IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 13, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I took just the head from the Fusion Center poster. I think if you look close that the right hand pic looks like hair, parted in the middle, front brushed down over the forehead... am I really seeing it wrong? The one on the left does look more like a hat, but is it really or just a distortion? Wish we had clearer views.

attachment.php

I think it's a hat/cap because there's a shadow falling over the eyes.

You don't need to try and convince me, I never thought there was anybody hidden in the trees to start with. These girls were either followed and tailed to where they were eventually found, or the perp was lying in wait along that trail for the right victim to walk along. Somebody was going to be a victim that day. If it hadn't been these two girls, it would've been someone else, supposing that everything lined up right.

Stranger on stranger crimes are the hardest ones for the cops to solve, but out-of-town stranger on stranger crimes mainly go unsolved, unless there is a DNA match. I tend to think it's a local because of where the girls were found and how isolated it was. It's also possible the girls were deliberately steered in that direction by the perpetrator. He may have literally scared them down the trail by simply walking along behind them.

I really don't believe that though. Why ? Because he disarmed them so quickly and quietly that nobody heard any screaming, yelling, scuffling...........nothing. If he had been making them nervous in advance, neither one of those girls would have let him get close enough to grab them. To me, this is more like a guy rambling out of the woods, pretending he is lost and asking for directions, then clubbing one of the girls over the head with a huge branch, and then shortly afterwards having his way with the other one. You know, similar to the old, "Have you seen my dog?" routine.

There are still a huge amount of unknowns in this case, such as whether or not one or both of the girls was actually communicating with someone online, who they texted on their phones prior to this, who was on their friends list, who may have been following them online and knew they were going to be visiting the bridge. If none of that pans out, then this is most likely a predator waiting for the right victim to stroll along out in the middle of a popular teenage hangout spot.

I don't think it was a predator waiting for any random victim......most predators like this, I would assume, are waiting for adults in an adult area such as a remote hiking trail. I don't think even the most vile predators of adult women suddenly switch to being willing to murder children. Just my opinion and I hate to disagree with you since I like you so much! :)

On pins and needles!

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Maybe Momma and Grandma gave him a good talking to and did some praying before they called 911 to turn him in.

When I read that statement, about ' knowing what's going on in their lives'-----I took it to mean that parents need to know who their kids are talking to online.

Yes. I agree. I must say though, that there is an incredibly complex amount of networking involved in the apps kids have today. My daughter is in middle school. I am so crushed by this case, takes my breath away thinking of the fear and pain.... Makes me re-think all my strategies for keeping my child safe as possible, without retarding her development...

All her social media messages scroll across the top of MY cell phone as they happen. Even so, it is like a full time job studying her account(s). So many of her school friends, Skype and face-time, and often these accounts are linked to other accounts, and shared, and re-tweeted, posted by friends who's accounts may be linked to others I can't possibly know!

What info about a child that get inadvertently made available, and every person who might see it, is so dizzying trying to determine! It's like a never ending vine with tendrils that reach far beyond what we can even conceive of, or the kids themselves might be aware of...

I usually feel reassured that my child has a phone. She can have a way to contact help if she ever should need it, it teaches me a great deal about her school friends, lets me into the world of her art and writing forums, and she has developed a marvelous network of virtual friendships that are precious and invaluable to her. I am trying to teach the precautions that are second nature to me, in the virtual world. But heartbreaking cases such as this one, leave me so very uneasy.

I don't believe it's even possible, to know every "friend","contact", "fan", "follower", "lurker" who sees "something" about a child, via other people she interacts with online. So it not always going to be a case of negligence or a lack of vigilance that will result in harm.

The internet is a double edged sword for sure.

http://www.insideedition.com/headli...ho-may-help-cops-shed-light-on-murder-of-teen
Killers have been known to stalk isolated hiking trails, according to safety expert Steve Kardian.

"Don’t go into the woods, don’t go hiking, don’t go into a place of isolation without a weapon," he told Inside Edition.

He said that if someone approaches you in the woods and tries to attack, use your elbows and knees to fight back. He also recommended using your backpack as a weapon.

Indiana State Police Sgt. Kim Riley said about 6:20 p.m. Thursday that police were at a Carroll County residence serving a search warrant in this case, but no one has been arrested. It is unclear if there will be any arrest, he added.

Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said police have been flooded with tips about the death of the girls who were killed Monday near the Monon High Bridge.

The girls were dropped off about 1 p.m. to hike the Historic Trails, but they never returned. Their families reported them missing about 5:30 p.m. Monday.

http://www.jconline.com/story/news/crime/2017/02/16/police-create-tip-line-delphi-killings/98015212/

cross your fingers........................

Elbows, knees and backpack sure aren't going to help if an attacker has a gun...

There's only two options--he's a local or he's not a local.

If a local, I'm really surprised he hasn't been named yet.

If not a local, I'm very confident he planned this meeting with them, most likely online. It may take a little time to get info from their phones, devices and/or computers or maybe even other friends they confided in. But they will find who ever the girls may have been in contact with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member