Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams & Liberty (Libby) German - The Delphi Murders - #151 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If RA did kill these girls, I hope he does the right thing for A&L's families and his family. Plead guilty so they won't have to be tortured through a trial.
I'm with you on that !

Sadly, and sorry to type this --- I'm thinking if RA murdered Abby and Libby , that he doesn't have a problem with torture . :mad:
He prob. does have a problem with doing what is good and right !

I'm interested in what people (coworkers, etc.,) have to say about what he was like before this ?
Red flags easily visible ?
Or just withdrawn and kept himself to himself ?
What did he confide to KK, if anything ?
Had he premeditated these murders ?
I'm guessing this was not random, as in -- he happened to cross the bridge that day at the same time as the girls.
M00.

.. The U.S. Marshal typically tracks fugitives or wanted suspects who flee across state lines to avoid apprehension, though neither criteria which would accurately describe events surrounding Allen’s arrest last week.

Marshals do, however, often provide electronic device tracking and analysis expertise to local investigations.

snipped by me for focus .. if he was being tracked, could it be that they tracked him going to the bridge in Peru and maybe stopping his vehicle for a short time and this is what instigated the water search? He may have used that area to try and get rid of something knowing that the focus seemed to be on KK at the time and that is where he lived.

Hard disagree. I'd say the more innocent you are, the more you need a lawyer. Too many innocent people go to jail by helping the investigators construct a plausible story about how they could have possibly done it which gives them leverage to increase the pressure on the suspect until they crack.

A lot of guilty people think they are smarter than they police. Those people can't wait to talk. A lawyer probably isn't going to help them much anyhow beyond possibly reducing the charges in a plea deal.
That's not what I said. What one does, vs what one should do, are two very different things.

Me personally, they've been pretty tight lipped on everything to this point, my hunch if that they will give scant details tomorrow. They'll obviously reveal his name, I think give some vague answers to how they came about him as a suspect, but I don't think they will go into full details. I think mainly they are going to want to praise the families for their strength and thank the community for all the tips and support on top of announcing the basic details. Will gladly admit if I'm wrong when the time comes tomorrow.

Zero surprise there. One reason many speculated LE held back so much info was that things only the killer knows could help convict him. I have NEVER understood that because I can not ever imagine BG confession or giving any info to LE. Just not gonna happen. He’s going to make them prove every tiny scrap of info they have.moo
LE absolutely held back information to assist in their investigation, no investigation worth its weight ever makes all the information public in the early years of the case. LE isn't psychic, they have no idea what will happen when they have their suspect. They aren't going to blow it up because the public wants information. The suspect doesn't have to confess, they could inadvertently let LE know something that connect to hold-back evidence. Plus, it's not just the suspect that could reveal information, it could be family, friends or coworkers that have information that could connect the suspect to hold-back evidence.

snipped by me for focus .. if he was being tracked, could it be that they tracked him going to the bridge in Peru and maybe stopping his vehicle for a short time and this is what instigated the water search? He may have used that area to try and get rid of something knowing that the focus seemed to be on KK at the time and that is where he lived.
I don't think so, just based on the timing. We hear that Kegan has been temporarily transferred from custody, and then we see weeks long searches in the river near his home.

There were also rumblings of some sort of conversations taking place between the prosecution and defense in regards to his charges, which caused proceedings to be pushed.

So personally, I think this all comes back to him.

Much more famous cases have been tried without needing to do this so I’m not sure why this one would be any different. But no, this wouldn’t be possible.

Short answer, no. Court records are public in the US. The only time they can be sealed is if the release can harm a current investigation. The current episode of The Prosecutors goes into a lot of legality of arresting/prosecuting and what can and cannot be sealed.
Thank you both!

As reference, the bit of digging that I did on the topic of pseudonyms for plaintiffs is here: Filing Pseudonymously: Federal | Without My Consent

Me personally, they've been pretty tight lipped on everything to this point, my hunch if that they will give scant details tomorrow. They'll obviously reveal his name, I think give some vague answers to how they came about him as a suspect, but I don't think they will go into full details. I think mainly they are going to want to praise the families for their strength and thank the community for all the tips and support on top of announcing the basic details. Will gladly admit if I'm wrong when the time comes tomorrow.
Yeah, they're going to be limited in what they are able to say. The families will have their moment, law enforcement will have theirs, and we will all be complaining for a while about wanting to see the probable cause affidavit.

Well... if he drove this route... which I suspect he may have done... then could he have just parked in his garage on his return home and then entered the house through the garage or a back door to clean up without anyone having noticed him? If he did that, remember, we read in a legal document provided by Murder Sheets that the killer would certainly have had blood on his person ( I don't remember which document it was - probable cause for RL search I think? Someone help me out here I'm I am mistaken). He could have gone into the house, cleaned up or even hosed down a bit in the backyard (if he didn't clean up in the creek a bit first). He may even have had a whole change of clothes waiting in his car for whatever reason, or a work uniform? Or a blanket or something to cover up with so any visible blood was hidden?

The link above shows a route from his home to the bridge... its less than 2 miles away. An easy 5m drive.

We've read that his home / burn pit was searched. Is it at all possible that he maybe had some transfer evidence from the scene (blood perhaps?) from a victim to the interior of his vehicle? If that was it, then he'd sure have a hard time explaining that to LE, wouldn't he? That might just be the smoking gun here?

NOTE: above is just speculation without actual evidence so MOOOOOOO.
I think it was something very big, like blood evidence.
Or that they found an article of clothing/jewelry belonging to one of the girls in his possession ?
But I'm going more with something with dna.
M00

People on the thread are asking about the Federal Marshals and their role. Within the realm of speculation -- an analytical qualifier -- if the recovered computer equipment from the river search had information on human trafficking or child endangerment, the Federal Marshals may be there for that. Here is an example: U.S. Marshals Operation Results in Recovery of 27 Missing Children in Virginia. And, there was other reporting more recent than 2020 if you search for it.
The Prosecutors Podcast (I know, I'm a broken record) also went into some detail about why the US Marshalls could be involved (before we knew they'd be at the press conference). They may have assisted in the search warrant or arrest, which apparently is not uncommon.

Based on The Murder Sheet, they got word that he was arrested earlier in the week. So the Friday court appearance was likely associated with him being charged. The latest episode of The Prosecutors goes into detail about what could be happening with a secret hearing on Friday.

Edit: Indiana news is reporting he was arrested on the 26th.
BBM do you have a link for this? I have not seen it before. Thanks!

I'm still amazed when I think about a perp (nearly-simultaneously) killing two victims mid-day in a public area (even if it was wooded with limited foot traffic). This killer was brazen.

I remember searching google earth for shacks in the woods around the crime scene because I could not believe anyone would kill them out in the open like that.

If the girls’ families are going to be there, as well as USMS agents, that surely hints to the announcement being both significant *and* detailed. I.e why have the USMS present at a press conference if they’re not going to say anything? And if they have something to say it’s likely to be in the nitty-gritty area - as that’s what those guys work with. JMO.
Unfortunately I've seen pressers where LE said very little.
Hopefully not this case, but I'd be surprised if we are given very much at all ?
They have their reasons, I suppose.
Sometimes it's for the family to plead for answers as well.

Sorry to bring up old info many of you have thoroughly digested. Does anyone know offhand if LE ever publicly stated that KAK failed the polygraph or was that something repeated by way of the transcript of interview only? I’m just thinking about my thoughts on the connection of the KAK and RA, and this is coming up in my mind. I understand LE do not have to be truthful as to whether he passed or failed in an interview.

I don't see how they've been working this Angle for 2 years. Unless one thinks he's connected kk. Maybe slow drip KK finally leaked enough to put RA on the radar.

Or they finally tracked a familial dna genealogy hit. Im not sure how much dna is needed to do that, but if he didn't rape them, and I don't think he did, then other dna would have to come from body fluids of his found on them or under fingernails and I wonder if that's enough to get a full panel for familial dna. Anyone know?

But it's also highly likely they stumbled upon a break in the case that has very little to do with anything they've done. Especially if he's NOT connected to kk, because that seems to be their primary focus for 2 years. And in their defense, that makes sense really.
DNA is amazing these days. If they got touch-dna from clothing etc, they would have to build genetic trees for each sample,first go back in time, then build forwards in time to the present. That's what takes time. Could be 100's of hours per each sample. Then they can start ruling samples/people in or out at that time. Imagine if they got 20 dna touch samples from one piece of clothing; 19 could be family or friends, but # 20 could be a stranger who would need to be checked out. (sex/age/location/vicinity/alibi.)

I apologize if other genealogy nerds have already brought this up in the past.

Good recap there, including the various types of charges he could face.

People were wondering about the involvement of the US Marshals, and that's addressed too:

The FBI, which played a lead role in the opening days of the investigation, will not be represented at the briefing.

The U.S. Marshal typically tracks fugitives or wanted suspects who flee across state lines to avoid apprehension, though neither criteria which would accurately describe events surrounding Allen’s arrest last week.

Marshals do, however, often provide electronic device tracking and analysis expertise to local investigations.
Did Kline and the murderer (whoever that is) work together? This whole thing sounds really sick and I haven’t kept up with the case in the past year. Child cases upset me. In reading the article, it sounds like Kline and someone else planned to take photos of the girls and maybe the murderer planned their deaths so he could ”admire” his work in pictures. Is that who RA is, the murderer? Maybe Kline had some phone conversations recorded by the Marshals office? I hope this will be over tomorrow. I hope if it is him, he confesses. I’m not sure anyone needs the details. Just lock them up and throw away the key.
I don't think so, just based on the timing. We hear that Kegan has been temporarily transferred from custody, and then we see weeks long searches in the river near his home.

There were also rumblings of some sort of conversations taking place between the prosecution and defense in regards to his charges, which caused proceedings to be pushed.

So personally, I think this all comes back to him.
Is it true LE said they knew who the killer was back in February but needed more evidence to charge him? I just read that on The Daily Mail. As I said before, I hadn’t been following this case in about a year.

BBM do you have a link for this? I have not seen it before. Thanks!
Oh just seeing this tonight:

"Allen was arrested on Oct. 26, a week after sources tell Fox 59 News that investigators converged on his house with a search warrant, seizing his car and digging through a firepit out back."

I don't know how I missed it.

I remember searching google earth for shacks in the woods around the crime scene because I could not believe anyone would kill them out in the open like that.
It was insanely risky, which is why I thought we were looking for a younger guy with some sort of chemical dependency.

Fully expected him to have a criminal record too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseHase