Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #98

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is so much there that makes sense.

I had always thought of BG as a cold blooded heartless killer, but rethinking the maturity angle and struggles that led to this moment.

Everyone has a story to tell. Going to get off here for a while and hope resolution comes soon for the families of their lost daughters.

I had updated my post as I messed up quoting Charlotte's questions and my answers. So, I reposted my thoughts in another thread. Just making sure you were aware in case you wanted to read them.

DISCLAIMER: First time poster here, in fact, I made profile just so I could my amateur opinion. Many of the things I say will read as common sense, or, a culmination of other things I've read, heard, or listened to that resonated with me. So, please do not thing in any way that I am passing my thoughts off as my own, or, rehashing things that may have been stated 2 years ago. I had to sift thru numerous closed threads that I really would've liked to have read in their entirety, but, alas, I am here to add my own thoughts...

...Sorry if this was all pretty heavy, but it is my opinion. I could be dead wrong on ALL points, but, it's just a culmination of all that I heard, and, what my intuition tells me. I hope they catch this soon

I agree with your thinking across the board. I just skew the perpetrator a bit younger as well as his intended victim. Possibly because I think he is still trying to gain a parents approval. I figure most adults realize their parents are human and flawed by their 30’s and get into therapy .
Since my “perp” is younger and dealing with early adult issues. I think his victim is too.
JMO

the image you linked is a crime scene in the spring - foliage everywhere - and the location of what appears to be a covered body is not anything like the location photographed below. It cannot be the same crime scene.

Check this out, the “Neev(sp) from “Catfish” reverse image trick” did not produce a hit on that particular image upon a quick search (first page only), but it did provide a hit on some other “related” images.

I’m sure these are all posted here somewhere, but while I’ve got them handy in one place, let me copy them over.

crime-scene-1.jpg

Police continue to search woods for evidence in Delphi double homicide

C5w4c5UWUAATbv6.jpg

Twitter

Delphi property owner: "I can't comprehend it"

C4zPedmXUAAzn73.jpg

Twitter

C4zhzo7WAAQh3C8

Mike Pelton
@MikePeltonABC15
Here is the area where Delphi teens were found dead. Property owner points out its very rough terrain
@rtv6
Twitter

<modsnipped hinting and baiting>
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...s-scanner-thread.333467/page-20#post-15039723

Last edited by a moderator:
I do not know if this has been discussed before, but obviously Libby got pictures, audio, a video? of this guy. I am wondering why she didn't call 911...

MOO she was only 14yo, he went from creepy guy to murderer in control in a flash. Maybe she could have run and called 911, but since she didn't she probably had to decide too quickly and the opportunity.

Has it ever been brought up that maybe that guy in the picture was wearing a toupee?

When I focus on his hair in the picture, something just doesn't look right. It is like the hair is too poofy to be real hair or hair looks colored, just something jumps out at me about that hair.

if this is true, why would they bleep the middle part out? it would be easier to ascertain his voice.

They're trying to keep most of what he said and what was recorded, from the public. That's so they can verify any confessions or statements by witnesses as to something someone might reveal.

Last edited:
Has it ever been brought up that maybe that guy in the picture was wearing a toupee?

When I focus on his hair in the picture, something just doesn't look right. It is like the hair is too poofy to be real hair or hair looks colored, just something jumps out at me about that hair.
Very good observation. I agree except I think the hair is real and is an embarrassment to the guy.

Nobody knows for sure perhaps she was worried about drawing his attention to her phone if he heard the 911 operator. It has been mentioned previously that the cell/mobile phone reception can be patchy in the bridge location. I personally think things got really bad so quickly that there wasn’t time for Liberty to even try and call 911.
Yeah. I think that by the time the girls realized they were truly in danger, it was way too late to call 911.

If this guy was wielding a weapon and threatening them with it, the last thing Libby would have thought about would be dialing 911.

If she drew her phone, he probably would have killed her where she stood.

MOO she was only 14yo, he went from creepy guy to murderer in control in a flash. Maybe she could have run and called 911, but since she didn't she probably had to decide too quickly and the opportunity.
I agree. He struck like a panther, more than likely grabbed one immediately subdued her perhaps with a stun gun and grabbed the other one immediately after. These girls had no time to react. I would be surprised if they even had time to think about where to put the phone. More than likely BG grabbed that as well. I hate to even think but if the 2 girls were zipped tied together he could control them as one.

Women have a habit of not wanting to overreact. For years, talk shows and books have tried to reprogram us to listen to alarm bells going off in our heads. So if women are hesitant to be seen as overreacting, to take our own gut feelings seriously after all we know of this world, how much more hesitant would a teenager be? I believe this is part of the answer.
So true So true JaneEyre,
Majorly important point you have made. And that's why young women must read Gavin de Becker's Gift of Fear. (JMO)

Although written by a man (tongue in cheek ; ha ha !), he illustrates how to protect oneself, as a female in our society. The book delineates how to live and respond to threats, from within that powerful "Intuitive" State.

More books on how to access that state should be written. This book (or an age-appropriate derivative) should be required reading in the schools! (MOO)

"Men are scared women will laugh at them. Women are scared men will kill them." (- paraphrasing here.)

I just think that Abby and Libby had NO TIME to do that. So Sad.

I sincerely hope that Justice is coming soon. Their families and the Good People of Delphi deserve this.

(Just my amateur opinion based on weird Life Experiences.)

The cell phone reception East of 1-65 is scattered and unreliable in that area. My family leaves in Lafayette and has in-laws near the Delphi area. Delphi is on I-25. Th3e in-laws are on I 26. It is hard to communicate by cellphone with them. They have to use land line.

Is the restriction on discussing anything learned from the scanner due to liability issues? Although I am respectful of rules I am alays interested in the "why". Are you able to explain the reason to us?
Raw scanner traffic and the transcripts might contain the names or other identifying information of individuals that have no connection whatsoever to the case. They may also contain information that law enforcement has not released to the public. They may also contain incidents or items that are not connected to the case at all. Keep in mind that just because two girls had been murdered doesn't mean that other incidents that require police response weren't taking place. Crime and/or the need for police doesn't take a break just because something major also happened. This is true with this case just as it is for other cases.

I do not know if this has been discussed before, but obviously Libby got pictures, audio, a video? of this guy. I am wondering why she didn't call 911...

She probably just felt he was creepy at first and then it all happened so fast. It's also always super easy to
second guess what someone could've or would do. But reality is often far different. I think they were recording themselves when they noticed the guy and kept going to capture the "creepy guy" menacing them. But when he suddenly came up super fast she probably dropped the phone into her pocket fast without doing anything else, so she could have her hands free to maybe defend herself.

She may not have knew it was a real danger until it was too late to call 911.

Also, with adrenaline rushing people don't always think perfectly logically. Some people freeze a little and/or go off instinct.

I had a situation where a person jumped up off the ground in the dark where I was parking my car and began screaming (unearthly) and rushing toward me. It was sudden and totally unexpected. I managed to quickly reverse my car into the street but once there my hands were shaking so bad it took me well over a minute to be able to dial 911 as this crazy person stood in the parking lot staring at me.

very astute. totally agree.

I could be way off base, especially bc I haven't been following this case until yesterday when I first heard LE update. MOO is that the LE PC was actually directed to the BG family (maybe friends) even though he said he was talking to the BG. I don't see any of his talk motivating the BG to confess. I do see it motivating family to feel ok about giving up what they know and coming to terms with the fact that he is the BG. Some of these thoughts are:
1. LE being so torn up and showing (rather dramatically and emotionally) how tough this case is as well as coming to terms that it is one of their own (community member). He's identifying with the BG's family and their tough situation.
2. LE referencing that BG still has a little conscience. The family may be thinking "there's no way he could have done this" bc they don't see him as not having a conscience & doing this heinous act.
3. LE referencing The Shack. I don't remember what that book/movie was about but I do know it had religious overtones. This was clearly sending some kind of direct message to someone and LE knows who that is (probably bc of the crime scene or they know who the family/BG are). It was such a random thing to insert into the PC.
4. LE referencing that the BG is part of our community (now or in the past) and could be right here with us - telling the family "we understand, he looks and acts like he's part of the family, part of the community but he is still capable of doing this crime". You, family, have to come to terms with that.
5. LE referencing what the family is going to think of BG once he is caught - letting the family know that they understand this was not their fault, they know the family is going to think badly of him, the family is not part of the crime, the family would never condone this murder, etc.
6. LE referencing the girls not being where the BG left them (can't remember how this was phrased). I think this speaks to both the BG and his family. A jab at the BG as well as a comfort to BG's family. It can all be over, the girls are not suffering any longer, put an end to it.

There may have been more but the main thing I took away from that PC was that he was not actually addressing the BG and a lot of what he was saying and doing had some specific people in mind, and that person was not me (ie. the general TV audience).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikkirhea