IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
(images snipped for space)

Original pic from 2012 google earth and marked where I think I see the paths. Is this right?

View attachment 111258View attachment 111259

Yes your spot on. So if he confronted them at the north end of the bridge then they just walked along the woods to that path and never really encountered the water at all, that we know of

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"DELPHI, Ind.- Monday will mark two weeks since teenagers Abby Williams and Liberty German disappeared during a hike near Delphi.

<snip>

“The commitment from these other agencies, and these people that are committed to finding the murderer…is just extraordinary,” said Carter.

Local, state and federal agencies are still working around the clock, with the FBI even setting up shop in a bigger building to handle the tips and evidence coming in. As of this weekend, state police have logged almost 8,000 tips, made several trips back to the crime scene, and have continued to push that grainy photo of the suspect and the chilling audio captured on Libby’s cell phone. Despite those efforts, there has not been a significant break in the case."

<snip>

http://fox59.com/2017/02/26/exclusi...frustration-high-professionalism-even-higher/

I see some people still talking about the girls crossing the creek. According to the searchers yesterday in Delphi the girls were found on the north east side of the bridge. 50 feet back off the water. If that's the case they never went into the creek or crossed the creek

I don't think they did either because he would be wet and if anyone saw him it would have stuck in their minds I'm sure.
can you cross by stepping stones or a little bridge.

I don't think they did either because he would be wet and if anyone saw him it would have stuck in their minds I'm sure.
can you cross by stepping stones or a little bridge.

Well like skibaboo posted in this pic they just stayed east of the river and walked along the woods. It's funny how these aerial pictures make it looks like a very long distance when in actuality it's not.
8f2ecd566e23b489a9a0253688839ee4.jpg

Was this a regular place the girls hung out? I have a daughter that age and there's no way she and her friends would ever want to go hike alone. Who dropped them off?

Just seems like such a small amount of time for a happenstance encounter. Someone had to know they'd be there. JMO

Let me start this post off with a big huge IMO
I believe he's in his 40s to early 50s. I think he also has an elevated sense of self. He feels important and smarter then the general population. I would say he has a criminal record and a long history of sexual offences. I think he has ties to the community but doesn't live in Delphi. He is enjoying the fact that everybody's looking for him. He finally feels as important as he thinks he is. I also believe he knows technology and is reading everything he can about the case. (It gives him a thrill ) like him knowing a secret no one else knows. He feels special. I do believe he was there for a reason and I'm starting to think while he was in his car he did see the girls being dropped off. I believe he had a gun but it was only used to intimidate the girls into compliance. As I stated this is just my opinion

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Here is very good place to start learning the dynamics of these types of killers.
Numerous case studies have been done and several norms have been created.

This is a fascinating read for people truly interested in this type of crime.

It is an executive analysis of a larger work that expands on the theories involved.
https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/pr/201316.pdf

I'm so confused...do we know that they were taken off the North end of the bridge? If they came off the south could they have reached the place they were found without crossing the creek???

TIA

I'm so confused...do we know that they were taken off the North end of the bridge? If they came off the south could they have reached the place they were found without crossing the creek???

TIA

I was in Delphi yesterday. I spoke with the search party. They confirmed their bodies were found on the north side of the bridge. So it makes no sense to me why he would take them down to cross the creek only to cross it again where their bodies were found.

Well like skibaboo posted in this pic they just stayed east of the river and walked along the woods. It's funny how these aerial pictures make it looks like a very long distance when in actuality it's not.
8f2ecd566e23b489a9a0253688839ee4.jpg

I've not seen that before. Is the straight line the bridge and the squiggle one the pth they could have taken. Sorry it might sound a silly question but the whole area confuses me

Yes your spot on. So if he confronted them at the north end of the bridge then they just walked along the woods to that path and never really encountered the water at all, that we know of

That we know of no. Your pics are fantastic btw, thank you! I can see on the map the gate entry to the trail too, that you photographed opposite the house west of the cemetery. What has confused me was the police activity under the south side of the bridge, and along the south east of the bridge. They may just be being thorough but I wouldn't dismiss that they could have crossed the creek, not just yet anyway.

Having a hard time figuring out which end of the bridge was north or south. Am I right in assuming the north end he would have had to cross the stream and the South end he would not have? Did the girls begin at the north or south end of the bridge?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I was in Delphi yesterday. I spoke with the search party. They confirmed their bodies were found on the north side of the bridge. So it makes no sense to me why he would take them down to cross the creek only to cross it again where their bodies were found.

Thanks for making the trip--the photos were great.

Did anyone say if they know/strongly believe they were taken off the north end--that changes everything to me.

I remember the videos posted here showed the bodies where you are saying they were but if we don't know where they started from we don't know how they got there. Does that make sense?

Sorry if I'm being obtuse; it is early (or very late, as the case may be).

I've not seen that before. Is the straight line the bridge and the squiggle one the pth they could have taken. Sorry it might sound a silly question but the whole area confuses me

No the bridge is in the very bottom left corner, do you see it? This is just marking what #1nana saw, a path that is along the top of the woods (the top line, it goes all the way to the north end of the bridge) and the squiggle is what I can make out as a path down to the creek from the back of the cemetery. It's not a true path but more a path that has formed from people walking down there I think.

The bottom of the red sqiggly line is approx where the girls bodies was found

When I first joined in the dialogue, there was a tv news crew that walked the path police believed BG and the girls took to the final spot. It was off the bridge, at the north end and directly to the right, "down the hill."

This is what the police had said (I will have to try and find that tv link) and they sounded matter of fact about the route. Oh, and they even panned across to the closeness of the house across the street.

And, because of the tv report, I assumed that this had to be.

Also someone posted a rather straight forward map of the path coming off the bridge at the north end, going right and following a path along the water to the final spot - no water crossing (I cannot remember who or which thread, sorry).

I said at the time that I felt that the girls were on their way back north and BG got on and approached them closer to the north side. Remember I am the one that keeps going on about how that is Abby's jacket in the photo and I surmised that Abby was in front of Libby, on the way back north, and that he was coming south towards them as they were leaving.

But then those two videos came out placing BG and the girls way south on the bridge, closer to the exit at the south end and that video changed my mind completely as to which end they exited the bridge because of the their closeness of the south end and also everyone going south in pictures - it just made sense at that time with the new visual perspective.

Those videos are really indisputable because of all the natural marking points (significant trees, et al.)

And knowing they were so far out, it seemed bizarre that girls would be marched back across the whole length of the bridge towards the populated end. So then the focus became the south end. Because of that I gave up the idea of him passing them and then getting them on the rebound going north, it just seemed too far.

The new theory about the south end has niggled at me but the new visual evidence seemed much easier to justify because of the probability of him marching them back that far across almost the entire length or following them across without them making a run off that bridge and for that house seemed far-fetched to me.

So, did he pass them and, they being creeped out, turned turn back a bit early to get off that bridge?

Or did they go almost the south exit and turn around with him following them the whole time?

Did they think they were probably safe because they were heading back towards a populated area and therefore didn't run?

Did they walk with him.

My take is that the abduction did not take place on the south end of the bridge for several reasons. 1) When the police initially released the photograph, which was presumably taken from a video, the individual was not a suspect. The police also indicated not to assume the voice they released is the same as the man in the photograph. Thus, the events do not appear to have taken place at the same time leaving a gap in the timeline. 2) A river crossing, even in shallow waters, at that time of the year would be a risky proposition and not consistent with someone who had previously planned the crime.

More likely, the perpetrator had scouted the area and made contact with the two girls to ascertain the level of risk. Then either accompanied them back across the bridge in a friendly manner or returned to the north side by himself to lay in wait.

Having a hard time figuring out which end of the bridge was north or south. Am I right in assuming the north end he would have had to cross the stream and the South end he would not have? Did the girls begin at the north or south end of the bridge?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I *think* it's the opposite of your assumption.

attachment.php

are there usually a lot of visitors on these threads?? instead of registered users?? if he is the type of killer that i am assuming that he is... could he be on here trolling?? to get a thrill out of all of this publicity??? just a thought....

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 826

I totally understand, I really didn't grasp the entire picture until I actually was there yesterday. Yes the PD had spot lights in the cemetery facing into the woods behind it. There's a path at the back of the cemetery, the red squiggly line, leading to the bridge/water. That's where the girls bodies were found. I'm just assuming he gained entrance at this path, his vehicle would have been somewhat concealed at the back of the cemetery. IMO he stayed east of the river, confronted the girls, walked them back along the east the way he came in, took them closer to the water to commit his crime, left them there and left. That's just my opinion.

attachment.php

are there usually a lot of visitors on these threads?? instead of registered users?? if he is the type of killer that i am assuming that he is... could he be on here trolling?? to get a thrill out of all of this publicity??? just a thought....

Pretty much the norm. Most people don't want to go through the trouble of registering.

First off welcome all newcomers, There are many good maps in previous threads that have directional markings on them. There are also links to some youtube vids that break down the area. Do yourself a favor and familirize yourself with the previous threads. I often go back and re-look at things and find things i had missed or even forgotten about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member