Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams & Liberty (Libby) German - The Delphi Murders - #151 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes my curiosity about cases causes me to lose the bigger picture. I'm currently hung up on wanting to know the details that led to his arrest.

But, it is hitting me this morning: A GROWN MAN targeted young girls.

As Doug Carter said, "Only a coward would do that."

A grown man WANTED to hurt innocent young people - and wanted to hurt everyone who learned about the disturbing crime. That's not human.

Effing coward.

Just my opinion.

p.s. the presser is in about 1.5 hours for our international friends

My guess is he didn’t care about the phone because he had no idea he was recorded. He may have thought it was riskier to take it and possibly get caught with it than to just leave it [possibly on the ground?] Imagine if he took it home and someone in his household turned it on to see whose it was and it pinged at his house? Maybe he’s more aware of cell technology than we think. Moo

I wonder if she didn't drop the phone on purpose without him knowing or seeing it. I can't imagine what was going through Abby and Libby's minds. :(
Yes. Libby was smart and savvy enough to record what was about to happen and I believe she was also smart enough to discard her phone with this evidence to be retrieved at some point.

No matter how these sicko perps think they have covered their tracks, they always manage to leave something behind…this time it was video and audio…and maybe more.

I hope they reveal what it was that lead to the recent search of his property and seizure of his car. What was it?!

jmo

I know it’s not about me in the slightest, I’m just nosey and curious, but I’ll be super satisfied if this is all they tell us, apart from the charges etc. I just really want to know how they got him.

I second this. I would NEVER cooperate in a criminal investigation without my attorney present. And i would never commit heinous crimes. I have seen too many instances of innocent people being found guilty because investigators narrowed in on the wrong person with tunnel vision. I would NEVER take that chance.
If you want to know what happens when you cooperate with LE, just read the RL search warrant. It seems pretty damning when read in isolation of all other facts of the case.

Due to U.K clock change there is at the moment a 4 hour time difference between U.K and Indiana so press conference will be 2pm U.K time.
Yeah, I knew that but a good reminder for others :)

It’s definitely 2pm UK time as it’s 12pm now and it’s 8am in Delphi now :D
That's the missing piece to my puzzle! Thank you! My step grandparents live in Indiana and they are in central time zone and so I always think of indiana as central time even though they regularly talk about how easy it is to go from one tz to another there. I Should have engaged more brain cells.

My bad! Thanks for the correction!

What could they have found that led to his arrest? It has to be something physical in my mind, but what a risk to keep for so long.

-his clothing with A or L blood on it (would anyone be foolish enough to keep that for so long?)
-“souvenir” from the girls
-weapon used to commit the crime (again, would he keep that for 5.5 years?)
-girls blood or DNA in his vehicle
-video or photographs on his phone or computer

Sorry, it's 7 am here and I haven't been to bed, so I may ramble even more than I usually do. I hope not. I had quoted several posts to respond to, but I accidentally removed them instead of adding them so I'll just try to remember what they said. One thing I've seen a lot is wondering how nobody had recognized him by the sketches, and I can come up with 2 reasons fairly quickly. First, I can see the similarities because I've been told that the sketches are probably him; I don't see enough similarities to believe I would look at the sketches and immediately think of him. If I knew him well, I'd probably see even fewer similarities because I'd be more aware of the differences.

The second reason is that we really have no idea how many people did call the tip line about him, but he had a false alibi when he was interviewed. I had thought he may have been RL's alibi (the trip for fish), but I'm guessing they would have checked him again once they found out that RL had lied.

I've also wondered if he and RL were friends. If they were, it's possible that he felt comfortable leaving clean clothes in one of the buildings, or even to go in the house to clean up if he knew RL would be gone. He may have even had his car parked somewhere on his land and got his car and left before anyone really knew the girls were missing.

Lucky for you, I can't remember what else I was going to say!

I am Indiana and just turned on the news. I will let you know
I’m watching Fox 59 right now and that was not mentioned at all. Interesting that they discuss the alias but don’t show the name nor say it. They said they had chosen to NOT broadcast the alias until they knew more.

Last edited:
Indiana State Police will be joined at the briefing by Carroll County Prosecutor Nicholas McLeland, Sheriff Tobe Leazenby, family members of the girls and a representative of the U.S. Marshal Service.

What could they have found that led to his arrest? It has to be something physical in my mind, but what a risk to keep for so long.

-his clothing with A or L blood on it (would anyone be foolish enough to keep that for so long?)
-“souvenir” from the girls
-weapon used to commit the crime (again, would he keep that for 5.5 years?)
-girls blood or DNA in his vehicle
-video or photographs on his phone or computer

Maybe something was discovered in the river search and it has taken time for test results to be analysed ,the results might have let LE able get a search warrant, and a search of his home yielded other evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025