IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 13, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's Google Earth view of the area. The bridge is at the left of the picture. Deer Creek is flowing from right to left; it joins the Wabash River on the other side of Delphi, it appears. The area is, as you can see, heavily treed. Comparing the map on the Indychannel website, I think the bodies were found on the left, where the cluster of streets and houses is. They show the marker just past where West 300 South is, and on the north side of the river.

https://goo.gl/maps/5YjKiHhbTYy

Looking at this, I wonder whether they even crossed the bridge, or just walked out on it far enough to take pictures.

Sorry, I just disagree....my son and daughter did grow up in a rural area...South Carolina....and I still wouldn't let them cross that, ALONE. Plus, it did have 'gaps; in it and nothing on the side to guard against falling....look, maybe I'm taking this a little too far, it's a maybe a historical site or some are hoping it becomes a historical site, but in my opinion (it's just me) it isn't safe for 'ALL' to enjoy and maybe it should be closed until it's made safe for all to enjoy...just MY opinion and I know it'll upset some and I'm sorry....but it just doesn't seems safe to me.

It's not that safe. I'm not sure anyone is actually supposed to walk on the bridge, but rather on the trails around it. As with anything, unless they tear down the bridge, people will walk across it. No amount of barriers or posted signs or private property will keep those out who want to walk it.

I would have loved a bridge like this when I was their age and would have crossed it, just paying extra attention to where I was stepping. My mom would never have given me her blessing to do half of the stuff I was out doing while riding my bike all over the county growing up. I was a pretty good kid otherwise, I just really liked old abandoned buildings and old railroad bridges. I still do, I just get more nervous about getting hurt while exploring now.

Historical site or not, they can still repair it. They fix the historical covered bridges where I live from time to time. That being said, once you start changing the bridge and adding safety rails, then it loses its charm. Replacing the rotten and missing wood would improve safety a lot, but then again, you're just inviting more people to cross a bridge that was never made for foot traffic.

It's not that safe. I'm not sure anyone is actually supposed to walk on the bridge, but rather on the trails around it. As with anything, unless they tear down the bridge, people will walk across it. No amount of barriers or posted signs or private property will keep those out who want to walk it.

I would have loved a bridge like this when I was their age and would have crossed it, just paying extra attention to where I was stepping. My mom would never have given me her blessing to do half of the stuff I was out doing while riding my bike all over the county growing up. I was a pretty good kid otherwise, I just really liked old abandoned buildings and old railroad bridges. I still do, I just get more nervous about getting hurt while exploring now.

Historical site or not, they can still repair it. They fix the historical covered bridges where I live from time to time. That being said, once you start changing the bridge and adding safety rails, then it loses its charm. Replacing the rotten and missing wood would improve safety a lot, but then again, you're just inviting more people to cross a bridge that was never made for foot traffic.

I agree, and again, like 'carbuff' stated above, they didn't fall from the bridge, so it's kinda a 'moot' point in a way....I'm just pissed that these two young girls out for an afternoon walk on a trail came upon having their life taken from them....just pisses me off, sorry...

The bridges safety is another discussion for another time I guess....getting to who did this and why is the top priority...sorry for the distraction.

I just want to express my sympathies and sadness, especially to everyone who lives in Delphi. I sometimes drive through Delphi on my way to visit my sister in West Lafayette, IN. I will be following this story closely, and keeping all of Delphi in my thoughts and prayers.

I dunno. Maybe you have to grow up in a rural area. That bridge looks perfectly safe to walk on. It's wide, solid, and doesn't appear to have any gaps in the planking.
Oops. Been addressed. Sorry.😊

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I believe delphi is eastern time........and right now all info is going to be solely what LE wants us to know......I'm still stuck on the family member who was supposed to pick them up - I find the wording strange and the time frame - my mind is stuck there, especially with the very tight time line - hopefully my suspicion is wrong. .........

Police update from about an hour ago--haven't gotten thru the whole thing yet. Did say there was no POI at the time of the interview

http://fox59.com/2017/02/15/police-...-in-case-of-missing-carroll-county-teenagers/

“I think people need to be cautious and careful,” Riley said. “Parents should make sure they know where their children are and what their children are doing, and if nothing else, know what’s going on in their lives. That’s the most important thing I can say at this point in time.”

Sounds as if this might be a hint that there was something the girls had going on that their parents did not know about. Like most 13 yr old girls.

"When asked if people in Delphi should be scared for their families, Sgt. Kim Riley said parents should keep a close eye on their children.

“I think people need to be cautious and careful,” Riley said. “Parents should make sure they know where their children are and what their children are doing, and if nothing else, know what’s going on in their lives. That’s the most important thing I can say at this point in time.”

This is NEW...they didn't say that yesterday during the news conference. But, this is what we all suspected after the news conference.

"know what’s going on in their lives"

I can only guess 'what' that means.

This is tragic I'm reminded of the Elizabeth Collins and Lyric Cook case in Evansdale, Iowa. If Liberty and Abigail were murdered it's probably too far in distance though to be the same perp. Hopefully forensics will help in this case it was a long time before Elizabeth and Lyric were found.

I am not sure that it is too far of a distance to be same perps. They may have moved after their Iowa crimes to start in new hunting grounds?

Why!!! again just why ???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty terrific post. I agree. My mother would have killed me if she knew half the places we played as kids. Wasn't safe then either. Jmo.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I think I know where this is going. Le sigh.

Sounds as if this might be a hint that there was something the girls had going on that their parents did not know about. Like most 13 yr old girls.

I agree. Also that there is no POI at this time. I don't think that was mentioned yesterday.

It sure opens some possibilities..........I'm just not sure exactly where it points.

Why!!! again just why ???

Exactly....my thoughts. Out for an afternoon walk is all we know at this time.....what that statement "know what’s going on in their lives" means we can only guess at this time....I hope they didn't get 'lured' in a way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member