IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just checked and they are not. I'm not sure if they would allow them in the media thread? Maybe ask the OP.

Thanks, Suglo.

I turned Java back on, and just searched Gray Hughes Delphi on Youtube and WOW!

I am so very impressed. And also spooked by seeing what likely was the girls' path to their deaths. :(

I cannot stop thinking about Libby and Abby.

Good point! Although, it's also possible that the DNA they've gotten back is no match because it wasn't from the assailant. I.e a cigarette butt not from the assailant...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Based on LE behavior, it is JMO that they do not have DNA results back yet look for movement in the case early next week.. not necessarily an arrest but movement. Notice L hasn't ruled in or out a connection with the case in Iowa... why? no DNA yet.

Who is our resident photo guru here?

I'm not verified . It's what I do for a living... depending on what you need , I could possibly help. You can pm me or if you want someone verified I think you can find that on homepage of WS.:)

I don't think he is as heavy as he appears in the photos
Baggy jeans hoodie and coat over whatever else he has stuffed in there makes him appear stocky or heavy.
I don't think he is.

Jmo
Not sure where I saw this, not LE for sure but they estimated his height at 6' and weight at 200 pounds. Please don't take this as fact. It did seem about right to me.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Thank you so much! So if they are serving search warrants on RSO's then it must mean they don't have their DNA evidence back yet... which would fit in with my hunch.

This makes me a little nervous that search warrants are just now being served on RSOs? I had assumed they had all been cleared by now. But I know these things take time.

The fact that RSO warrants are being served also potentially indicates the crime is more likely to be sexually motivated IMHO which really makes my heart hurt.

Side note: I have read a bunch of SM related to the victims and it definitely makes you feel like you knew the girls and their families. Just wanted to warn those of us that are empathic/sensitive it can get emotional pretty fast.

This is a reply to @harleymae about if she had an iPhone or Android. Very good point. There is no confirmation on which type of phone Libby had. I am so glad you pointed out that Android phones don't need Wifi to backup data.

I guess we are back to square one on whether the suspect found the phone or not. I feel like if he was tech savvy he would have known she had a phone and grabbed it and destroyed it.

i think they have the phone, or want someone to think they do based on words used in the press release.

Sent from my RCT6303W87DK using Tapatalk

Was he running toward them?

Not with hands in his pockets, imo.

I think he is just walking, not pivoting, running, jumping...just casually walking. This picture is zoomed in because he is not close to Libby from everything we can tell by trees etc. the reason they don't know if BG is the perp is because they don't have video of him speaking. But the time it would take to walk from one end to the other probably captures his speaking. But by then she probably pocketed the phone. So there is serious chance when she started filming she had no idea he was evil or coming for them, JMO.

After seeing the area in the video I'm really puzzled over this. I can understand how they crossed the water but not why. And yes, I realize it's something that only the murderer(s) can answer but it does make me wonder if there was some sort of significance to that spot. Both sides of the river are secluded so it probably wasn't for privacy. I just don't know. Maybe they did it to intimidate the girls psychologically or maybe they felt it would be harder for the girls to run.

Ugh. Whatever the reason, my heart aches when I think of the terror Abigail and Liberty felt. :(

I think he crossed so as not to be interrupted by any other potential hikers on the Monon Bridge side.

Based on LE behavior, it is JMO that they do not have DNA results back yet look for movement in the case early next week.. not necessarily an arrest but movement. Notice L hasn't ruled in or out a connection with the case in Iowa... why? no DNA yet.

I agree, I do not believe they have DNA results*. However, this isn't an absolute conclusion based on the search of a SO homes.

Not to be dismissive, but there is a lot of overthink going on in these threads. Most of the time the most logical explanation is the right explanation. No one is going to force 2 girls and themselves to cross a creek like that when it is secluded either side equally. Very easy for the guy or girls to lose balance and fall. It's a big risk for the perp...whether they are alive.. or whether he is dragging bodies across the river. And it's easy to get spotted if the perpetrator leaves the concealment of the trees. In my opinion, the whole crime happened on the north side of the creek. LE in the creek is looking for a weapon or other evidence thrown there.

Look at the hill coming down from the cemetery on the north.. It is a perfect location where distance isolation from civilization plus the shoulders of a natural funnel in the hill, make for a perfect location.
Why take the chance of someone coming along while he is walking them back across to the other side?

i think they have the phone, or want someone to think they do based on words used in the press release.

Sent from my RCT6303W87DK using Tapatalk

Agreed. They want him to be ****ting his pants and so do I, for that matter! I kickboxed yesterday and am so sore from beating the heck out of the suspect (in my imagination).

Not to be dismissive, but there is a lot of overthink going on in these threads. Most of the time the most logical explanation is the right explanation. No one is going to force 2 girls and themselves to cross a creek like that when it is secluded either side equally. Very easy for the guy or girls to lose balance and fall. It's a big risk for the perp...whether they are alive.. or whether he is dragging bodies across the river. And it's easy to get spotted if the perpetrator leaves the concealment of the trees. In my opinion, the whole crime happened on the north side of the creek. LE in the creek is looking for a weapon or other evidence thrown there.

Look at the hill coming down from the cemetery on the north.. It is a perfect location where distance isolation from civilization plus the shoulders of a natural funnel in the hill, make for a perfect location.
I think either scenario could be argued as most logical depending on how you look at it. Maybe he just passed them when this photo was taken and then followed them back the opposite direction down the bridge and confronted at the North end as you suggest. Or he confronted them soon after this picture was captured and led them off the bridge at either end. Or, he confronted them as soon as they exited the south end of the bridge.

Any scenario seems plausible.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Looked fairly easy when the LE was doing it in all honesty...
That was likely fire fighters, not LE in the creek. With rope lines. And the right equipment, including survival suits (because the water is cold). They train for that kind of stuff. They have almost certainly trained in that creek in case they ever had to rescue someone.

I agree, it looks as if he is pivoting and either heading straight toward the girls (if they were close together), or veering around Abby who was directly in front of him and towards Libby....OR, was cutting around Abby to get in front of her and accost her......

Whichever it was, I definitely see him changing tack. MOO
Not necessarily disagreeing but it appears he's looking down and being somewhat careful where he's stepping. We know the bridge has sizeable gaps between the stats. Jmo tho.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

The worst part about a case like this , getting huge national exposure I mean, is that if and when the guy is caught, there will be lawyers falling all over themselves to represent him, if for nothing more than the publicity. He'll get the best treatment possible because his attorney's will demand it. He'll get every consideration and perk known for a high profile defendant. They'll be working every single day to try and get him acquitted at trial.

It's going to be disgusting to watch.

I've seen a few comments where people are hoping he doesn't off himself in order to avoid justice being served, but from a purely aggravation standpoint, it would probably be best for everyone if he did. These high profile murder trials have a way of turning these murdering psychopaths into rock stars.

You are correct.

I was a Real Estate Broker in Indiana and we were taught that usually in instances like the bridge it was generally hard for a property owner to prosecute tis type of trespassing because of their burden of proof. It's kind of like the "squatter rights". I believe, but could be wrong as I have been out of real for about 5 years, that if such active been happening for a period of ten years without something being done, i.e. title transfer, prosecution of trespassers, etc. owner has no right to take legal action.

Hello all, boy it's hard to keep up with you; ya'll move fast!

Not sure if this is covered, I'm on thread 10 but I am so curious how the perp could manage to have two girls go with him to where he could gain control. There has been speculation that he could have been posing as a younger male to get them to meet up with him.

I'm wondering if he was in fact posing as that young male and when he got to the girls said something like: "are you looking for so and so? he hurt himself I'll bring you to him he asked me to get you.

Because to me, the down the hill comment sounds a bit like he is in authority BUT giving direction.

Just a thought

The worst part about a case like this , getting huge national exposure I mean, is that if and when the guy is caught, there will be lawyers falling all over themselves to represent him, if for nothing more than the publicity. He'll get the best treatment possible because his attorney's will demand it. He'll get every consideration and perk known for a high profile defendant. They'll be working every single day to try and get him acquitted at trial.

It's going to be disgusting to watch.

I've seen a few comments where people are hoping he doesn't off himself in order to avoid justice being served, but from a purely aggravation standpoint, it would probably be best for everyone if he did. These high profile murder trials have a way of turning these murdering psychopaths into rock stars.

No lawyer wants to represent the murderer of two children. If he loses, he lost. If he wins, he has to live with the shame of being the guy who got off the killer of two young girls.

10/10 would not represent again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members