping my membership here, I am going to leave this post without elaborating any more than I have.

You all are amazing here. A dedicated group with hearts of platinum. Many of you have brought tears to my eyes with your written thoughts of compassion as well as your determination.

I know many of you go to sleep thinking about these girls and wake up thinking about them....I do too.
Bravo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member