IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is to discuss the case at hand. Some off-topic posts have been removed.

Please stay on topic.

:tyou:

I think that was me quoting the study another person posted. I haven't finished reading it yet. Here's the link:

http://https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/pr/201316.pdf

Here's a slightly cleaner version of the report:

http://www.missingkids.com/en_US/archive/documents/homicide_missing.pdf

This has been a goto resource for me for years - definitely a must read for anyone interested in child abduction murders. The beauty of it is that it's not technically a profile, rather it's a compilation of what actually happened in these cases.

I only wish they'd update it again.

It will be interesting to see if tomorrow's news conference nets any new leads. Just like last week they say they are "perfecting" what information they are going to release.

http://wlfi.com/2017/02/21/law-enforcement-to-hold-news-conference-wed-on-murder-investigation/

From your link:

"As News 18 previously reported, the man in the blue jacket within the grainy police released photographs has become the “main suspect” of the investigation. Indiana State Police Sgt. Kim Riley told News 18 they are expanding their search beyond Delphi for this man and believe he may have been picked up as a hitchhiker."

If it's true that some guy was marched out of work in handcuffs, it would seem to me LE should be at least entertaining the idea of an immediate arrest. I can't imagine doing something like that if you aren't pretty sure you're going to make an arrest.

Are they disputing that they made an arrest, or are they disputing that they made an arrest in the case of Libby and Abby? Huge difference. Life goes on, people commit crimes, people get arrested, and not every police activity is going to be connected to this case. Maybe the guy is accused of stealing from his employer, or got into a heated argument with a co-worker, etc. I know we all want to see an arrest made in this horrific case, and while undoubtedly lots of time and resources are devoted to this case LE still has other jobs to do. Just my 2 cents.

"Anyone up for discussing shoes now?"

The one shoe IMMEDIATELY reminded me of my Chuck Taylor high tops back in the late 80's. The white stripe on the side seemed to match how we would accommodate the long laces, by wrapping them around the back as in the attached pic.
attachment.php

However, the bottom of the other shoe is definitely not a Chuck Taylor style. I had a pair of Asics tennis shoes that had that pattern on the bottom (this was mid-to-late 90's). This pic is not the exact shoe, but it looks very similar.

attachment.php

Sorry, somehow messed up and didn't include the other pics:

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• ctlaces.png
    ctlaces.png
    574.4 KB · Views: 595
  • Asics.jpg
    Asics.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 590
  • BGShoes.jpg
    BGShoes.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 535
  • BGShoes2.jpg
    BGShoes2.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 545
Hi, new here.

I used the measuring tool google maps has. It's not even a mile from the self storage place to the place where the bodies were found, and if the storage unit was big enough to store a car in, like a garage, it would never have been seen except for entering and leaving. He could have even changed/discarded clothing.

attachment.php

Very good theory! imo :)
And I would think that self-storage would have cctv, I would assume LE has looked at that... perhaps they may have seen something on it...?

From your link:

"As News 18 previously reported, the man in the blue jacket within the grainy police released photographs has become the “main suspect” of the investigation. Indiana State Police Sgt. Kim Riley told News 18 they are expanding their search beyond Delphi for this man and believe he may have been picked up as a hitchhiker."

Wow, your bolded part
Makes you wonder how they came to that.
If someone picked him up, they could tell LE where they dropped off their hitchhiker at least

Here's a slightly cleaner version of the report:

http://www.missingkids.com/en_US/archive/documents/homicide_missing.pdf

This has been a goto resource for me for years - definitely a must read for anyone interested in child abduction murders. The beauty of it is that it's not technically a profile, rather it's a compilation of what actually happened in these cases.

I only wish they'd update it again.

Thanks! I plan on finishing it soon, but I've been here so much my eyeballs are too tired.

You could very well be right of course, but I have a feeling (JMO) that they have indeed brought someone in for questioning on this case. 100,000 dollars would probably be enough for a co-worker to squeal. Also if it is only for questioning they would certainly want people to keep looking and calling in tips in case they have the wrong guy.....JMO
$100k would be enough for an ex/wife/girlfriend to be rid of him and start over in another town if need be.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I'm sure this guy is not the first sex offender they've talked with. I wonder what made this one get so much attention.

My guess is because he was perhaps taken from a place with many onlookers... not a knock on the door which is much more private. 20 people text xx was just taken, those text 20 and then social media posts... within an hour or so 1000's of people know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, your bolded part
Makes you wonder how they came to that.
If someone picked him up, they could tell LE where they dropped off their hitchhiker at least
Maybe he was picked up elsewhere and dropped off near the bridge.
Thanks! I plan on finishing it soon, but I've been here so much my eyeballs are too tired.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

From your link:

The hitchhiker theory...i also think he was hitchhiking and that's how he got his way out of the area.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Justice will come! Sometimes I need to remind myself that true life cases are not solved in an hour like the CSI shows on tv

Ok all done I think.

Case Map https://drive.google.com/open?id=195lcn7G7VGC-TkdJirxwNf6o9xM&usp=sharing

2nkjv60.png

Links embedded. Audio file links, Youtube links (Inside Edition, Monon Bridge, Gary Hughes) Helicopter FB footage. It should be all there. I couldn't find MSM pics to show any searches of the south side and I was sure I saw some. If anyone has any or sees any I can add them later. TIA

Now I need MORE coffee lol

Maybe because he was allegedly removed during work hours from a very large workplace with lots of witnesses? I don't know. I'm sure some of the people they have contacted have been more under the radar, and LE just came to their house and nobody noticed or knew what it was regarding.
I do question why remove him from work and not his home?
Fewer people would have known about it, if anyone really.
Hmm...
MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members