IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MOO: the surrounding scene wasn't bloody. It is too clean after the fact....unless LE went through and wiped blood off every leaf, blade of grass, etc.
True didn't property owner describe it as "pristine"
(He creeped me out for some reason. Yuck)

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Glad that this case is reaching an international audience, distance seems to be no obstacle for some perps, imo.fwiw.
http://cnews.canoe.com/CNEWS/Crime/2017/02/24/22706463.html
Feb 24, 2017

EDMONTON - A 22-year-old Australian man is facing charges after being accused of travelling to Edmonton to have sex with a 13-year-old girl he met online, say investigators from the province's Internet Child Exploitation unit and Australia’s New South Wales Police

"The internet allows us to access the world from wherever we are, and while advantageous in so many areas of life, it also creates opportunities for online predators. The relationships we have with our law enforcement colleagues across the globe has never been more important for potential child victims," said New South Wales police force sex crimes Det.-Supt. Linda Howlett prior to a Friday press conference in Edmonton.
rbbm.

they might have...but I'm thinking 23 minutes after the snapchat pic, Libby starts to vid

Maybe they noticed him, but didn't think anything about it until he started to follow them or encounter on the bridge. MOO off course.

attachment.php
This is a picture of the end posts of the bridge as looking south(as you can see its quite a bit smaller and more of a TT post
attachment.php
Here is a pic taken from the far south end looking back towards the north
attachment.php
and these are the posts on the far north end of the bridge taken from the trail. this is the TTT posts

Just trying to give a little clearer picture of what the actual areas look like in a in person view so to speak, without zoom
Thank you.
I'm going to have this bridge in my nightmares.

This should give people an idea of where the sun was about the time the girls encountered the guy on the bridge. Do phones save in mirror image?
attachment.php

(Slightly o/t, there was a case I saw on Forensic Files I think which analyzed this (sun's position) and this led to an arrest. A perp had committed a murder but filmed a video of him supposedly canoeing at that time and the tape produced a timestamp verifying his alibi. They were able to determine via a forensic meteorologist or something like that that the video was a fake and recorded afterwards via analysis of the sun's angle.

Another case was a couple who pushed a lady off a cliff for her insurance money. They were able to determine the height of the photographer who took the last picture of victim, based on the sun and it's shadow.

Anyway, good stuff, thanks for posting.)

(Eta: I think it was a "Forensic Astronomer" who was called in to debunk the canoe video alibi.)

2:07pm Snap Chat photo of Abby, taken by Libby
2:30pm BG last scene (likely on Libby's phone)
3/3:30pm Girls supposed to be picked up, did not show
5:30pm Girls reported missing
?? Search called off for night, family did not stop searching
11:45am (next day) search resumes
12:00pm ISH (??) girls' bodies found

Maybe they noticed him, but didn't think anything about it until he started to follow them or encounter on the bridge. MOO off course.

right and I'm betting the encounter happens very shortly after 2:30pm

Elizabeth Collins and Lyric Cook in 2012 in Evansdale Iowa they have a thread in the cold case section. There are some similarities but we don't know for sure yet.

I don't know if itwould be the same killer....but maybe they could ask if anyone local knows someone that fits this photo...that might have moved from Iowa to Ind and lived here the last few years. Worth a try...especially if they don't have dna from that other case.

Thank you.

(Every night just about since last week. As stated, we will never unhear that voice. )

Yeah, that's why I posted a video and let people make their own assumptions. I didn't want to post a photo of any one person. I wouldn't want that done to me and I wouldn't do that to anyone else. I'm from a city of over 3 million people and have never even been to a small town. I wasn't aware people dressed alike in Delphi. It makes sense though. But regardless, I wouldn't have posted a photo of a seemingly innocent person.

Thank you for posting about the drone footage. It is WAY more steep/clifflike than I'd imagined and I can't see getting to the creek bed from either side of the bridge without going through the woods for some ways. No way would I be brave enough to get on that bridge after seeing the drone footage. It looks so different from that side angle.

Her video and audio could be on the cloud??

Considering the girls location I doubt her phone (if she even had an iPhone) would have uploaded the video to the cloud since there probably wasn't a close enough cell tower to give her phone a full signal. I know that my phone doesn't even add my pictures to my Photo Stream until it's either connected to a WiFi signal or has a strong cellular signal.

If reports are correct that her phone was turned off (or the battery died) around the time that they were reported missing I doubt there was much of a chance of the video being already uploaded.

Thank you.

Agreed. Everything about this case is giving me bad feelings, though, tbh.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

Not going to say much about this, but has the person they did a search warrant for been cleared yet? I did some digging & there has been info on news stations that I didn't think should necessarily be reported on until this person is proven to have had involvement. Also, in order to serve a search warrant, how concrete does the reasoning behind it have to be? I don't know what enables LE to obtain these search warrants. Can it be something as simple as a tip or something more tangible?

An application for a search warrant must contain a sworn statement of probably cause to believe that the object or location to be searched contains evidence that is linked to a crime or crime scene.

In my opinion, the local judge there would sign a warrant filled out in crayon.

Considering the girls location I doubt her phone (if she even had an iPhone) would have uploaded the video to the cloud since there probably wasn't a close enough cell tower to give her phone a full signal. I know that my phone doesn't even add my pictures to my Photo Stream until it's either connected to a WiFi signal or has a strong cellular signal.

If reports are correct that her phone was turned off (or the battery died) around the time that they were reported missing I doubt there was much of a chance of the video being already uploaded.

Then how did she upload the Snapchat picture? She did have signal from the bridge.

I use DropBox and every picture and video is automatically uploaded to dropbox. I used to have unlimited data plan and would use my phones data plan to upload immediately. Now I have it switched to only use Wifi as I share 14 GBs with my family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momo1