IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I did a little investigating of my own and found this guy to be pretty interesting. He lives very close to the Delphi trail and has an eerie resemblance to the guy in the photo that the police released. He is a registered sex offender the police should check this out.

http://www.icrimewatch.net/offenderdetails.php?OfndrID=1266375&AgencyID=54663

attachment.php

There is one guy on that list marked as non compliantl.

I feel like this is always towing the line. Then it leads to everyone talking about it too much and asking "what are you talking about pm me!" and then info starts being spilled, then next thing we know the thread is locked. It seems to be an endless cycle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HA so true. But for years we've done it on other threads and it's been pretty decent- I think at first a bunch of new people join and it takes a bit to get everyone up to speed on the rules.

Honestly this thread has had more issues than most...linking and asking an opinion with initials has worked fine for years.

I hope this works - new at posting. I was trying to look for different details or things that have not been discussed. Is it possible that the jacket is a pullover, and the white coming out of the top is a plastic bag handle, with the plastic bag making him look much bulkier than he is? Does it appear that there is a logo on the fanny pack/belt thing? Also, the footwear looks unusual to me in terms of the white band on one show and the white spot on the other, and/or the position of his feet. I understand it is possible they were photoshopped by LE, but perhaps something to think about? I placed a circle/arrows on the image below.

View attachment 111140

Are those shoes Adidas Sambas? I used to have some in college and that was my first thought. Now those shoes would not have done well in the creek.

48df6661342250cc8a9ae10e61d8d607.jpg

So I did a little investigating of my own and found this guy to be pretty interesting. He lives very close to the Delphi trail and has an eerie resemblance to the guy in the photo that the police released. He is a registered sex offender the police should check this out.
Great, the thread gets closed again.

With deepest respect, I beg to differ. I can spot turkey scratching's a long way off. I spend a lot of time in the mountains, and a foot print is easily spotted.

ETA It would be for me. I should have clarified that, sorry.

Right. I was assuming the searcher was an average person such as myself, however, I realize now he is likely a hunter and familiar with the woods. IMO.

The post you quoted will likely be removed, and now administration will also need to do additional work snipping the quote from your post. The alert triangle is more efficient. Just saying, no offense intended.
It's on the first thread and was discussed.

HA so true. But for years we've done it on other threads and it's been pretty decent- I think at first a bunch of new people join and it takes a bit to get everyone up to speed on the rules.

Honestly this thread has had more issues than most...linking and asking an opinion with initials has worked fine for years.

Agreed. I think the thread is just so popular it's hard to catch everything.

Mostly a lurker, haven't posted since the Teleka Patrick case, but here are my random thoughts:

<<<>>>

7. *I hate speculating in the COD, as it is gut wrenching. *That being said, I have to believe it was especially traumatic given the reaction of seasoned LE that have witnessed such horrible events before. *Also because the search continued even after the victims were found, implying a visual identification was not 100% possible even though less than 24 hours had passed since these poor girls were last sighted.

<<<>>>

rsbm

I was concerned about that at the time as well, but the viewing for both girls was open caskets. (Which was a refief to know.)

IMO he does look more bundled up than the girls did with a hoodie and a jacket over it.I'm wondering if he possibly could have come on a motorcycle or a regular bicycle.

Yeah, my thought was that the next frame shows a gun or knife.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Good evening everyone! This is my first post, so please bear with me if I mess this up. Could the image that some folks looked like a bag, in fact be the inside of Abigail's jacket/sweatshirt? Maybe he was turning to walk around her at the moment?

if it is an rso their dna is in the system already. If they have dna it would get a hit if it is a rso. Now if they don't have dna then obviously it could be anyone.

You know this just makes me cry. I have been posting over and over again that I believed that Abby is right there. I have zero experience in working with photo enhancements but I was convinced she is there. I posted my lame attempts at showing the close-ups of that dark space, messed up the names, all sorts, but have remained convicted that she was right in front of him. But to see what looks to be an outline of her is even worse. Perhaps it is not her and is some other anomaly but as I have been sure in my mind it gives me only heartache to think that maybe I have been right about this.

Again, part of my conviction stems from not being able to see him walk, for even a few steps. Why? I still believe because he encounters Abby.

You know I don't know that I am cut out for this. I don't think I am strong enough. I have tremendous respect for all of you who do this case after case. How do you all do it?

I do recall you pointing it out. I just kept in on a back burner for now, because there is so much going on with this case. The area, the town, the good folks living there, railroads, bridges etc..and the pics, the audio - the victims.

You don't have to be an artist to be able to appreciate a good painting. Critics are rarely artists by the way. So, your idea counts, no matter if you can visualize it or not. That's why we are a team - all together.

-Nin

First time poster, JMO everytime someone takes a picture, alters it by adding color, croping it and enlarging
it you can see anything your mind wants you to. I mean no disrespect to no one..

I agree and if LE intentionally blurred the pic (not saying they did) there is no way any of us are going to make that imagine reappear. You can't put something there that isn't.

I think the pic released by LE is the best they have. I doubt that any of us here have capabilities better than the FBI at enhancing pictures. JMO

Is it wrong for me to say in a way I'm glad I have a painful UTI so I can monitor these threads more often? :/

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

It's no more wrong than my having the flu for three days now. Kinda nice to be a couch tater.

Mostly a lurker, haven't posted since the Teleka Patrick case, but here are my random thoughts:

1. The FBI response to this case screams it is even more than it first appears. This isn't them sending a few agents to assist, they have nearly two dozen agents directly helping and who knows how many more assisting behind the scenes. This isn't a normal response. Neither is using electronic billboards across the entire country. I have to believe they have reason to know he has struck before, as in perhaps he left a calling card (a peculiar cause of death, staged bodies in a particular way, left a token from a previous crime, etc.) OR there are words contained in the video that indicate imminent plans for future attacks.

2. Listening to the audio clip with headphones and equipment that allows the audio to be slowed down, I absolutely hear "G'down the hill" which is a clear instruction, not someone giving directions to a person that is looking for something. At this point, he is in control, no question in my mind.

3. Although the audio clip is brief, I notice something else too. The emphasis in the sentence is on the last word, "hill." In my career, I have worked in three states - Indiana, Kentucky, and Michigan. That particular accent and word emphasis is more Southern Indiana or further South. After about a year in Kentucky, I noticed myself starting the put emphasis on words in the same way. For what it's worth, I have traveled extensively throughout the country also. It's certainly not a science, but my ears identify him as at least semi-local to the area.

4. My hypothesis is that Libby was using Snapchat to video Abby when BG started to approach. Libby pans the camera to the right to capture BG in her shot, inadvertently leaving just a sliver of Abby's jacket in the shot. I believe the incident escalated instantly for this reason: if Libby even had 5-10 seconds to do anything else, it seems she would have immediately sent the video snap to her story. Every single person that follows her on Snap would have been able to see the video right away. I've seen how fast my own teenagers navigate through Snapchat and other social media. It would have taken mere seconds if she hadn't become preoccupied. Having teenagers, when they move quickly to do something, they tend to hastily slide their phone in their back pocket. Perhaps Libby did just that, allowing the audio to be captured.

5. Does anyone know if there was any significant search the night of their disappearance? From what I've read, it sounded like a search of some sort around the bridge, but it doesn't seem like it escalated to something significant (large amount of people, scent dogs, etc.) until the next morning. While I recognize a full blown search party doesn't happen immediately for every person that is missing for a few hours, children this age that don't have a history and/or reason to run off have been handled differently in my area. At a minimum, I can assure you that me and every family member/close friend would be searching through the night if a child of mine had unexpectedly disappeared. To be clear, I am not placing blame or second guessing. That may have actually happened, and I just haven't read about it.

6. Some have hypothesized victims may have been removed from the area and subsequently brought back to be dumped. While not impossible, I can't fathom why BG would leave with them and come back. Even if there was not a full out search that night, surely LE or others were at least driving around the area more than normal. If BG abducted the victims only to bring them back later, it is a powerful statement that he wanted the victims to be found quickly, almost thumbing his nose at LE.

7. I hate speculating in the COD, as it is gut wrenching. That being said, I have to believe it was especially traumatic given the reaction of seasoned LE that have witnessed such horrible events before. Also because the search continued even after the victims were found, implying a visual identification was not 100% possible even though less than 24 hours had passed since these poor girls were last sighted.

8. Thank you to this site and the admins for running a tight ship. FB pages have people swearing to "facts" around cause of death when they can't all be correct, as five different causes have been stated as absolute fact. That causes a murky abyss not conducive to sleuthing.

9. I have tried to adhere to the TOS. If I have done anything wrong, please let me know and edit accordingly.

They did have an open casket though, so the mortician was able to make them very presentable. That means whatever did occur was easily covered with clothing items to hide. So their heads and faces must have been mostly untouched imo.

LE has been clear there is a lot more video and audio they aren't releasing. SC is 10 seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elenabarlow