Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #98

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the same reaction - why would they need to confirm the shoe color to know they found the girls??

jmo
Stating the obvious, he had harmed them to the point of not being easily identifiable. LE has certainly advised of nightmarish nature.
This coward will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, and then will have to try his luck with the “law” his new neighbors in prison will exact.

I say this every time there is a particularly horrific crime; we need to outsource our violent offenders to the Mexican prison system. They aren’t much for three hots and a cot, or child killers. Might make miscreants think twice.

Amateur opinion and speculation

The fact they were alive, then he left them dead is far more significant than any body positioning, I think. Although he caused those deaths, the girls are now in heaven, was my interpretation of what he said.
I wish I believed that was what he meant. Afraid to say I think it was aimed at people protecting the killer, so they could feel horror and disgust imagining what it meant. He was SO angry at that point in the presser. Just my (unfortunate) opinion.

He also said “we may have already spoken to you or to somebody who knows you.” or something like that. If LE knew who he was, he needn’t be so vague.

Agreed. I am stunned that so many people think police know who this is, yet are carrying on in “coded phrases” instead of skipping press conferences and addressing individuals close to him, as I believe would be the case.

Yeah, I think that anyone who thinks there is going to be some major development in the near future, is going to be disappointed.

I’m sure there will be an update as the circumstances warrant, but that very well may be weeks or months from now.

We just don’t know what is going to come out of this latest press conference (tips), or where the investigation stands.

I feel the same way because Carter said,

"The family: I hope that you all will give them some time because we're going to be asking that there's no media inquiry or no media response for at least the next two weeks and I hope you understand why. The family found out about this about this information this morning."
And:
"Please be patient with us. Please. We're just beginning. We are, we are just now beginning."

I see nothing in those words that would make me think the 2 week mark will be anything other than a time when some media outlets might approach the families for media comments; after holding off from doing so for 2 weeks.

I have the same reaction - why would they need to confirm the shoe color to know they found the girls??

jmo

I watched the Dr Phil show. Kelsi said she was out searching not too far from where the bodies were found. I recall her saying when the two bodies were discovered somebody yelled over to her to ask the shoe color in order to determine if the two bodies were indeed the two missing girls. Considering the shock and trauma of never expecting to find the two girls dead, IDing the bodies in that way is far more respectful than the alternative - asking her to go over, to have a look to tell them if that was her dead sister and sister’s friend. At that point the search would’ve been called off and LE notified.

Greetings and welcome! Regarding the phone, yes, I believe as well he may have taken Libby's phone. How could he not have noticed Libby taking picture(s) of Abby just a few minutes earlier on the bridge! He gets even more enraged, when Libby threatens him to have recorded him on her phone and that the recording was stored on the cloud! He pulls his gun and grabs Libby's phone, so he could deal with it later.

Having said that..here is what may be the TWIST in the case IMO: It is very possible, that at least one girl tried to escape (either via creek or else) and BG went through the roof. He may have incapacitated one of the girls stante pede and caught the other one shortly after, fight ensues, HE LOSES LIBBY'S PHONE unbeknownst to him at that time. He murders the girls. He realizes the phone is gone..by now he has to take off..

Consequently there would be a great chance IMO, that BG CAME BACK AND HELPED SEARCHING FOR THE GIRLS. He looks different now, but he will have a reason in case his DNA or cigarette (?) or chewing gum (?) is found. And he is looking for the phone just so to make sure it won't be found in case Libby did not upload it to the cloud..or he wants to see what's on it.

All IMO, as always.

-Nin

Nin, your theory seems quite likely about the phone.
The statement "BG CAME BACK AND HELPED SEARCHING FOR THE GIRLS", fits in well.
Now his DNA is present nearby.

Also at the PC it was indicated BG could be in the room.
MOO.

I totally agree.
this conference was planned to the last inch from the advertising and timing of it .Carter wanted B G to be there or if not him some one very,very close to him.
He chose the holiday so if someone was working or at college in another place they would be staying with family locally.
Carter knows.
to the killer, who MAY be in this room.

I wish I believed that was what he meant. Afraid to say I think it was aimed at people protecting the killer, so they could feel horror and disgust imagining what it meant. He was SO angry at that point in the presser. Just my (unfortunate) opinion.
Delete

“Kelsi German helped searchers identify the bodies by the color of her sister’s shoes.

“I yelled down to them. I told them they were Lilly’s shoes,” she said. “They yelled again that they found them.”

Mike Patty, Libby’s grandfather, said the attacker somehow made the girls feel vulnerable.

“Was it a gun or a knife, was it some sort of weapon, or the girls, they would say, ‘I’m not going down the hill, are you crazy.’”

Delphi murders discussion on Dr. Phil fuels hope that case will be solved
DEC 13TH, 2017

(This article has written “Lilly” which is obviously an error.)

Target sells some shoes called "Lilly;" not sure what there was in that year.

Agreed. I am stunned that so many people think police know who this is, yet are carrying on in “coded phrases” instead of skipping press conferences and addressing individuals close to him, as I believe would be the case.

Yes and I sure hope people in and around Delphi don’t have the same preconceived notion.

If everyone thinks LE knows who this person is, why would anyone bother calling in a tip about someone they’re suspicious of......if police already know he’s responsible?

I totally agree.
this conference was planned to the last inch from the advertising and timing of it .Carter wanted B G to be there or if not him some one very,very close to him.
He chose the holiday so if someone was working or at college in another place they would be staying with family locally.
Carter knows.

So the local (and possibly speculative) aspect of the case has me thinking. Hopefully one of the investigators or members of the public will have an epiphany about the more local aspect of BG and his prior, or current, familiarity with the goings on in Delphi.

I just wonder. Did BG have some way of knowing the girls would be alone at the bridge? I have always thought he was random and stumbled across them, but maybe he wasn’t random.

He is still alive. He had so many chances, sorry. After the killings, riddled with guilt; in a year around the anniversary, at any time. No, I think, it is not going to happen.

And actually, while I know of cases of double murder/suicide (the latest I read of was that poor grandmother raising two severely autistic twin boys, alone. Her daughter committed suicide the year before. So the grandma ended up shooting the twins and OD’ed herself. She survived, poor woman. Who can blame her, it was pure hopelessness and grief), these are usually exceptionally hopeless situations. I never read about anyone killing another person instead of himself.

Has anyone?

I think there is some psych theory that the homicidal and suicidal urges can be similar, but I think this particular murder seems aggressive and more targeted IMO (and I have NO formal psych training).

This is interesting to me. Anyone know if it matters that a prosecutor is sworn in at the time of arrest? Would be interesting in understanding the timing on his return. I hope it is so he can nail BG!

That's close to my thought which was, that he saw the new sketch and listened to the reasons and thought process of LE and said,
"Okay! Now we're cooking with gas." (and he came back)

Yes and I sure hope people in and around Delphi don’t have the same preconceived notion.

If everyone thinks LE knows who this person is, why would anyone bother calling in a tip about someone they’re suspicious of......if police already know he’s responsible?

Once again IMO, the LE, et al. are looking for more evidence and witnesses to make sure the crown will prosecute with utmost confidence.

Last edited:

Everyone in my area knows who killed Brookelyn Farthing (she has a thread on WS). It's one of our worst open secrets. When LE talks about getting justice for her death (cause we know she's dead) it's always an appeal to those around the dude. He'll probably never talk unless one day he commits another crime and needs a bargaining tool. They seem to think that targeting the people in his life and appealing to them is the way to go. The only real evidence got destroyed so until someone squeals and can actually show someone where the bodies are, I'm afraid this will remain "unsolved." In this case, however, there's presumably more evidence than in Brookelyn's so it seems to me like they wouldn't have to rely on others so much. IMO they don't have a specific suspect for the Delphi murders, but they may have several ideas of what kind of person did it-perhaps even an idea of vocation. They just need someone to come forward and help them tie all of it together.

Perhaps the shoe was off her and in another location or maybe she was buried under leaves and twigs and the shoe was the only thing that was visible?
Excellent point. If they were partially covered, the searcher wouldn't want to disturb the crime scene or evidence in order to see them well enough to identify them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member