Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #98

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It kind of struck me as off. Like if the shoes didnt match would they be like oh ok these aren't the people we are looking for so let's just ignore these bodies then. It is just the wording just isn't right to me.

They wouldn't have ignored the bodies, obviously.

But they would have had to ask a family member, like the sister who was right nearby, to come and look at the bodies, to make an ID. And that would have been very hard on her.:(

I believe it is typical to confirm what a missing person was wearing with a family member before announcing body was found. A friend died in an accident and was missing. His wife got a call from police asking again what he was wearing shortly before detectives arrived at her home to say they had found him deceased.

I keep concentrating on Supt. Carter's instructions to observe the gait and voice of BG. I believe it is someone well known and from a family respected in the community. I do not think a known drug user. I have one suspect in mind and this person has led somewhat of a public life. I am stumped as to motive. Perhaps like a timebomb waiting to explode and could have been over something as simple as girls giggling over something. Just my most recent thoughts. I usually dismiss rumors and speculation theories as they seem more like a 1600 witch hunt. Hope justice comes soon for the girls. Such a terrible loss for the families and the world.

I’m sure lots of people have had to go private, as a result of the harassment that has been going on.

I’d expect the perpetrator to do this (if he even had a Facebook), but I’d also expect it from innocent people.

There’s far more of those (innocent people), obviously.

I assume that the perpetrator kept his FB pristine, specifically because he is the perp. If so, why go private?

At the same time, people could probably look, if they find someone reminds them of the sketch, but not harass the person as “innocent until proven guilty”.

All the more so that - we know - people have spent 20 years behind bars for the crimes they did not commit, and have been exonerated by the DNA, too.

And much as we want this case to close and the perp to be punished, harassment on social media is the form of mob law, and we should be past it.

Disagree. Never lived in Indiana. We all say "guys" here. Still better than the Eastern side of the state that ssys"youins".

I'm in Ohio, and everyone outside of a very few "swanky" business districts in a couple big cities, we say, y'all, and all y'all. Ohio has a lot of people with Appalachian and/or southern roots. I mean, a high percentage. I noticed that Indiana is not part of Appalachia. Maybe that's partly the difference in "guys" vs. y'all??

They wouldn't have ignored the bodies, obviously.

But they would have had to ask a family member, like the sister who was right nearby, to come and look at the bodies, to make an ID. And that would have been very hard on her.:(

The identification of the bodies would not have taken place at the crime scene.

I'm in Ohio, and everyone outside of a very few "swanky" business districts in a couple big cities, we say, y'all, and all y'all. Ohio has a lot of people with Appalachian and/or southern roots. I mean, a high percentage. I noticed that Indiana is not part of Appalachia. Maybe that's partly the difference in "guys" vs. y'all??

I hear both here in Fort Wayne. This is influenced by both the Great Lakes region and Appalachia, which I find interesting as we're pretty far north.

I'd imagine "guys" is common around Delphi, but definitely north of there it would be more common, say closer to Gary, Hammond, South Bend, etc.

I keep concentrating on Supt. Carter's instructions to observe the gait and voice of BG. I believe it is someone well known and from a family respected in the community. I do not think a known drug user. I have one suspect in mind and this person has led somewhat of a public life. I am stumped as to motive. Perhaps like a timebomb waiting to explode and could have been over something as simple as girls giggling over something. Just my most recent thoughts. I usually dismiss rumors and speculation theories as they seem more like a 1600 witch hunt. Hope justice comes soon for the girls. Such a terrible loss for the families and the world.

However BG appeared to be loaded with tools, beneath the jacket and pants.
He was out ready for action, I would think.
MOO.

I have refrained from commenting on the ‘guys’ part but since we are talking about the youth, basically every single young YouTuber starts their posts with ‘Hey Guys!’ so much so that after hearing it on videos that my kids watch, that it’s stuck in my brain. I use ‘guys’ but at this point I REALLY associate it with the new generation.

I am pleased that you put 'me' in the new generation.
I have been using 'guys' since the 1980's.

Just putting this out there....if someone who may or not be related to this case, had public social media profiles and all of a sudden all his social media profiles were changed to private. Would you think 1) he is hiding? or 2) people may be harassing him?

This is just hypothetical...

1. Hiding. if identifying photos have been removed especially if they look like the sketch of the suspect, or if they connect the person to Delphi and everything is suddenly private that’s waving huge red flags in my opinion.

2. It’s possible the person is being harassed but I go by the old adage those with nothing to hide hide nothing.

However BG appeared to be loaded with tools, beneath the jacket and pants.
He was out ready for action, I would think.
MOO.
I thought of the same thing after I posted the above. The only thing I can come up with is he did not set out to hunt for humans. Maybe an animal killer and not a hunter. Maybe something set him off just before Valentine's Day. It does not make sense the public would not be in danger if he killed before. Someone who grew up sexually abused by one or both parents in a "respectable" family? There is a lot of maybes as to motivation with me.

Why is there so much discussion over a shoe? I don't see how it matters one way or another if/when a shoe was identified..

I’m behind in the discussion but a “shoe” can be very important for infinite reasons. First of all if it is confirmed as belonging to the victim you not only have a potential initial ID as with Kelsi/Libby in this case, but you may also have physical evidence.

Hypothetically for example, if the victims happened to be found barefoot, but there was no dirt on their feet, that would indicate they didn’t walk to the disposal location and were potentially killed elsewhere.

A shoe can hold all kinds of evidentiary value, for instance matching a print to help determine the wearer’s movements and route at/near the crime scene, etc.

A shoe is ultimately part of the victim’s clothing which could have biological evidence on it (either from the victim(s) and/or perp), and could also have botanical evidence on it.

We have seen so many episodes of Forensics Files, etc where a shoe turned out to be important...

In Hania Aguilar’s case her shoes were missing upon recovery. LE put a photo out of the type of shoes she had.

Shoes have “accidental” markings/wear patterns which are unique to each wearer and shoe making them a unique piece of evidence.

Again I haven’t caught up on the discussion as related to shoes specifically, but I could certainly imagine why discussion of them would be potentially significant as related to forensics, etc. The shoe discussion is especially important imo because really that’s one of the very few things that have been mentioned.

Last edited:
What if LE has a suspect, this new sketch is from his driver's license and LE just needs help to place him at the trail/parking spot that day. I know what they said, but they are allowed to mislead the public.
I've thought the same, and maybe LE had a report of his vehicle
in the parking space at time of murders. If we believe LE then
maybe they matched car to his driver's license within days of
crime.

I've thought the same, and maybe LE had a report of his vehicle
in the parking space at time of murders. If we believe LE then
maybe they matched car to his driver's license within days of
crime.
The owner then would have had to have given a very plausible explanation for his being there.Perhaps a well known and respected member of the community
LE must have believed it and put it in a no further action pile.
Something must have made them go back and realise they should have looked at this person more closely .
No wonder Carter was angry !Some one ,perhaps personally known by him and Unconditionally trusted, had the ability to steer the investigation in the wrong direction.
Hope now they are back on track an arrest will come very soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SierraShadow2139125