Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #98

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear @ejtheintj ,

Your post is excellent! I replied in my post #698 on previous page.

You can't miss the purple bolding.

Thank you! Oh, I see it now! I like your line of thinking...

I also posted #631 which kind of adds to my OP. Charlot123 disagreed with some of my original points in #642 and I really enjoyed her feedback.

I crudely did a copy and paste as I didn't quote properly, offering my rebuttal in #683. You probably read it, but just saying...

Here's somehing on it. It's called the Midland accent. Midland American English
I find this interesting.
I was born and raised in Indiana. I travel for work and people say I have an accent. Of course, I dont hear it. LOL.
It is not unusual to hear a southern drawl the further down south in Indiana you go.

I can’t imagine LE altering it when what they need is for someone to recognize his voice.

I wouldn't think LE would alter the recording either... but, imo, they did by enhancing the recording. The 3 recordings recently released are labeled as "enhanced." They don't sound the same as the originally released LE recording to me either. In the original LE recording the last word "hill" had a slightly higher tone at the end of the word "hill" (which is how my relatives in Illinois speak when making a serious request of any kind.) In the more recently released recordings, that very slightly higher tone at the end of the word "hill" is gone. This is just my opinion.

I wasn't asking if you agree - I was opening a convo about BG's use of language and tone of voice/accent. I thought I might get some useful contributions, instead of declarations of agreement/disagreement. oh well.

I really disagree with your pronunciations for midwesterners. I don’t find them accurate. Sorry.

Question, what do you guys think the reason is for this (property) change on the beacon schneider corp application:

Beacon - Carroll County, IN

I took the first screenshot as property reference not long after the murder. Sometime last year - I think - it was changed to designate an area between the RL properties and the properties across (app CS in blue frame) . When you click it it says "No information is available":

Attachments

• indiana property distributions 2a.png
    indiana property distributions 2a.png
    908.3 KB · Views: 62
  • delphi beacon property unclassified.png
    delphi beacon property unclassified.png
    831.3 KB · Views: 59
The cell phone reception East of 1-65 is scattered and unreliable in that area. My family leaves in Lafayette and has in-laws near the Delphi area. Delphi is on I-25. Th3e in-laws are on I 26. It is hard to communicate by cellphone with them. They have to use land line.

Thank you for posting this useful information I had wondered if it had improved any in the last couple of years. More needs to be done to improve the reception.

Has there been any initiatives to keep people safer in Delphi and beyond? I wish teens and people out on their own could be issued with personal alarms for example.

When you are triggered by fear, you activate your fight or flight responses. We need to teach people about adrenaline, fight or flight and which is better in a crisis. Not everyone chooses the same. In cases like this, we have to understand that flight is the better choice. I say this knowing that I tend to stay still in fear. My first instinct is not flight. I am acutely aware that I would have to be aware of that fact and make myself run.

Very good observation. I agree except I think the hair is real and is an embarrassment to the guy.

I just do not think that even a "disorganized" killer would try to commit a serious strenuous outdoor crime, wearing a toupee. They fall off. They shed hair.
Just weird. But maybe he had really good glue and I am not thinking correctly.

I've gone back and forth a million times about hair/hoodie/hat. I am mostly convinced now it is a hat - some kind of hunting hat.

Has it ever been brought up that maybe that guy in the picture was wearing a toupee?

When I focus on his hair in the picture, something just doesn't look right. It is like the hair is too poofy to be real hair or hair looks colored, just something jumps out at me about that hair.

I find this interesting.
I was born and raised in Indiana. I travel for work and people say I have an accent. Of course, I dont hear it. LOL.
It is not unusual to hear a southern drawl the further down south in Indiana you go.

As a side note..Interestingly BG would not have recognized his own voice on the ISP tape recording, all due to the fact that we hear our own voice through air and bone, but everyone else just hears our voice through the air.

-Nin

He will have a tough time adjusting initially, but he will quickly learn that he can play many roles in jail - entertainer, teacher, preacher, liar, chameleon, etc.

I feel like a rotten human for saying this, but he will also gain family in prison...

She probably just felt he was creepy at first and then it all happened so fast. It's also always super easy to
second guess what someone could've or would do. But reality is often far different. I think they were recording themselves when they noticed the guy and kept going to capture the "creepy guy" menacing them. But when he suddenly came up super fast she probably dropped the phone into her pocket fast without doing anything else, so she could have her hands free to maybe defend herself.

She may not have knew it was a real danger until it was too late to call 911.

Also, with adrenaline rushing people don't always think perfectly logically. Some people freeze a little and/or go off instinct.

I had a situation where a person jumped up off the ground in the dark where I was parking my car and began screaming (unearthly) and rushing toward me. It was sudden and totally unexpected. I managed to quickly reverse my car into the street but once there my hands were shaking so bad it took me well over a minute to be able to dial 911 as this crazy person stood in the parking lot staring at me.

I thought that the way A and L referred to "the creepy guy," they might have seen him earlier - near where they were dropped off? ...and while they thought he was "creepy," since he did not initially bother them, they did not think he was going to interact with them. IMO. (Would most people on the trail greet each other? Say "hello" or "nice day?")

Last edited:
Women have a habit of not wanting to overreact. For years, talk shows and books have tried to reprogram us to listen to alarm bells going off in our heads. So if women are hesitant to be seen as overreacting, to take our own gut feelings seriously after all we know of this world, how much more hesitant would a teenager be? I believe this is part of the answer.
I could not agree more.

I dont' think Delphi is overrun with crime. Here is my take.

There is a big drug issue in Lafayette and the surrounding areas. Purdue is in Lafayette. The police border on harrassing the homeless or people just walking. So much so, you don't see homeless around Lafayette.
My son was walking to work one day and was stopped. I've had my own experience with the police there during a traffic stop. They asked my why I was in Lafayette. It was an odd question. I am giving these experiences to note that I am not bashing LE.
They are very protective of the reputation of Lafayette because of Purdue.

You can note this by the scanner calls after the pick came out. Stores were calling police on people just walking or outside by their stores and a laundromat. You dont see many people walking or homes in Lafayette. I notice that because in my city ,we always walk.

Therefore, the homeless have to go somewhere. Delphi is the next town north. It is one exit from the Purdue exit .

I've always maintained that BG is homeless or a traveler. Delphi is not very far from the exit. Time will tell.

sorry... just learning how to put the quote i'm replying to in here. i wasn't asking what bg stands for, i was saying maybe bg was the one with access to the crime scene photos!

Most often the Reply button is needed — if responding to just one person. The threads read wonky when we don’t know who is being addressed, or whose specific question answered. :)

so what I'm wondering is, does his way of saying "guys", "down", and "hill" sound midwestern? or is there something different about it?

I tend to think the interest in the audio is the difference in vocal range for the word "guys" and that it ends with a higher intonation and the lower range for "down the hill" that ends with a low intonation. But how is that significant?

I find this interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikkirhea