IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty much the norm. Most people don't want to go through the trouble of registering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
True. I lurked for a couple years before joining and I only joined because I had insider knowledge on a case (knew a first responder to a murder scene) and so many incorrect things were being stated that I couldn't stand to just watch any longer.

Could he be lurking? Of course, why not? Does it mean he is? Only he knows.

Do you think he had already killed the girls when the search began for them that Monday? I really wish they never stopped the search that night.

Here is very good place to start learning the dynamics of these types of killers.
Numerous case studies have been done and several norms have been created.

This is a fascinating read for people truly interested in this type of crime.

It is an executive analysis of a larger work that expands on the theories involved.
https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/pr/201316.pdf
Thanks for this. Very interesting

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Do you think he had already killed the girls when the search began for them that Monday? I really wish they never stopped the search that night.

I believe so. He didnt have much time. He knew they would be searching as soon as dark fell. moo

I see some people still talking about the girls crossing the creek. According to the searchers yesterday in Delphi the girls were found on the north east side of the bridge. 50 feet back off the water. If that's the case they never went into the creek or crossed the creek

#1nana, I just posted this earlier:

According to the very first reports there was a tv news crew that walked the path police believed BG and the girls took to the final spot. It was off the bridge, at the north end and directly to the right, "down the hill."

This is what the police had said (I will have to try and find that tv link) and they sounded matter of fact about the route. Oh, and they even panned across to the closeness of the house across the street.

Confirming your synopsis.

No the bridge is in the very bottom left corner, do you see it? This is just marking what #1nana saw, a path that is along the top of the woods (the top line, it goes all the way to the north end of the bridge) and the squiggle is what I can make out as a path down to the creek from the back of the cemetery. It's not a true path but more a path that has formed from people walking down there I think.

The bottom of the red sqiggly line is approx where the girls bodies was found

I totally understand, I really didn't grasp the entire picture until I actually was there yesterday. Yes the PD had spot lights in the cemetery facing into the woods behind it. There's a path at the back of the cemetery, the red squiggly line, leading to the bridge/water. That's where the girls bodies were found. I'm just assuming he gained entrance at this path, his vehicle would have been somewhat concealed at the back of the cemetery. IMO he stayed east of the river, confronted the girls, walked them back along the east the way he came in, took them closer to the water to commit his crime, left them there and left. That's just my opinion.

Thank you. I think I'm starting to get it now.

IMO he had already done it. I can't see him risking getting himself caught by waiting .

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Here is very good place to start learning the dynamics of these types of killers.
Numerous case studies have been done and several norms have been created.

This is a fascinating read for people truly interested in this type of crime.

It is an executive analysis of a larger work that expands on the theories involved.
https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/pr/201316.pdf

This is a very interesting read! Thanks for posting it. Some things I've learned in the first couple of pages:

* Stranger abductions leading to murder of children are VERY rare. Only about 100 per year. This really hit me. How incredibly tragic for Libby and Abby and all the others and their families. Like being hit by lightening.

* For every 10,000 missing child reports only approximately 1 is an abduction murder.

* Typically the victims are average, low-risk victims, girls (76%), and a little over 11 years old.

* Victims are typically dead within 3 hours.

* Average age of killer is 27, unmarried (85%), half live alone (51%), or live with parents (34%).

* And 61% of the killers had prior arrests for violent crimes with 53% of those crimes being against children.

Like I said, very interesting read. I'm still reading.

This is a very interesting read! Thanks for posting it. Some things I've learned in the first couple of pages:

* Stranger abductions leading to murder of children are VERY rare. Only about 100 per year. This really hit me. How incredibly tragic for Libby and Abby and all the others and their families. Like being hit by lightening.

* For every 10,000 missing child reports only approximately 1 is an abduction murder.

* Typically the victims are average, low-risk victims, girls (76%), and a little over 11 years old.

* Victims are typically dead within 3 hours.

* Average age of killer is 27, unmarried (85%), half live alone (51%), or live with parents (34%).

* And 61% of the killers had prior arrests for violent crimes with 53% of those crimes being against children.

Like I said, very interesting read. I'm still reading.

You have learned quite a bit within the first few pages...its a far more sensible approach to identifying this perp than thinking he is old because he wears dad jeans...right? :clap:

Idk but it seems that LE is telling the community that there's nothing to worry about then are sayong to an eye on there kids and know where they are and what they are doing, in the fox6 now article from the 16th, (can't post from this device:() they seem to be saying that this was not a chance encounter. Maybe that is why it seems like double talk to me. If that is the case then it would seem that if there was contact/communication betweem them and LE does have the phone that would be there. Jmo

I looked at the BG image (face) again and now I agree he could be much younger than I initially thought. He could be from late 20s, but from the way he walks I think he is in the 30-40s. Also if the voice is HIS, then he should be at least 30-40s. The accent sounds mid west. Thanks for the previous post someone paid a visit to Monon Highbridge and draw the conclusion that the perp is not likely a stranger (first time to this place).
Another thought although highly unlikely. If this is done by two perps, since BG's image is everywhere, is that possible the other perp could have killed BG in order to get rid of the trouble? I say highly unlikely because BG is big and tall plus killing BG means another dead body, too risky. The most important at all, the voice sounds he is a loner. I would think a gun will be enough for one perp to take two kids, considering how ruthless the perp could be.
JMO

Pretty much the norm. Most people don't want to go through the trouble of registering.

I would like to invite folks to join Websleuths; instead of just reading. Being able to interact on a thread is quite satisfying.

Yes I think so. I said in another thread I think he saw them being dropped off and heard a pick up time when they said bye to whoever gave them a lift. Giving him the knowledge of how he long he had before people started to worry and start searching. I still can't get over how brazen it was to do this in broad daylight with a chance someone could possibly stumble upon them. I think whatever happened was pretty quick and he was gone.JMO

My thoughts on the possible routes taken.

At 2:07 Abby and Libby were on the bridge and had crossed over the water. Abby is walking in the south/east direction in the snapchat photo.

At some point Abby and Libby reach the end (or close to the end) of the bridge on the south/east side. We know this because of the video stills of the . He is walking towards Libby's camera and towards the south/east end of the bridge.

The billboards that show just the , list the time as the being "last seen" as 2:30pm. This would possibly fit with the video stills.

To go "down the hill" at the south/east end of the bridge and cross the creek to the crime scene is about 450 to 550 feet depending on the exact route.

To go back across the bridge to the north/west end of the bridge, go "down the hill" and to the crime scene is over 2000 feet depending on the exact route.

Both routes will lead to the crime scene but to me the route from the south/east end would be more likely. Seems more isolated at the south/east area after watching all the videos.

Also, the bridge is in disrepair, and crossing all the way back to the north/west end would need to be done slowly and carefully. The bridge is about 850 feet long.

There was another person who said she arrived at the north/west side of the bridge at approx. 3pm. She said she did not see the girls.

Maps of possible routes. (2 different views)

delpi4.jpgdelphi3.jpg

http://heavy.com/news/2017/02/liber...ssing-snapchat-facebook-photos-family-bridge/

http://wane.com/2017/02/24/fbi-expanding-billboards-for-tips-in-indiana-teens-killings/

https://bridgehunter.com/in/carroll/high/#Desc

Attachments

• delphi2.jpg
    delphi2.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 160
  • delphi.jpg
    delphi.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 154
I looked at the BG image (face) again and now I agree he could be much younger than I initially thought. He could be from late 20s, but from the way he walks I think he is in the 30-40s. Also if the voice is HIS, then he should be at least 30-40s. The accent sounds mid west. Thanks for the previous post someone paid a visit to Monon Highbridge and draw the conclusion that the perp is not likely a stranger (first time to this place).
Another thought although highly unlikely. If this is done by two perps, since BG's image is everywhere, is that possible the other perp could have killed BG in order to get rid of the trouble? I say highly unlikely because BG is big and tall plus killing BG means another dead body, too risky. The most important at all, the voice sounds he is a loner. I would think a gun will be enough for one perp to take two kids, considering how ruthless the perp could be.
JMO

Welcome to Websleuths!

:welcome:

Marking my spot.
I still firmly believe this has Sm written all over it in some form or fashion and not random in the least. I said it day one and nothing has swayed me yet. JMO

I also am leaning towards more that one killer.

It has been 2 weeks today. Hoping for dna test to be back soon if they have any! moo

Yes I think so. I said in another thread I think he saw them being dropped off and heard a pick up time when they said buy to whoever gave them a lift. Giving him the knowledge of how he long he had before people started to worry and start searching. I still can't get over how brazen it was to do this in broad daylight with a chance someone could possibly stumble upon them. I think whatever happened was pretty quick and he was gone.JMO
He could of asked them who and when

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

I see some people still talking about the girls crossing the creek. According to the searchers yesterday in Delphi the girls were found on the north east side of the bridge. 50 feet back off the water. If that's the case they never went into the creek or crossed the creek

1nana, thank you so very much for all you have contributed with your hiking and great photos! However, now I am confused as all get out. Do the searchers believe the girls were told to go "down the hill' from the south side of the bridge or from the north side of the bridge? Wasn't the still shot from the video of the suspect taken by Libby, positioned at the south side of the bridge, while the suspect was further north on the bridge but heading south toward the girls? Lastly, can you re-post a photo of the location where the girls's remains were found? TIA :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay