IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 13, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm what would be considered a local. I live about 20 minutes away from Delphi. I lived there for quite a few years and visit often as my mother still lives there. I suppose I can understand why people say they'd be outraged over the vagueness of LE but please consider that this is a town you drive through, from one end to the other, in less than 5 minutes. Most of what makes up the town is farmland or woodland. The police have little experience with this and no experience wording things to avoid compromising an investigation and also taking family reactions into account. I wouldn't want to be told they were murdered if LE still weren't sure how, when, or why yet.
Hiking in this area is totally normal, even for 13 year olds. I imagine they were not supposed to be on the bridge, but if I remember correctly, no one is supposed to. Still, 6 years ago I hiked this very same area, the bridge and all around it and happily got lost for probably 6 hours.
This area is not a place I could see anyone arranging to meet someone from the Internet, even if they were trying to be cautious. It's not a likely place you'd see someone willing to commit a crime of passion as you don't even see many people, if anyone, out there. It was not super nice that day. I believe it hit maybe 48 degrees. To give an idea of the landscape, this area is bluffs. Pretty densely wooded with large drop-offs widening out to farmland a decent distance out. There are houses spaced out intermittently.
The roads, which they may have been walking on, would likely be narrow dirt roads with some blind turns. If they did anything like I had to, they may have needed to cut through private property to get somewhere otherwise it can take a LONG time. That may give an idea as to what I think more likely, but I'm so clueless in this. Every time I try to reason every scenario out, something is off.

I can't link this because it was a live news report on Fox 59, so please consider rumor. Reporter is saying that the FBI is assisting in this case. I will link as soon as possible.

Marking my spot...
Really sad about this, I didn't expect this outcome :(

Pictured: The last photo of Abigail Williams alive - search scaled back after bodies found

VIDEOTwo bodies have been found in the search for missing 13-year-old girls in the US. Source: Carroll County Sheriff Department

Police have not formally identified the bodies as Abigail Williams and Liberty German as yet, and have not commented on injuries or trauma to the bodies,
But officers said they suspected foul play in the girls' disappearance and the bodies were found less than a kilometre from where they were dropped off to go on a hike.

"The cellphone has been pinging around town – and here there is a cellphone tower – but the ping was last noted around five to six hours ago."And they say the phone is now dead."
Newsbreak – February 15

https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/3442069...-german-scaled-back-after-bodies-found/#page1

This is tragic I'm reminded of the Elizabeth Collins and Lyric Cook case in Evansdale, Iowa. If Liberty and Abigail were murdered it's probably too far in distance though to be the same perp. Hopefully forensics will help in this case it was a long time before Elizabeth and Lyric were found.

Yes! That quote from LE is just mind boggling. If I was a citizen of that town I think I would be in an outrage at that response. It seems as though some locals are. I just can't accept that answer. What does it mean?

I never even thought about a murder suicide scenario. I am not sure if anyone here has heard of the "Slenderman stabbing" in Waukesha Wisconsin? I live about 45 minutes away from where that took place. It is a scary thought what young kids can do to each other. Those girls were only 12 and look what they did to their "friend". I suppose there are so many different things that could of gone down that it truly blows my mind. What those 2 girls did to please an online fictional character is beyond my comprehension but to those 2 girls, they were doing something that they seemed to truly believe in. As crazy as it sounds......

I briefly considered this as well, but the phone wouldn't have been pinging around town if it were a murder-suicide, I wouldn't think. How far is "town" from this hiking location? I mean, the girls wouldn't have been "hiking" in and out of town, right? Seems to reason someone else had their phones at some point.

Elainera, you are most likely correct. I just can't remember where I saw 1/2 mile. It might have been an entirely different thread, I follow so many here. Silly me, yes, duh! You are probably correct about them hiking there as well. That is certainly easier than possibly placing them there. Don't know why that simple theory didn't cross my mind. I think I need some sleep!

So, if they were found 0.8 miles up stream, about how long of a walk would that be? I just can't seem to think. Maybe a 10 minute walk if they were walking at a normal leisurely rate? According to the article they were dropped off right before 3 p.m. They were reported missing at 5:30 p.m. when they didn't show up for pick up. I wonder what time they were getting picked up? I am just trying to think about how long I would look for the girls if I was there for pick up and they didn't show up on time. Did the person picking them up get out and search around the park or trails at all? Was someone trying to reach the girls by phone? I wonder if they were suppose to be picked up at 5 p.m. and whoever (mom?) spent a half hour looking for them and then decided to call the police? It seems as though they were responsible girls and it would stand to reason that mom would of been pretty panicked and scared when they weren't showing up or answering phone calls and or text messages. I know that would really set me off in a tizzy if my kids were that late and not answering phone calls or messages. So many questions. These poor babies.....my youngest daughter is their age and I am always so worried about her and social media. I keep a very tight leash on all 3 of my kiddos with social media but her especially.

They were dropped off around 1 pm. The photo was taken at 2:07 and they were supposed to be picked up sometimes in the afternoon. (3 or 4 ) I would assume. I have not seen a time for that but Abby's Mom publicly posted at 6;49 pm on the 13th that the girls had not been heard from for about 3 hours. It appears the timeline will be very tight on this case.

ETA Link , http://wlfi.com/2017/02/14/community-continues-to-search-for-missing-teens-in-carroll-county/

This is the link that states the photo was 207, I dont know why that is being reported as a different time but I do not know which one is correct.

This is tragic I'm reminded of the Elizabeth Collins and Lyric Cook case in Evansdale, Iowa. If Liberty and Abigail were murdered it's probably too far in distance though to be the same perp. Hopefully forensics will help in this case it was a long time before Elizabeth and Lyric were found.

Those were my thoughts as well. RIP

There are reports in articles like the phones last pinged " four hours ago ." I cant figure out what time the person who says this was saying it so if anyone can find out that would be a great piece of information for a timeline.

I can't link this because it was a live news report on Fox 59, so please consider rumor. Reporter is saying that the FBI is assisting in this case. I will link as soon as possible.

Yes, they said yesterday FBI out of the Indy office is assisting.

This is heartbreaking and awful. Two beautiful lives gone. Who could have done this? Was it someone they knew? Did their families drop them off at the same time? Were they together then they were dropped off? So many questions...
I hope an arrest is made soon.

Okay when blowing this up I do see a possible person just behind her to the left. Wearing hoodi, maybe a backpack.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

I'm not seeing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads