IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 13, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Do you know how to interpret that graph? Those numbers seem terribly high, but I'm not sure I'm reading it correctly.

I thought it was maybe 5 ft deep where I've driven over it. Maybe a bit higher since we've had quite a bit of rain this winter. That being said, I've only crossed it a few times and it's been mostly on 25. Admittedly, i could be way off.

Carroll County Comet would be another newspaper/subscription that might have info if someone has that.

I think it's far more likely the girls had plans to meet with someone or told someone (maybe inadvertently) they were planning to go or where they were rather than running into some random murderer in Delphi on a nature trail on a Monday afternoon.

The girls wouldn't have had a car parked out there, so no one would have even known they were back there unless by chance someone was walking/living/driving close enough to maybe hear them laugh or scream or talking. There are a couple of houses on both sides of the creek that would have been very close to where they were dropped off and found. There could have been other trail walkers there as well, but I would imagine an older teen/adult trail walker would have parked and walked in. Wonder if anyone driving by between 2 and 4-ish noticed a vehicle parked either at the parking spot at the trail entrance or along the road on the north side of the creek past the entrance?

If the Snapchat time of 2:07 is pretty concrete and they were to be picked up between 3 and 4, someone had less than an hour to less than two hours to find and kill two teenage girls, possibly move them away from the trail before or after, and get out of there. Because it sounds like whoever went to pick them up started looking and yelling for them immediately.
Makes me wonder if the person(s) planned on disposing of them in a different manner and area, and the yelling and searching changed that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

It might not be that weird that they came upon the girls. Lot of these tragic cases are just 'opportunistic' situations. Predatory perps out looking for young victims, alone and vulnerable. If no one else happens to be there as witnesses, at that exact moment, they spring into action. Wrong place, wrong time for the victims, in many of these cases. JMO

I don't think it was opportunistic. I get more and more the feeling they knew their killer(s). And what's more I think they'll find him/them in their own community. Just a hunch not based on anything really.

These things have bothered me from the beginning, but didn't want to ask because it seemed insensitive. Also "it's bad" was mentioned at the time they were found. Obviously finding dead children is always bad, but to actually say "it's bad" makes my mind go to awful places. I hope they are just being extra thorough with the autopsies to make sure they aren't missing anything.

He didn't say "it's bad", he said "it's not good" which came right after he announced that the two missing girls had been found. So "it's not good" referred to the fact that they were not found alive imo, not to the condition they were found in.

Delphi Assistant Fire Chief Curtis Borden told RTV6 two missing 13-year-old girls from Carroll County were found, calling it "not good"

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...-in-carroll-county-official-says-its-not-good

with school being out, it just makes the 'pool' of suspects even larger....I just hope they have some idea what happened and they can gather the suspect(s) rather quickly....I suspect they do have an idea and are just crossing their t's and dotting their i's....even though they did say 'at this time they don't have a person(s) of interest'. I suspect they have some knowledge of what took place.

Sorry kay me being dense. I got my wires crossed.

Now, what about newspapers online subscriptions. If a statement is printed in a newspaper and you can view that newspaper with a subscription, screenshots and a link won't cut it? Cos you need a sub to view. I'm trying to think back to Jessica Chambers, I took out a subscription to the Panolian to read, can't remember if we could post stuff? Sorry, TIA

Nothing to be sorry about! I'm not always the most proficient at articulating what I'm trying to say.

To answer your question, my honest answer is that I'm not 100% sure on the rules governing that situation. I am double checking and have asked for guidance. I'll get back to you as soon as I know for sure...don't want to give you any misleading info.

Possible connection to the area where Liz and Lyric were murdered: meat packing. I see there's a big plant just past the intersection of 25 and 421, south of the high school. Someone who picks up and delivers livestock would be familiar with many side roads and could easily have had business in both areas.

I joined that FB group, and there is some disturbing speculation going on there. I hope a lot of it isn't true. This just strengthens my resolve not to let my kids on social media. They are oblivious to the dangers.

Sgt. Kim Riley
‏@ISPLafayette

Will be releasing information on the identity of the 2 bodies in about 20 minutes outside the city building.

Do you know how to interpret that graph? Those numbers seem terribly high, but I'm not sure I'm reading it correctly.

I thought it was maybe 5 ft deep where I've driven over it. Maybe a bit higher since we've had quite a bit of rain this winter. That being said, I've only crossed it a few times and it's been mostly on 25. Admittedly, i could be way off.

https://waterdata.usgs.gov/nwis/uv?site_no=03329700

This seems to be a better.

Discharge - cubic feet per second is between 1300 - 300 ft

Depth gage - 3.4 ft - 4ft

Nothing to be sorry about! I'm not always the most proficient at articulating what I'm trying to say.

To answer your question, my honest answer is that I'm not 100% sure on the rules governing that situation. I am double checking and have asked for guidance. I'll get back to you as soon as I know for sure...don't want to give you any misleading info.

Thanks chick, may be no need with this presser!

How far do the trails go east of the bridge? The only trail map I could find cuts off directly east of the bridge. Safe to assume there are no trails beyond the map? Here are images of the trail map so y'all don't have to download the PDF.

I find it odd that they were found, what looks to be about half a mile from the bridge (eyeballing). Maybe they were walking along the creek. That'd be maybe a 20-30 minute walk considering they're in a wooded area and probably messing around/being kids. The snap was timestamped around 2. If they walked there, I don't think they reached that spot until at least 2:45. When was the pick up time, 3? And they were supposed to be picked back up in the same spot near the bridge? Very strange.

Obviously this is wild speculation! Just trying to figure out how/why they ended up where they did. I could be wrong but I feel it's unlikely something happened near the bridge and then they were moved. That's ~100-120 pounds of dead weight each.

Someone wanted to know if the timestamp could have been faked. That's unlikely, because her name is on the top of the snap, meaning she had taken the photo with the snapchat app and posted it to her own story. Your "story" is where you can upload photos for all of your friends list, instead of sending it to specific people. I hope they can find her phone in operational order and pull her snapchat friends list, or maybe they can subpoena that information.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• 4w482zH.jpg
    4w482zH.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 933
  • Z40hc8J.jpg
    Z40hc8J.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 914
I haven't followed either. Came across their thread long after and didn't have the heart.

I wonder, can anyone with a working knowledge of their crime perhaps provide a few bullet points for comparison?

TIA.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Lyric and Elizabeth were kidnapped while riding their bikes. The bikes were found on a trail along Meyer's Lake. There is alot of speculation if they were on the trail or the bikes were placed there after the kidnapping. This happened in July 2012. Their bodies were found in a county park (Seven Bridges) in early Dec. 2012. It was a location that is hard to find and has to be known to the killer. The park is about 20 miles north of where they lived in Evansdale, Iowa. Meyer's Lake can be seen along I-380 which would be a direct route from that part of Iowa to Delphi Indiana. Lyric and Elizabeth's killer has never been arreseted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en