Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #97

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
the biggest clue for me about this guy is libbys phone.
anyone with HALF a brain would have destroyed it. JUST IN CASE.
so, imo he didn't realise she had a phone and if it didn't cross his mind to check that's a pretty old school mentality, maybe an egg short of a dozen?
likely older is my assumption.

the only other explanation imo for him not destroying libbys phone is because she ditched it unawares to him.
but if it comes to light libs phone was on her than I stand firmly on he is not clever and not sharp and most likely LE are suspicious of who he is.

moo

Maybe he was in a hurry and although aware of the phone, had to leave the scene due a number of reasons such as people in the vicinity etc. Therefore having no time to search for the phone. I, unlike many others, do not think BG is of inferior intelligence. My guess is he moderate to above average. Jmo

The military has been using this technology for years. They can track the movement and conversations of known terrorists using voice recognition. Doesn't matter if they use burner phones, or switch burner phones every 5 minutes. They track the voice.

This article questions the reliability of voice analysis.

“For years, movies and television series like CSI paint an unrealistic picture of the “science of voices.” ...”

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/voice-analysis-should-be-used-with-caution-in-court/
Voice Analysis Should Be Used with Caution in Court

I have nothing to offer this investigation, because what is needed is the identity of the perpetrator, and with me living in a far distant country, I could never offer this information. This is why I have never posted, even though I have followed every single thread since day dot.

Therefore the following observations are just me voicing my opinion. They really are useless, so scroll by if you're hoping for something useful!

This is, in every respect, the most bizarre crime I've ever come across. Mainly due to the amount of official information released, which not only gives us no information, but contradicts itself in each part. In the initial press conference we were given an image and an audio recording. I can't remember the exact statement, but we were left with the information that the voice and the image may not both belong to the same person, and yet there is not definitively more than one person involved. Or the other way around; the audio and image may both be of one person, but that doesn't mean they are the only person involved.

This is followed by a sketch of a face, which we can place on the image of the individual we have come to know as BG, and who we consider to be the offender.

Then in the most recent presser, more than 2 years on, we are told that that image is considered to be 'secondary', and a new (original) completely different sketch is now depicting the suspect. An image which is totally different in colour, age, structure, hair set and expression. No explanation why, or what we should make of the first sketch.

If I were someone who was local and had an inkling about someone, all of these inconsistencies would prevent me from exploring my suspicions further

Zachary Adams? (Holly Bobo)

Good answer. ZA was even dumb enough to participate in the search for Holly. This was definitely one of those cases where the perps were on LE radar very early on, and the whole town was gossiping about them, but it wasn't in the mainstream media and it took a long time to arrest them.

People don’t need to know how the crime was committed, in order to provide worthwhile tips.

If a tip is contingent upon knowing how the crime happened, then its probably a garbage tip to begin with.

They want tips from people who actually saw something, or from people who suspect someone they have had contact with.

You either know something, or you don’t.

You know, that is absolutely right.

Someone who outright has familiarity with the people who live in the area would be better outfitted to call in the right tip if there is an iota of suspicion. It would simply be the right thing to do.

All the same, from what I have read here today from experts is that there is a high risk of reoffending from BG.

Which scenario is more likely?...

The girls ran from BG at some point when they got down the hill and they knew where to cross the creek. Then he caught up with them.
Or...
He knew the area well enough to know where to cross the creek and led them to the area where they were found. This seems unlikely to me due to the fact that he would be wet and stand out even more to possible witnesses.
Or..
Did they double back across the bridge? (extra time?)

Does it even matter?

Last edited:
I have nothing to offer this investigation, because what is needed is the identity of the perpetrator, and with me living in a far distant country, I could never offer this information. This is why I have never posted, even though I have followed every single thread since day dot.

Therefore the following observations are just me voicing my opinion. They really are useless, so scroll by if you're hoping for something useful!

This is, in every respect, the most bizarre crime I've ever come across. Mainly due to the amount of official information released, which not only gives us no information, but contradicts itself in each part. In the initial press conference we were given an image and an audio recording. I can't remember the exact statement, but we were left with the information that the voice and the image may not both belong to the same person, and yet there is not definitively more than one person involved. Or the other way around; the audio and image may both be of one person, but that doesn't mean they are the only person involved.

This is followed by a sketch of a face, which we can place on the image of the individual we have come to know as BG, and who we consider to be the offender.

Then in the most recent presser, more than 2 years on, we are told that that image is considered to be 'secondary', and a new (original) completely different sketch is now depicting the suspect. An image which is totally different in colour, age, structure, hair set and expression. No explanation why, or what we should make of the first sketch.

If I were someone who was local and had an inkling about someone, all of these inconsistencies would prevent me from exploring my suspicions further

Not that it answers a whole lot of questions, LE released an update the day after the Press Conference:

Indiana State Police also issued the following clarification about the two sketches:
  • They are not the same person
  • The person depicted in the originally released sketch is not presently a person of interest in this investigation
  • The sketch released on April 22nd is representative of the face of the person captured in the video on Liberty German’s cell phone as he was walking on the high bridge
  • The person in the sketch released April 22nd is described as having a youthful appearance, but could fall in the age range from his 20’s to late 30’s
  • This person’s appearance could look different today if he has grown a mustache, beard or let his hair grow longer or cut his hair shorter than depicted in the sketch
ISP: First Delphi sketch is not POI in murders

The girls ran from BG at some point when they got down the hill and they knew where to cross the creek. Then he caught up with them.
Or...
He knew the area well enough to know where to cross the creek and led them to the area where they were found. This seems unlikely to me due to the fact that he would be wet and stand out even more to possible witnesses.

Does it even matter?

It does matter.

I am biased because I think the circles of acquaintances from the girls is so far, they would not have recognized him, but that is my opinion.

On the other hand, I would not be surprised if there was some sort of casual knowledge between BG and the families or friends of the girls. We shall see.

the biggest clue for me about this guy is libbys phone.
anyone with HALF a brain would have destroyed it. JUST IN CASE.
so, imo he didn't realise she had a phone and if it didn't cross his mind to check that's a pretty old school mentality, maybe an egg short of a dozen?
likely older is my assumption.

the only other explanation imo for him not destroying libbys phone is because she ditched it unawares to him.
but if it comes to light libs phone was on her than I stand firmly on he is not clever and not sharp and most likely LE are suspicious of who he is.

moo

Here is something that I can not fathom.

Her dad called pretty soon, maybe she was alive. No answer, and with all subsequent calls, the phone would go to VM.

Was she so smart as to switch it off? Or put on “mute” and then it lost power? Lots of photos, a video, lots of battery life lost. Maybe he did see it but with the power being off, decided it was off for a while? Because taking the phone with you is a huge burden, it starts traveling with yours.

Perhaps he wanted to avoid the liability of carrying her phone, and since it was dead, merely left it with her?

It does matter.

I am biased because I think the circles of acquaintances from the girls is so far, they would not have recognized him, but that is my opinion.

On the other hand, I would not be surprised if there was some sort of casual knowledge between BG and the families or friends of the girls. We shall see.

Honestly when this case started I thought it was highly likely that the perp likely had some connection to the girls.

As the days, months and then years have gone by I find it more and more unlikely that they had any idea who this individual was

And currently I think its almost a certainty that they had no idea who this guy was

JMO

Or...
Or..
Did they double back over the bridge?

Does it even matter?

Does it matter? Actually, that’s a very good point.

I have never followed a trial where the prosecution put forth a theory involving the sequence of events that led to a murder and the defendant offered a correction “no, you’re wrong on that, it happened this way!”

Last edited:
guys is not gender neutral
just sayin' ...

It's very neutral and common where I live. I interact with kids all the time in my job and use "guys" when speaking to a group of girls. I also use it frequently when talking to female relatives, and even the exact tone that BG uses, I've used when younger female relatives are doing something they shouldn't be doing.

Here is something that I can not fathom.

Her dad called pretty soon, maybe she was alive. No answer, and with all subsequent calls, the phone would go to VM.

Was she so smart as to switch it off? Or put on “mute” and then it lost power? Lots of photos, a video, lots of battery life lost. Maybe he did see it but with the power being off, decided it was off for a while? Because taking the phone with you is a huge burden, it starts traveling with yours.

Perhaps he wanted to avoid the liability of carrying her phone, and since it was dead, merely left it with her?
Our clever Libby, the hero. We will get him because of her cleverness.

He likely never noticed the phone because she knew what was happening and knew it would be her last brave act. She hid it well, and he was absorbed with his murderous acts no doubt. Such a smart girl.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Honestly when this case started I thought it was highly likely that the perp likely had some connection to the girls.

As the days, months and then years have gone by I find it more and more unlikely that they had any idea who this individual was

And currently I think its almost a certainty that they had no idea who this guy was

JMO

I totally get it. I studied this case so hard in the beginning, I even had a dream about it.

I don’t think the girls knew him personally, could be wrong, but I think he is was looking, hunting, most likely alone, and came across the perfect situation. Something might have interfered, like one or both girls not complying, but he still killed them and walked away. If there was any interference, it came from the girls, or from hearing the person who was scheduled to pick them up calling for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evremevremm