Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams & Liberty (Libby) German - The Delphi Murders - #151 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So do you honestly think LE are going to stand up there with the girls’ families present, and publicly give us all the nitty gritty details of the case? How they were murdered etc?
No. I mean more than just a bland statement. They’re not going to have federal agents there just for window dressing.

No. I mean more than just a bland statement. They’re not going to have federal agents there just for window dressing.
They might not go into gory details with the families up there, but I suspect if this update is what we think it is - aka they believe RA is the killer and are charging him with double homicide - then there would be accompanying documents that outline their suspicions which I believe are public.

I was just thinking…have we ever seen this before? Someone is arrested, but the charges are withheld from the public. For days. I mean, I totally understand not having the press conference until Monday. But, isn’t it odd to not have any details of the charges? JMO
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I seem to recall that when LE announced they had taken RA into custody on Friday they also said he would be officially charged on Monday (tomorrow).

Ok. HI ALL! Finally caught up. I am blown away by this development! But ... I wonder if the people in the town of Delphi are? Someone in the last thread (#150) was bewildered by the lack of people running to the press with info, as they said would have happened in their country of, IIRC, the UK. And were we different in some way. I gigglesnorted because - NO WE ARE NOT DIFFERENT as a society in the US, IMHO. But ... Delphi does seem different. They are to be commended for closing ranks and keeping info to themselves (aside from some early alleged leaks), IMO. This community seems, to me, as tight-knit and determined, and they did what it takes, collectively, as a whole, to keep their lips sealed to outsiders, and I really commend them for that.
More thoughts to follow. This seems worthy of its own post.
Over the years it has been expressed, why is it so hard to get gossip and rumors and information from the people of Delphi?

I know I've said before and I'll say it again: Maybe they really are "Delphi Strong."

Good recap there, including the various types of charges he could face.

People were wondering about the involvement of the US Marshals, and that's addressed too:

The FBI, which played a lead role in the opening days of the investigation, will not be represented at the briefing.

The U.S. Marshal typically tracks fugitives or wanted suspects who flee across state lines to avoid apprehension, though neither criteria which would accurately describe events surrounding Allen’s arrest last week.

Marshals do, however, often provide electronic device tracking and analysis expertise to local investigations.
Did Kline and the murderer (whoever that is) work together? This whole thing sounds really sick and I haven’t kept up with the case in the past year. Child cases upset me. In reading the article, it sounds like Kline and someone else planned to take photos of the girls and maybe the murderer planned their deaths so he could ”admire” his work in pictures. Is that who RA is, the murderer? Maybe Kline had some phone conversations recorded by the Marshals office? I hope this will be over tomorrow. I hope if it is him, he confesses. I’m not sure anyone needs the details. Just lock them up and throw away the key.

Question for the knowledgable legal folks:

Could a homicide case be tried in court for anonymous / pseudonym name-assigned victims?

In other words, could BG be tried under an FBI-assigned fake name and /or could the victims (L&A) names not be released at trial and remain anonymous due to the publicity surrounding the case?

This has to be one of the most widely known cases, and difficult to use a change of venue. Is the above scenario possible - legally?

^obviously above is based on BG having been actually caught and being named the murderer and that he doesn’t plead guilty.

Zero surprise there. One reason many speculated LE held back so much info was that things only the killer knows could help convict him. I have NEVER understood that because I can not ever imagine BG confession or giving any info to LE. Just not gonna happen. He’s going to make them prove every tiny scrap of info they have.moo
Agreed !
Infuriating.
I'm wondering if there were red flags in his behavior prior to this ?
Someone who is never 'wrong' ?
M00

Investigators to announce charges against Delphi murders suspect

DELPHI, Ind. — When Indiana State Police Superintendent Doug Carter steps up before the microphones of reporters from across the country at the Delphi United Methodist Church Monday morning at 10 a.m., he is expected to announce what charges 50-year-old Richard Allen faces in connection with the murders of two young girls on the banks of Deer Creek beneath the Monon High Bridge on Feb. 13, 2017.

Last edited:
Zero surprise there. One reason many speculated LE held back so much info was that things only the killer knows could help convict him. I have NEVER understood that because I can not ever imagine BG confession or giving any info to LE. Just not gonna happen. He’s going to make them prove every tiny scrap of info they have.moo
It's an excuse to not release much info.

Imo

People on the thread are asking about the Federal Marshals and their role. Within the realm of speculation -- an analytical qualifier -- if the recovered computer equipment from the river search had information on human trafficking or child endangerment, the Federal Marshals may be there for that. Here is an example: U.S. Marshals Operation Results in Recovery of 27 Missing Children in Virginia. And, there was other reporting more recent than 2020 if you search for it.

If the arrest was a result of their actual investigations, they'll be braying about it from the rooftops and we'll get a good bit of info.

If it was a lucky break, they'll be tight lipped as they have all along to "protect the integrity of the case".

I think that is unkind. They have invested their all into this investigation and deserve our respect.

Question for the knowledgable legal folks:

Could a homicide case be tried in court for anonymous / pseudonym name-assigned victims?

In other words, could BG be tried under an FBI-assigned fake name and /or could the victims (L&A) names not be released at trial and remain anonymous due to the publicity surrounding the case?

This has to be one of the most widely known cases, and difficult to use a change of venue. Is the above scenario possible - legally?

^obviously above is based on BG having been actually caught and being named the murderer and that he doesn’t plead guilty.
Much more famous cases have been tried without needing to do this so I’m not sure why this one would be any different. But no, this wouldn’t be possible.

"Question for the knowledgable legal folks:

^obviously above is based on BG having been actually caught and being named the murderer and that he doesn’t plead guilty."

Short answer, no. Court records and trials are public in the US. The only time they can be sealed is if the release can harm a current investigation. The current episode of The Prosecutors goes into a lot of legality of arresting/prosecuting and what can and cannot be sealed.

Last edited:
Yes. The police and DA have 72 hours to present charges for the arrest. No court on the weekend, so it’s Monday, and this is the reason there is the saying “Felony Friday” meaning an arrest on Friday gives the police time to finish up their case for arrest.
Based on The Murder Sheet, they got word that he was arrested earlier in the week. So the Friday court appearance was likely associated with him being charged. The latest episode of The Prosecutors goes into detail about what could be happening with a secret hearing on Friday.

Edit: Indiana news is reporting he was arrested on the 26th.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member