Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #97

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am confused here. Are you saying that the SO was coincidentally at the bridge on the 13th when Abby and Libby were murdered by a different predator?

This has 100% not been verified by LE.

And this is why it is important to say "IMO"!

It's not really IMO, given the information was presented in the podcast.

I was one of those people that just put the whole 1st sketch thing out of my mind. I still will,but I can't help but think how very odd that another sexual offender was supposedly present that day but didn't do this crime, if we believe the response that was given by the hosts to the person that contacted them for clarification.Thats just bizaare or downright scary that 2 serious offenders were there that day (not saying there were 2 offenders in this crime, just they were present if all info is to be believed).

I was one of those people that just put the whole 1st sketch thing out of my mind. I still will,but I can't help but think how very odd that another sexual offender was supposedly present that day but didn't do this crime, if we believe the response that was given by the hosts to the person that contacted them for clarification.Thats just bizaare or downright scary that 2 serious offenders were there that day (not saying there were 2 offenders in this crime, just they were present if all info is to be believed).

Is there a link available to the follow up response? TIA

Unless LE confirm that as fact I'm not buying it really JMO.

A known sex offender is in the vicinity on the day two children are murdered and he isn't responsible even though he appears to physically resemble BG more than the new sketch of baby face. (I know the footage of BG is hard to get a good image from but still if you had to pick you would say sketch 1 was more accurate even though we now know it isnt and should definitely be disregarded).

Sketch #1 always gave me pause, especially compared to the pic shown from the video. My first thoughts was the guy in sketch #1 looks like he could stroke out at any minute. IMO, he did not look physically capable of what was done. Sure it's a possibility.

Sketch #2 does match the person in the pic. IMO, I do see a younger guy.

Forget about sketch #1 (flashing lights for effect).

Unless LE confirm that as fact I'm not buying it really JMO.

A known sex offender is in the vicinity on the day two children are murdered and he isn't responsible even though he appears to physically resemble BG more than the new sketch of baby face. (I know the footage of BG is hard to get a good image from but still if you had to pick you would say sketch 1 was more accurate even though we now know it isnt and should definitely be disregarded).

I'm not buying, either.

moo

Last edited:
I keep going back to the vehicle "abandoned" at the social service building on the 13th between noon and 5pm. Who would have seen that vehicle or even noticed it? LE wasn't called until after 5pm about the girls being missing so that vehicle would have been gone.

Makes me think that during the course of the day (prior to the girls even going missing) a patrol car saw the vehicle parked at the building which was no longer occupied and found it out of sorts and called it in to run its tags. I hardly think the casual person passing by that building would take note of the vehicle being parked there especially having such specifics as to the time of noon til 5pm.

I wonder if there were any signs posted on that property (social service building) saying something like "No parking", "vehicles parked here will be towed at owners expense", "no trespassing" and so on. Such a sign at that property would make a patrol vehicle check out a vehicle parked there.

I agree with you. I think it should be utilized as a tool. I'm just sharing what I was told by LE in IN when I questioned why it had not been used in this case.

I agree it is complicated and varies by state. It is obviously a tool used in other cases.

This was the answer I received when I asked if it was a possibility with THIS case. I was told no. It's a chain of custody issue.
This is an awesome article on how April Tinsley's case was solved in Fort Wayne IN using familial DNA.
The Future of Crime-Fighting Is Family Tree Forensics
But I'm not sure of the status of the law in IN. Clearly it was used in this case. I think there is a bit of a disconnect in the law as there is a familial forensic DNA search that some states do through CODIS looking for related offenders, ie crime runs in families. Maybe that's only legal in some states and uses software IN doesn't have yet. But searching on GEDMatch doesn't require a court order so I think that is how they used it in the Tinsley case.

I keep going back to the vehicle "abandoned" at the social service building on the 13th between noon and 5pm. Who would have seen that vehicle or even noticed it? LE wasn't called until after 5pm about the girls being missing so that vehicle would have been gone.

Makes me think that during the course of the day (prior to the girls even going missing) a patrol car saw the vehicle parked at the building which was no longer occupied and found it out of sorts and called it in to run its tags. I hardly think the casual person passing by that building would take note of the vehicle being parked there especially having such specifics as to the time of noon til 5pm.

I wonder if there were any signs posted on that property (social service building) saying something like "No parking", "vehicles parked here will be towed at owners expense", "no trespassing" and so on. Such a sign at that property would make a patrol vehicle check out a vehicle parked there.

A witness saw the vehicle late in the morning, before Noon. The individual is a civilian.

I drove by the building in August of 2017, no signs were posted, and it was a building that was easy to miss. Same as the parking area where the girls were dropped off, easy to miss. You'd have to be looking for it in order to notice, and take note of, it.

No tags were run of the vehicle parked there, we'd know by now, in fact we would have known early on. LE stated early on they thought BG hitch hiked out of there, which I thought was ludicrous. Turns out at least one witness contacted LE in the those first couple of weeks about a vehicle parked at the abandoned building, but it wasn't until last week that LE mentioned it publicly. I find this odd, although similar tactics have been used in other high-profile investigations. Note they didn't give a description. the description I've seen is kinda vague.

JMO

I do think some people are just more observant of their surroundings. As an example, if I drove by a closed down building that always had an empty parking lot, then one day a car is parked there, I might take notice. It doesn't mean that I think anything criminal is happening or maybe I do. I just noticed it and was able to recall it later.

If 1 of the girls was in the video, why would LE cover it up. Especially if it's just snippet of her arm?
Because that’s not the full frame of the video. It’s been zoomed in. BG was much further away in the actual video that Libby took. They zoomed in so that the public could get a better look in hopes of identifying him.

IMO, shortcuts to docs related to suspects would not be on a desktop, especially one that is used during a presser presentation.
Maybe not but I imagine BG or his peeps went over that image with a fine toothed comb. It would have been ideal for letting him who wants to know what they know see a file or doc name.

Bridge Guy is still the suspect, though. He is the person depicted in the new sketch.
Just to be clear, it's the person in the old sketch that has been ruled out, not the guy on the bridge!

Just curious, did the SO look like the first sketch? I’m assuming you have seen a photo of him. Would be interesting to know how accurate that sketch was. Was the guy you’re talking about arrested in Delphi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatMeryl