Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams & Liberty (Libby) German - The Delphi Murders - #150 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to put it out there that I’m thoroughly impressed with Carter and everyone working on this case. I was impressed from the start but have to admit I had started to question Carter’s comments at that one press conference in which he stated there has been a change in the investigation. He seemed so certain of his words and how he was describing the murderer so I just knew it wouldn’t be long…but it was long and I started to lose faith. I began to doubt that LE actually knew as much as Carter made it seem. I started to believe he was just eccentric and there was little behind his words. BOY was I WRONG! He described this guy (if this is truly the guy) very accurately. Below are just a few comments but I recall others that match.

“We also believe this person is from Delphi- currently, or has previously lived here, visits Delphi on a regular basis, or works here.”

“We believe this person is currently between the age range of 18 and 40 (okay this was wrong) but might appear younger than his true age.”

“We believe you were hiding in plain sight.”

“…I believe that when an arrest is made — and I still think that will happen, that we’ll be able to lay those two sketches over one another and remove them and find the face of the killer.”

Now, I’m curious if he was accurate about these comment:

“We likely have interviewed you or someone close to you.”

“We are confident that you have told someone what you have done, or at the very least they know because of how different you are since the murders.”

“No, and I hope one day [when the case is solved] that everyone knows what we know, and I think you’ll be surprised.”

All taken from press conferences, interviews, and this link Indiana State Police leader on Delphi murders: 'I wish we could tell people what we know'

I want to say that I’m sorry for any doubts that I had but have always supported LE conducting this investigation.

All IMO

Imagine smiling playing pool all the while your wanted photo on a wall behind you. This guy is brazen

Just so very thankful for an arrest !! My heart goes out to so very many. Have watched so many reports and updates for at least the last two years. Thinking that it might never be solved !!! Early on it seemed that they might be looking for a certain weapon. A blade or a knife that might cause a certain injury. Obviously they are not looking for a gun. A gun may have been used to threaten the girls - but from all reports - it was not killing instrument. So my mind goes to the actual weapon - the blade. And that it might have been unique. Something coveted by the killer. Maybe tossed later. Burn pit. River. But seemingly used in this crime. So then my mind kind of works as to - why that weapon ? If a need to murder - then why all of the blood ?? Strangulation would be much easier. It does not seem SA was involved. But some sort of staging was. And a blade. I honestly think the motive comes down to the weapon and why it was used. A need to use that blade. A special blade. Maybe home made. Maybe trying it out.

Article from
April 22 2019

The new sketch shared Monday depicts a man who appears much younger than the original sketch. Carter said the old sketch is now being considered secondary.

Master Trooper Taylor Bryant, a sketch artist with Indiana State Police who drew the new sketch, told IndyStar a sketch is based on how a particular witness describes the suspect. If there are several witnesses, Bryant would draw a sketch for each description. Bryant did not draw the sketch that police released in July 2017.

"The witness is the main focus. So there’s no input from law enforcement at all in the generating of a sketch, other than my presence as the artist."

Bryant uses a "facial identification reference sheet" that has a list of different categories, from head shapes to different eyebrows and noses. The person will describe the suspect based on those categories. "(It's) easier to do that than to describe (the suspect) using just words," Bryant said.

The sketch released on Monday was drawn by Bryant on Feb. 17, 2017, a few days after the victims' bodies were found. The picture was based on the description of a person who saw something that the person felt needed to be reported, according to Bryant.

Police are also looking to identify the driver of a vehicle that was parked at an abandoned CPS/DCS/Welfare building on the east side of County Road 300 North, near the Hoosier Heartland Highway.
Later on, in 2019, they told the public the two sketches were of 2 different men….: “On Wednesday, police emphasized that a new sketch of a suspect’s face is not supposed to be a different take on a composite sketch of a heavier, older-looking man. They are, according to Indiana State Police Sgt. Kim Riley, not the same person.”

Wondering if they still think so…

It's amazing what focus hindsight can provide.

I realize now that something always bugged me about BG's jeans. Now I know - it's the leg length that was off. Way off. It seems obvious now that BG is a very short man.
I don't know why, I just always thought he was wearing someone else's pants (eg father's, Goodwill)

I am glad that the case is moving. I haven’t been here recently because not for a second did I believe in KAK or JBC being the culprits.

This man, RA, if accused, fits in.- in so many ways. I always felt, and posted, that it would be someone maybe selling cellphones locally, or such. Someone knowing a lot about the locals, but being invisible. So a pharmacy tech in a local pharmacy absolutely hits the marks.

I never expected him to be from Delphi proper, though. (However, the police always said, local - kudos to them!) It might have taken him a lot to plan, if he lived so closely, and flew under the radar for such a long time.

Maybe he was afraid to branch off, but planned to, eventually. However, the loudness of the case scared him.

ETA: wonder if he was part of the search groups, or not.

My guess is that there's been a lot of behind the scenes work before now ?
Glad LE were able to keep it under wraps, very little information until now.
I'm curious if RA was taken by surprise ?
M00
MOO wasn’t the RA home burn pit searched by warrant a week ago?

I missed the whole thing, but in any case that was a big warning to RA.

It's amazing what focus hindsight can provide.

I realize now that something always bugged me about BG's jeans. Now I know - it's the leg length that was off. Way off. It seems obvious now that BG is a very short man.
You are absolutely correct. I just looked at the still photos from the video, BG has short legs. Some people in the past had speculated that he was not wearing his own clothes because they looked to big on him. I think what made them look to big on him was possibly a short man wearing regular size clothing.

I want to put it out there that I’m thoroughly impressed with Carter and everyone working on this case. I was impressed from the start but have to admit I had started to question Carter’s comments at that one press conference in which he stated there has been a change in the investigation. He seemed so certain of his words and how he was describing the murderer so I just knew it wouldn’t be long…but it was long and I started to lose faith. I began to doubt that LE actually knew as much as Carter made it seem. I started to believe he was just eccentric and there was little behind his words. BOY was I WRONG! He described this guy (if this is truly the guy) very accurately. Below are just a few comments but I recall others that match.

“We also believe this person is from Delphi- currently, or has previously lived here, visits Delphi on a regular basis, or works here.”

“We believe this person is currently between the age range of 18 and 40 (okay this was wrong) but might appear younger than his true age.”

“We believe you were hiding in plain sight.”

“…I believe that when an arrest is made — and I still think that will happen, that we’ll be able to lay those two sketches over one another and remove them and find the face of the killer.”

Now, I’m curious if he was accurate about these comment:

“We likely have interviewed you or someone close to you.”

“We are confident that you have told someone what you have done, or at the very least they know because of how different you are since the murders.”

“No, and I hope one day [when the case is solved] that everyone knows what we know, and I think you’ll be surprised.”

All taken from press conferences, interviews, and this link Indiana State Police leader on Delphi murders: 'I wish we could tell people what we know'

I want to say that I’m sorry for any doubts that I had but have always supported LE conducting this investigation.

All IMO
I agree with you and I'm not as annoyed by Carter as some but....he is a little eccentric though.

At first I thought his rather unique way of speaking related specifically to this case but I've since seen him at some other press conferences related to different Indiana crimes and my conclusion is it's just his general speaking style. IMO

It would be good if Monday's press conference will give us at least *some* answers, but I have a feeling it's not going to live up to the 3 day "hype."

I really hope I'm wrong.
There will be the charges and then at some point the Arrest Affidavit.
I wonder if the charges will be murder or an obstruction charge, so far only “in connection with” has been stated.

I don't know why, I just always thought he was wearing someone else's pants (eg father's, Goodwill)
Following, all my own thoughts, to what lead to an arrest.
Hope the clothes he wore, were found, stashed away in a bag (out of site), with his DNA present.
Could these have been found at the home, by a family member?
MOO.

Yes just thinking back how it was often speculated here that some sort of personal traumatic incident occurred around the time that set off the killer. Now a suspect has been identified who from all outward appearances is just plain ordinary - gainfully employed, husband, father - and he’s not the “creepy guy” many would’ve expected. We still know next to nothing of his background, just his name and a few pics, so we’re missing more than a few pieces to the puzzle. But it certainly could have been a one off depending where his life was at the time, which by no means excuses his despicable deed. JMO
<modsnip>
This must be devastating to his family.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads