IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you mean use dogs to track down the perp? This would have been impossible here because the dog needs to be first given an item with the scent that it is supposed to track, i.e. a recently worn piece of clothing. Since the perp (presumably) didn't leave any belongings behind LE would not have had anything to offer the dog as a reference sample. On the other hand, tracking dogs could have been used (and maybe were?) to find Abby and Libby if their family had provided LE with recently worn clothing or bedding of theirs. However, even then there are lots of factors that would make it difficult for a dog to track. Being high up on that bridge and possibly on a windy day their scent would become untraceable. Cadaver dogs could have also been used to find their bodies if they had been missing longer. But again, tracking the perp would be impossible because there is no scent sample available. These dogs are smart, but they do need to be given a point (or scent) of reference.

http://www.newsandtribune.com/india...cle_dfef61b5-ad9e-5a87-8329-1f66aaa8719a.html

It says volunteers were told to stay away and not contaminate anything because the search dogs were out at one point

Great graphic work by Gray Hughes! This explained, at this in my mind, how the sad encounter happened. The poor girls were stuck on the other side of the bridge. I didn't realize until a couple days ago that the bridge continues for so long at the top of the trees after the creek. One would either have jump and take the risk or continue south east to get away from the perp. JMO

I don't understand 2 things from the video (which is excellent): I understand the Liberty1 and Abby pins. This is the location of when Libby was taking the Abby SC photo. With the Liberty2 pin, is that assumed to be later (after Liberty1) when the girls had basically made it across the bridge and she took the picture of the man?

Also, how do we suppose he got the bodies across the water? I know it's impossible to know that, but I'm curious what the theories are.

attachment.php

Attachments

• bridge guy.jpg
    bridge guy.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 765
I've had similar thoughts about parents that plaster their children's names on the back window of their stupid SUVs.

That drives me bonkers too. And all my kids friends in elementary school have their names on backpacks....no way...some creep yells out their name and bam.

I read an interesting MSM article on a woman who provided a false tip in another LE investigation... I really hope LE in Delphi are not having to deal with similar problems.. http://www.pjstar.com/news/20170104/woman-accused-of-providing-false-tip-in-search-for-pekin-boy

What a horrible person. I don't understand how anyone could do that. I guess some will do anything to interject themselves into a case to get attention. Gah!

I have read what LE dislikes the most are those calling in or emailing them their theories about what they 'think' may have happened. They said they dont need theories... they need actual tips from people who have actually seen things or know things pertinent to the murders themselves.

I remember that happened in the Scott Peterson case and the police said they wanted to pull their hair out from all the people calling or emailing them telling how they 'thought' Laci was murdered when they didn't have one factual bit of information to offer.

I know it must be frustrating for the police having to wade through that while looking for viable and credible tips. Its probably even worse now since the boom of so many social media sites.

New Math:

Have a life = Miss a thread

Anything new since 2 hours ago?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Yes they will. There have been many cases where prominent attorneys have offered up services... as to why... perhaps- http://www.post-gazette.com/opinion...fend-killers-and-rapists/stories/201308040170

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These are lawyers who are fighting causes bigger than their clients trial. For example, they oppose the death penalty, so they take on a sure-fire capital case.

No lawyer wants to take on a reprehensible killer of two children.

None.

You leave no tracks in water. Back in the old days it was common practice to use waterways to hide your trail.

ETA And scent.

My goodness. Maybe, if they did cross the creek, he was planning on taking them alive with him.

Yes they will. There have been many cases where prominent attorneys have offered up services... as to why... perhaps- http://www.post-gazette.com/opinion...fend-killers-and-rapists/stories/201308040170

This gives a good perspective. I've had to testify in many criminal cases on behalf of prosecution and have really had to keep perspective and not personalize defense tactics. It helps knowing a couple defense attorneys personally to understand they aren't monsters. At the end of the day, though, it pains me to see so many criminal offenders get off due to technicalities or being able to bring doubt to credibility or character of young children alleging abuse.

I hope that justice is served in this case and thus appreciate LE keeping things out of the public view for now. Successful prosecution is important.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

That drives me bonkers too. And all my kids friends in elementary school have their names on backpacks....no way...some creep yells out their name and bam.

I'm so proud of our elementary school. They no longer put the kids' names on their field trip tags. They just put the name and contact information for the school.

And yet, in this case, LE is asking for ANY AND ALL tips, no matter how insignificant. I believe the link to that is quoted at the beginning of each thread, if that helps!

What a horrible person. I don't understand how anyone could do that. I guess some will do anything to interject themselves into a case to get attention. Gah!

I have read what LE dislikes the most are those calling in or emailing them their theories about what they 'think' may have happened. They said they dont need theories... they need actual tips from people who have actually seen things or know things pertinent to the murders themselves.

I remember that happened in the Scott Peterson case and the police said they wanted to pull their hair out from all the people calling or emailing them telling how they 'thought' Laci was murdered when they didn't have one factual bit of information to offer.

I know it must be frustrating for the police having to wade through that while looking for viable and credible tips. Its probably even worse now since the boom of so many social media sites.

Also, if there was no one in that space then the LE would be able to play the video of him walking.

As the photos are stills from the video that Libby took and if there was no one there then what could be the reason for not showing actual video.

As others keep saying, seeing a few strides and how BG carries himself would be extra helpful in identifying him.

I think video cannot be shown because he encounters Abby. Just my thoughts though.
I think he went for the girl that was further away. Once he had her he then went for the other. It only makes sense. If he went for the girl closest the girl who was further away could run.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I'm so proud of our elementary school. They no longer put the kids' names on their field trip tags. They just put the name and contact information for the school.

Our kids do different colored t shirts with the school name. Each class gets a different color. It's fantastic! No names at all!!! They charge us $5 for them. They use them again during field day too

I have not posted before and am rather new to this site before this incident happened. Keeping up with the news and this site is pretty difficult. But I just wanted to put my 2 cents out there. There's a lot of ifs and speculation going on. Its sad to think that these 2 girls knew something bad was about to happen which is why the took out the camera. Liberty thought by doing this if something happened to them it would be easy to find the person who hurt them. And its frustrating this hasn't been the case thus far. It is my belief that these girls had an encounter with this person earlier on their hike. Somewhere along the beginning of their hike, ran into him for whatever reason and may not have had a pleasant encounter. I think this person knows the area very well and lives amongst the community. I think after their first encounter, the man for whatever reason, went and get the tools to harm these girls. To me it appears he has things bunched in his jacket so that if he encounters other people they wont see what he has. I think he doubled back to find them. I think when they saw him approaching, because of an earlier encounter, they thought to turn on their phone. Maybe they thought it would be an argument an altercation that turned into something more serious. In any regard, I think this man lives close. Very strong possibility it is one of the sex offenders in the area. thats what my bets on. I hope someone turns him in though. that's a pretty decent picture, someone knows who this person is!!

If someone knows the width of the bridge rail ties, we could get an estimate of height from the images of him on the bridge. Take his image (original and unskewed) and compare to the slat he is walking on.

Wow. I didn't some know people were guessing 5'8. That's pretty dang short for a man imo.

I think it's kind of iffy to even guess just based on we don't want people to rule out possible suspects because they are too tall or too short. Not saying that towards you at all, just in general.

If LE DID eventually give an estimated height and it was something as short as 5'8 or taller than 6'2 I think that would be a huge benefit for people trying to notice him.

All imo! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members