IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What was the scary video posted earlier today (?) by a guy walking across the bridge showing all the gaps in the boards? Was that YouTube, rather than FB? Maybe that's why it was OK. I could only watch about a minute of it or I would have curled up into a fetal position and started crying!

LOL I didn't see it. but Tricia addressed the YouTube question a few posts up ^

It's got to be exhausting making it all the way even though it's only 800+ feet but one must take very long strides across those gaps.(all while looking down BTW)

My initial thought was that the girls crossed the bridge from N to S and were abducted on S side and then obviously had to cross creek back to N side where bodies found! After watching video today of a man documenting his crossing of the bridge, I find it doubtful as a parent, as a mother that these girls made it across! I'm not saying that this didn't happen! I'm sticking to facts and it has not been released that the girls crossed the entirety of the bridge from N to S..... Only speculation!

Yes only speculation. I don't understand your point. Speculating is what we do here. That's why most posts have an "imo" or "moo" etc tagged onto them.

Hi, I've been following along, haven't posted since the Hannah G. Investigation. I'm still not sure if I really think he has a gun under his coat but, I looked up gun holsters and found one that may explain the odd way it could be positioned. I hopefully posted the photo correctly.

Attachments

• IMG_6142.jpg
    IMG_6142.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 99
Well, regardless they had to get off that bridge somewhere. Where BG is located on that bridge in the still shots from the video Libby had taken (which is something LE released) puts the girls pretty close to the south end of the bridge. So they either went the longer distance back north or the shorter distance south. Take your pick, it has to be one of those.

I think they turned around and went back, and he caught up with them.

I just had a thought. So if he met the girls on the North end of the bridge, there would be another route down to the river that's much easier than the steep embankment at the edge of the bridge. There is another trail that runs parallel to the trail to the bridge. I've attached a picture. The left (high) trail goes to the bridge. The right (lower) trail takes you down to the river. I wonder if they didn't cross the median in the middle and take the lower path-down the hill- to the river and under the bridge? That would have been way more secluded and less chance of running into anyone else walking the trail. You can see the guy in red going up that lower trail as I'm at the bottom.
64117d280099b176506b420739f44ddd.jpg
bb1dad0e9556f5363d9f9afc3ac6aac1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi #1nana!

I don't think I have thanked you yet for your most informative posts and pics!

You have shed so much light on this case for me and all posters!

:tyou:

So new theory time. Why put up a barbed wire fence at the end of a cemetery? Was this a previous party site for locals? I think we or the police need to start looking at old yearbooks for the local high school.

Hi, I've been following along, haven't posted since the Hannah G. Investigation. I'm still not sure if I really think he has a gun under his coat but, I looked up gun holsters and found one that may explain the odd way it could be positioned. I hopefully posted the photo correctly.
Yes. If there is a holstered gun in that photo it would be something like this.

attachment.php

Attachments

• HolsterLeft.png
    HolsterLeft.png
    472.2 KB · Views: 655
I personally think the perp is a local, or is a former local who was home visiting. There could be an elderly person in the area who is homebound and he could be there helping take care of him or her (a parent, or uncle, or aunt). I think he grew up in this area and knows it like the back of his hand. I do not believe he is a out of towner who came here on a whim, nor to meet up due to an internet/social media connection with the girls. He knows this area, and has been here numerous times before. You don't do this crime unless you feel comfortable about the area (in my opinion).

http://fox59.com/2017/02/27/police-continue-to-search-woods-for-evidence-in-delphi-double-homicide/

Police continue to search woods for evidence in Delphi double homicide
Posted 11:25 PM, February 27, 2017, by Alexis McAdams
“We want to get this case solved today. I wake up every morning thinking today is going to be that day,” said ISP Sgt. Tony Slocum.
In this particular case we are not saying the young ladies were out there for an extended period of time. So, that obviously helps but anytime you are dealing with an outside crime scene you have to factor in the elements whether it is wind, rain, debris, animals, things like that,” said Sgt. Slocum.
People calling in from all over the world to stand up and give Abby and Libby a voice that they had taken away. “If someone is on the fence about giving information I want them to know these are two little girls, these are not just people you see on the news. These were two little girls on February 13th who went out to enjoy a trail in Northern Indiana and they were murdered,” said Sgt. Slocum.

A couple things I wanted to add to left hand and profiling.

I noticed with my Iphone by taking the photo of POI and added brightness to it there is a reflection glow both on his right wrist possibly indicating he is left handed by wearing a watch on the right, in addition to a glare/glow upper right of face for possibly glasses or eyelet of hoodie.

On profiling I have taken down a list of similar crime profiles and then checked that with Odyssey's search under the criminal code for each in the area (arson, cruelty to animals) and would like to see any other research others have done? I'm working backwards by doing this and then popping addresses into google to pull other names, map addresses, etc. and did get a hit east, but not sure yet. Just curious what others have found.

Yes. If there is a holstered gun in that photo it would be something like this.

attachment.php

This is good stuff, and I think this is exactly what he had on his person. It clearly looks like the outline of a gun under his jacket, IMO.

Respectfully i think that's one of the images people "remake" I do not think it's the original because when you put this one beside police released image you can see tracks behind the man walking not like he's standing looking at girls as depicted here.

db5cde7b42e40f043bdd562a9befdc62.jpg

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk
Yes, the perspective doesn't look natural at all.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

I just had a disturbing thought, and I'm sharing it here - please shoot it down because I don't want it to be true.

Could the perp himself have filmed his crimes using Libby's phone and left it as evidence on purpose?

jmopinon, thinking aloud, speculation, not fact
Very possible!

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

In reply to jethrow yea, that's a better pic. Maybe he had something like that, or no gun, who knows from that pic :/

These are a few other manipulations I have made to the photo.

First I blew up the photo 300% and cropped it around the man.

attachment.php

I then increased the contrast and greatly decreased the brightness. Sometimes certain details can be seen just by changing brightness and contrast.

attachment.php

Lastly, I changed all color channels to grayscale. I set most of the colors to zero except for red which tends to pull out facial features for Caucasians.

attachment.php

I'm going to play around with it a little more before bed.

Attachments

• suspect - zoom - -150br 100con.jpg
    suspect - zoom - -150br 100con.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 997
  • suspect - zoom - bw - red25 - allcol-200.jpg
    suspect - zoom - bw - red25 - allcol-200.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 1,006
  • suspect - zoom - normal.jpg
    suspect - zoom - normal.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 1,007
Per request, here is an attempt to flip the split image to make a whole face. It's certainly not perfect, but it does look at least a little bit like a man, albeit a little furry looking. Keeping the line in the middle was necessary to keep it from morphing into something unrecognizable. There are two features that I have always subscribed to, chubby cheeks and facial hair/goatee. All MOO of course.
b8f4b70ffb707480efe0c6977f475163.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excellent! We see a whole face now. I, at least, can see facial hair under the nose and on the chin, his down turned eyes and that his brows are low to his eyes. He is much more recognizable now!

These are a few other manipulations I have made to the photo.

First I blew up the photo 300% and cropped it around the man.

attachment.php

I then increased the contrast and greatly decreased the brightness. Sometimes certain details can be seen just by changing brightness and contrast.

attachment.php

Lastly, I changed all color channels to grayscale. I set most of the colors to zero except for red which tends to pull out facial features for Caucasians.

attachment.php

I'm going to play around with it a little more before bed.
Looks like he has a walrus mustache.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads