Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams & Liberty (Libby) German - The Delphi Murders - #149

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He looks so much like the wanted poster. Makes me wonder if he's been questioned at some point - just for that reason - but had a semi-decent alibi.
One thing he had going for him was his age. If I recall, at one point they were looking for someone between the ages of 18-40.

This guy is also a bit shorter than the description.

Perhaps not. If he was at the CVS Pharmacy, at their age they wouldn’t be going there often if at all. It’s not like some had speculated years ago, that he would be prominent in the community, although in a sense he was— but not a cop, a teacher, a choir master, a minister….

I agree with this. I would think an adult would pick up prescriptions from CVS.

JMVHO.

If he's managed to stay "hidden" this long in such a high profile case (if he is guilty, which I expect to be the conclusion), what's to say he didn't also get away with other cases which were lower profile?
I'm more confused by there not being a prior criminal record here. I can't ever remember a man his age, committing a crime like this.

Usually there's a build up to it; people don't wake up one day and become double child killers.

I fully expected arrests for drugs and sex offenses, and not an apparent family man with a steady job.

I'm stunned, and actually a bit rattled. He broke the mold.

What a year to be alive!
Delphi Murders and Long Island Serial Killer have been cased that kept me up at night.
Today i'm so happy to see it solved.
Hopefully i see The Long Island Serial Killer solved during my lifetime.

Why would he come out and confess now after 5, almost 6, years? Especially to his wife? Doesn’t make sense IMO, but stranger things have happened I guess. I feel he was content in thinking he was going to get away with this for the remainder of his life. JMO.
Yeah its true that after a near 6 year gap it be odd to confess . Mabe she was prodding and probing him over the years and then he finally broke down.

JMO

I agree with this. I would think an adult would pick up prescriptions from CVS.

JMVHO.
Prescriptions, yes. But my kid loooves going to CVS and we live in a large metropolitan area with CVS on just about every corner. They have all kinds of toys and candy and things in there that would interest kids. Especially ones living in a small town where there’s not a lot to do without driving somewhere else. Not saying that they would have known him or anything, just my opinion that it’s possible they crossed paths at some point IRL.

IIRC, an item of the girls' clothing was missing from the crime scene.

Is it possible LE found this in the burn pit?

JMVHO.
5 yrs later? anything is possible but it was not much of a burn pit then, IMO

I wonder if they have electronic phone evidence finally teased out of a mass of data... or a DNA match

Perhaps not. If he was at the CVS Pharmacy, at their age they wouldn’t be going there often if at all. It’s not like some had speculated years ago, that he would be prominent in the community, although in a sense he was— but not a cop, a teacher, a choir master, a minister….
Kids go to CVS all the time. Soda, candy, chips etc.

Assuming RA is the killer, I wonder what his wife and family think. Are they saying “No way” or are pieces sort of falling into place that they’ve wondered about and dismissed? Or did his wife uncover evidence and turn him in? If so, can you imagine how she must feel? I can’t. Her world just fell apart. She is as much a victim as Libby and Abby’s families, but in a different way. I feel so sorry for all the families, and most of all for Libby and Abby. May justice come.

True confession...I've stood back from this case as it was WELL covered by many, many WSers.
And now the thread is flying.

Would someone be willing to update those of us just checking in to understand the latest arrest implications?
Was Richard Allan on the radar and under discussion anywhere here? Did he have any connection to the Logan property? Were there any rumors of him being 'Bridge Guy'? (BG for those of you, like me, who aren't used to the lingo for this case.)

BTW, it seems to have been a da*n fine sketch of the perp.

Thank you in advance. I know that I have no hope of catching up on this case.

And, most importantly, I want to give the biggest virtual hug to Abby and Libby's loved ones. This must be have the most emotional week in a long time.
Anyone? Anyone? Beuller?
Not one of you will give us the Cole's Notes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StephenWiltshire