Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #97

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Carter was made aware of the unattended vehicle early on, he wasn’t forthcoming about it at the one-year anniversary:

FOX59 also asked whether the killer fled in a vehicle or did he simply walk away?

Carter answered, "Um, likely. Walked a certain distance, yes. We don't have any indication that he was close by where he parked a vehicle, because we don't have any information on a vehicle."

New tips, new subpoenas in new year of hunting for Delphi killer
Good catch on this one!

What's everyone's thoughts about the fact that the ISP left a laptop desktop/background up on the projector screen for all to see for a time at the press conference? There were a lot of files/icons on that screen, all named.

Was this an accident or on purpose? Thoughts?

Definitely on purpose. I believe there was nothing accidental about the format of the PC, the identification of attendees, or every item of data revealed.

LE threw down a systematic gauntlet.

In my industry, showing your desktop to customers during a presentation is not the professional standard of conduct, due to the possibility of unintentionally communicating information about other customers, particularly under non-disclosure agreements. Given ISP and FBI involvement, I would not expect this to have happened nor for it to be up there as long as it was if it were unintentional, particularly to a world-wide audience.
I agree. I've worked for companies that we had to be careful about what we had on our screens and desks because some of our clients were competitors of other clients. You don't want someone from Coke passing by and seeing material we're working on for Pepsi. We were trained to be very discreet and strict. I also worked a public agency that has a very strict guidelines about any materials left out - nothing could be visible to the public at all. I worked directly with the public, which meant I essentially had a clear desk and only our own webpage on the screen.

It's hard for me to imagine that flash of the desktop screen was an accident at the press conference...but, then again, people mess up so it's possible it was a mistake.

jmo

Definitely on purpose. I believe there was nothing accidental about the format of the PC, the identification of attendees, or every item of data revealed.

LE threw down a systematic gauntlet.
I worry about every action at the PC being perceived to be intelligently designed. Was the ' noon-5pm on Feb 14th vehicle that was Abandoned' and subsequent correction and clarification the following day, also part of the plan?

Et snip incomplete further example

Last edited:
Just curious, did the SO look like the first sketch? I’m assuming you have seen a photo of him. Would be interesting to know how accurate that sketch was. Was the guy you’re talking about arrested in Delphi?
I don't think anyone knows who the guy in the first sketch is.
For all we know, it may not be anybody in particular, it's just a sketch drawn from a witness description and possibly from the video.
I don't believe LE has said anything other than it is not the suspect. Imo

Just a what if. BG gave the description for the OBG sketch. Didn't they come forward a few months after the murders. The SO that was arrested posted about the Delphi murders. BG sees that post and uses his picture as inspiration for his description of OBG. Just a what if and MOO

If Carter was made aware of the unattended vehicle early on, he wasn’t forthcoming about it at the one-year anniversary:

FOX59 also asked whether the killer fled in a vehicle or did he simply walk away?

Carter answered, "Um, likely. Walked a certain distance, yes. We don't have any indication that he was close by where he parked a vehicle, because we don't have any information on a vehicle."

New tips, new subpoenas in new year of hunting for Delphi killer

Wow. That is disconcerting.

Just a what if. BG gave the description for the OBG sketch. Didn't they come forward a few months after the murders. The SO that was arrested posted about the Delphi murders. BG sees that post and uses his picture as inspiration for his description of OBG. Just a what if and MOO
I thought of that possibility as well. That he gave them that description to throw LE off. Not of anyone in particular though.
It was apparently five months after the murder.
It would be pretty daring and a big risk for him to do that, though. Also I would think LE would know exactly who he was, unless he gave them false information about his identity.
But they did say they have likely interviewed him.

Last edited:
I have to think that the desktop was shown on purpose.
Too much information on there to be an accident.
Of course some things may not be related to this case.
It could be Carter was so distraught he just wanted to leave and in his haste made a mistake.
In my opinion I think he knows the BG personally or is close to his family.

I thought of that possibility as well. That he gave them that description to throw LE off. It was apparently five months after the murder.
It would be pretty daring and a big risk for him to do that, though. Also I would think LE would know exactly who he was, unless he gave them false information.
But they did say they have likely interviewed him.
They may have and the conversation could go like this...Oh yeah I was there 5 months ago. Sorry I did not come in sooner, ummm yea there was this one guy.

I worry about every action at the PC being perceived to be intelligently designed. Was the ' noon-5pm on Feb 14th vehicle that was Abandoned' and subsequent correction and clarification the following day, also part of the plan?

Et snip incomplete further example

I’ve really started wondering about the word choice of “abandoned”. It was so out of place and led to so much misunderstanding yet he was clearly reading at the time.

Could it be a psychological “trigger word”?

I’ve really started wondering about the word choice of “abandoned”. It was so out of place and led to so much misunderstanding yet he was clearly reading at the time.

Could it be a psychological “trigger word”?
I think it was a poorly written and/or mistakenly delivèred version of saying a vehicle was parked at the abandoned building? MOO

One thing I'm curious to hear everyone's thoughts on – files from the press conference seem to indicate a red Chrysler Aspen was the vehicle spotted at the abandoned CPS building. Has anyone looked up whether such a car was sold in the Carroll County/Lafayette area in the wake of the murders/since?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member