Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #96

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
An experience of mine today which reminded me of the girls:
I was walking to the library through a park and was at a intersection of paths in front of a parking lot. I decided to go in the opposite direction of a homeless man, which lead me towards a less public area. As I was walking I noticed that a pickup truck with a man + the trunk hatch down would stop until I caught up next to them, then would drive forward again, staring at me most of the time. After about a minute of this he sped into a parking spot where I would be walking by. I got that sick feeling and turned around, walking quickly in the direction of the homeless man instead. He just gave me a smile and went on with his day.
I'm not much older than Abby & Libby were, and I'm certainly not as strong/athletic as them. This was in a fairly public place where I had cell reception and the homeless man could hear me scream if anything went wrong, yet I was terrified and had that gut reaction to get away.
I can't imagine how terrified and hopeless they felt, and all they had to turn to was their own strength and recording BG.
It also showed me how wrong my sense of judgement is. We assume that the scariest looking person is the one out to get us, but it is very likely a clean cut guy respected within the community. Just thought I'd share before I head back on that path home

It wouldn't be weird to advise someone not to do it. I have had lots of conversations with folks who say "no way, I'd never put my DNA out there like that" and there's nothing nefarious about it. So, entirely possible!

Yes. But if the person discouraging doing it is from that area or works there, it could be meaningful. I think context matters.

Last edited:
I've been sitting on my hands for the last few days just reading, scrolling and rolling.
Every time I begin to get frustrated by the repeat questions and case basics, I instead focus on being grateful for the forum and the renewed interest in the case.

All that said, this morning I had a thought that I'd love some input on...

The whole 'two weeks' parameter put out in the presser has been a sticky point for me.
It's one thing to say 'please allow the family some time', or 'please don't contact the family until they make it clear they're ready to talk to the press', etc. I've never heard a specific timeline set before?
I envision a media circus camping out waiting for the end of the 14th to pounce.
At first I thought that, as many have said, they are waiting on DNA, Parabon, etc- some lab report that would give more details, perhaps even a more definitive sketch.

HOWEVER- given the major upheaval resulting from changing the sketch last week, I realized this morning that it would be very bizarre, and perhaps unlikely, for them to have a presser with a new sketch release and then plan to release another Parabon sketch or the like in another two weeks. After 2 years, it would seem that if they had a plan to generate a Parabon sketch, they'd do that and THEN have the presser & the sketch change.

SO- I'm back to wondering why the two weeks? Is there significance or am I straw grasping? I understand the religious significance of the dates surrounding the presser and don't discount that as a variable in the case for reasons unknown to us- is there something else happening next week or an anniversary being marked that would make that 2 week mark critical to someone?

Sorry for the 'War and Peace' type entry. I don't comment often, but apparently when I do I make up for lost time in word count!!!

Back to by cud.... MOO.

College is out for summer break or graduation. Young adults return home for summer. Does suspect graduates college plan to return to Delphi for vacation? work? accepted a job in Delphi?

If there's one thing I have learned is that NOTHING is outside the realm of possibility.

The stranger it seems sometimes, the most likely it is.

I followed the Tim Bosma case here in Canada. I live close to Tim. I knew the killer's father. I had heard the stories and followed on Websleuths. We had all kinds of different reasons and theories. I'll never forget, following on Day 1 of the Trial, when the Crown submitted that the crime was all about stealing a truck. You could have knocked me over with a feather. It was all about the truck. Seriously?

BG could be anyone, from any walk of life. All we really know now is that he's way younger than we thought. I think we are all going to be blown away when they finally bring him down.

BG could be anyone.

MOO

I agree, people who commit murder and the reasons they do so can’t be presumed to be rational.

One that made no sense, near where I live - Garland was convicted of a triple murder in Calgary, grandparents and a young grandson. The alleged motive - he’d worked on an oilfield device years prior with the grandfather. It never did prove successful but he held a longterm grudge only because his name wasn’t added to the patent. Meanwhile there were various other potential scenarios that might’ve been directly involved but the least likely is what actually occurred.

Venturing out on a limb, I would say the police do not believe the community is in danger because they 100% know who the suspect is and they have him under a microscope. This guy isn't going to sneeze without police knowing.
One would think so, not to mention the risk of him attempting to dispose of or destroy evidence, that is if he has any. Also, wonder if they consider him a flight risk.

The 13th again. WTH. Some people believe in numerology and/or are superstitious. I am not one of them. That being said, some weird coincidences about the 13th.
The number 13 is used by many in different ways. Take the first 13 colonies. I am love a history type channel on TV. Curse of Oak Island is one of my favorite. Last night they devoted a section to the number 13. George Washington type stuff. Friday the 13th is highly linked to the slaughter of Templar Knights on Friday the 13th, 1307. Number 13 is represented in America by our founding fathers in many ways.
Edited to add I am not sure the 13th is related to motive.

Has anyone looked into what was happening on February 10th - 12th, 2017 in Delphi and/or the surrounding area? I feel like something had to have triggered this. It may have been in the news (or it may have been a spur-of-the-moment trigger) but it could be worth looking into. Something set this guy off.

I was walking to the library through a park and was at a intersection of paths in front of a parking lot. I decided to go in the opposite direction of a homeless man, which lead me towards a less public area. As I was walking I noticed that a pickup truck with a man + the trunk hatch down would stop until I caught up next to them, then would drive forward again, staring at me most of the time. After about a minute of this he sped into a parking spot where I would be walking by. I got that sick feeling and turned around, walking quickly in the direction of the homeless man instead. He just gave me a smile and went on with his day.
I'm not much older than Abby & Libby were, and I'm certainly not as strong/athletic as them. This was in a fairly public place where I had cell reception and the homeless man could hear me scream if anything went wrong, yet I was terrified and had that gut reaction to get away.
I can't imagine how terrified and hopeless they felt, and all they had to turn to was their own strength and recording BG.
It also showed me how wrong my sense of judgement is. We assume that the scariest looking person is the one out to get us, but it is very likely a clean cut guy respected within the community. Just thought I'd share before I head back on that path home

I encounter dodgy situations at bus stops, and on short walks in good "safe" neighbors daily. Cars slowing down. following me, trying to strike up conversations, driving in circles...it's insane how many creeps are out there! DAILY. This happens daily. I cannot imagine how scary it is for children. It scares me. :(

so, as I was reading previous threads, I read a comment that gave me a thought. it was about the BG stills/video and how it's zoomed in and pixelated. I thought maybe, just maybe in the "full shot" of the stills/video LE have, it's clearer, and they're able to see some of the details better than we are. for example, it might be obvious he's xx years old, or he does/n't have facial hair, wearing a hoodie, or what have you.

The images they have released to the public would be the best clarity that can be seen about the individuals distinct features

Thats their sole purpose for releasing them, so that someone that knows who it is can identify him

For a beginner this was some seriously pro-level skill or luck. So, does this person have training to be a stealthy killer? I've asked before because I know nothing about what could possibly provide you with skills that ensure control of two victims, a pre-selected site and escape route (it would seem) and the ability to disappear, for all intents and purposes.

Do people that hunt with bows, for example, know some of this better than others. Is it a part of armed forces training?

MOO this area its always had people hiking having picnics, exploring.
The land owner RL's description of the area by the creek and bridge was that his son and friends roamed and played there.
His son and friends wouldn't be the only set local kids doing the same.

MOO the area has been an attraction and hangout since the bridge was built.

Monon High Bridge, Delphi, courtesy Carroll County Museum

Last edited:
Has anyone looked into what was happening on February 10th - 12th, 2017 in Delphi and/or the surrounding area? I feel like something had to have triggered this. It may have been in the news (or it may have been a spur-of-the-moment trigger) but it could be worth looking into. Something set this guy off.

What about personal? A bad breakup? Feeling depressed, rejected, heartbroken maybe even suicidal or filled with rage? Feb 14th is a HUGE trigger for broken hearts.

What about personal? A bad breakup? Feeling depressed, rejected, heartbroken maybe even suicidal or filled with rage? Feb 14th is a HUGE trigger for broken hearts.

Personal is what I meant by spur-of-the-moment but if it's personal, we can't really look into it and if happened to be news related (doubt it but maybe) we can.

I've been sitting on my hands for the last few days just reading, scrolling and rolling.
Every time I begin to get frustrated by the repeat questions and case basics, I instead focus on being grateful for the forum and the renewed interest in the case.

The whole 'two weeks' parameter put out in the presser has been a sticky point for me.
It's one thing to say 'please allow the family some time', or 'please don't contact the family until they make it clear they're ready to talk to the press', etc. I've never heard a specific timeline set before?
I envision a media circus camping out waiting for the end of the 14th day to pounce.
At first I thought that, as many have said, they are waiting on DNA, Parabon, etc- some lab report that would give more details, perhaps even a more definitive sketch.

HOWEVER- given the major upheaval resulting from changing the sketch last week, I realized this morning that it would be very bizarre, and perhaps unlikely, for them to have a presser with a new sketch release and then plan to release another Parabon sketch or the like in another two weeks. After 2 years, it would seem that if they had a plan to generate a Parabon sketch, they'd do that and THEN have the presser & the sketch change.

SO- I'm back to wondering why the two weeks? Is there significance or am I straw grasping? I understand the religious significance of the dates surrounding the presser and don't discount that as a variable in the case for reasons unknown to us- is there something else happening next week or an anniversary being marked that would make that 2 week mark critical to someone?

Sorry for the 'War and Peace' type entry. I don't comment often, but apparently when I do I make up for lost time in word count!!!

Back to my cud.... MOO.

Honestly I have entertained the thought that the family may be given somewhat of a script to go off of when the MSM contacts them in two weeks that plays into Investigators on going strategy jmo

I wish we knew what the girls had been doing between those dates. Such as where they visited and who they may have interacted with.

RBBM

When the Killer is finally arrested (and he will be), any Digital Devices of his are going to be a treasure trove of insight. That always seems to be the way. MOO

the computer he had prior 2017, laptop or desktop and cellphone have all been destroyed and replaced by now. Probably had time to do a lot of clean up after the fact.

Always, when you get that sick feeling, don't disregard...Get yourself out of there!! Thanks for sharing and I'm glad you are OK!

I envision a media circus camping out waiting for the end of the 14th day to pounce.

Back to my cud.... MOO.
School's are out ? Graduation time ? Someone coming home from college ? A possible warning to whoever may have alibied him ? Give him up in this 2 weeks or you are going down too ?.....moo

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member