IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't been commenting much in this case, because I had nothing new to add. But, I would like some opinions on the two-perp theory. LE did seem to imply that there was a real possibility of two killers. Isn't that rare? If we describe the possible killer as a twisted sociopath or sexual predator, lurking or luring these two teens, how do we then explain if there were two predators? I know this happens once in a while, but all of the theories we are tossing out seem to point towards just the BG. Maybe we should think about what type of people would do this sort of thing together. Maybe thinking in terms of a duo, we might spark some new ideas on what to look for, where to look, etc. Just some thoughts. Oh, and BTW, I find reading very other page in a busy thread gets you caught up quite quickly with really missing anything.

Everything I write is IMO only. Thanks!
Two people would enable them to initially trap them on the bridge. It would also make it easier to control them.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

The hitchhiker theory is possible, despite the seemingly remote location and reputation as being notoriously hard to find, they built a flashy new blue bridge above SR25 which directly leads to the monon high bridge. As I mentioned a bit ago, a hitchhiker getting dropped off in Delphi might see that flashy blue bridge and wonder where it goes, its a straight shot to where bridge guy was filmed. This bridge would be easier to find by accident on foot than it would be to find if intentionally looking for it arriving via car if youve never been there before.

Only problem with this theory is hitch hiking is EXTREMELY rare in Indiana these days. And that would leave the killer scrambling to find a way out of town.

Personally I think its most likely he parked at the cemetery and knew the area well.
Hitch hiking seems too risky. I picked up a hitch hiker 5 years ago. He was a young kid in a pizza hut outfit. Late for work, his car broke down. I remember every detail about him because its so rare to pick one up.

Libby did not take a picture 'of him'. Libby took a picture which happened to capture him. Look at the picture she took of Abby. Taken from a fair distance, and yet the image is so clear. 'HE' was not the subject of the image the police have released. He just happened to be somewhere in the background. This wasn't deliberate on Libby's part AT THIS STAGE

I'm sorry but I do not understand what you are saying, he absolutely was the target of the images, and as many have said, the images are likely still frames from a video, which is why there is also audio of his voice.

So, going back to square one, how many employees at that plant again? And how many rsos, falling asleep sorry, I'm excited about these potential foot booties. I see no other reason to have something over your shoe like that.

I think the killer is an rso and that he is from the plant which may have double digit rso workers, it is possibly staggering and troubling at best!

Thomas Harris informs us that they "covet what they see" and this killer does indeed have knowledge of the park because he knows it very well, Monon High Bridge is a short distance from the plant.

You always have to think of proximity and access in isolated contexts, this is how they operate.

This killer was out hunting being aware that school was not in session, this was not random in my view, the victims may have been random but not the act of hunting that day.

He may not live in the immediate area but he does work within short distance of the park.

It is not inconceivable to me that this could be a team considering the amount of possible rso workers employed at the plant but it very well could be a single individual.

Hello everyone, my first post here and I am glad I found the site.

My opinion is this. BG knows or had a meeting set with these girls. He knew precisely who they were and that they were alone. Otherwise how does BG make a straight shot for them not knowing if "Dad" or "Family" aren't in the woods hiking around while the girls were on the bridge? All it takes is to be walking off with these girls and have "Dad" and "Uncle" come out of the woods looking for the girls and game over. BG is not going to chance it. Also, he has to know the frequency that this place is visited...low traffic means less chance of getting caught, high unexpected traffic gets him caught. Hes very familiar with this place and has seeded this plan for awhile. Possibly a neighbor who over time cultivated an online persona of a teen or something else. I hope they find him quick. He will never be finished.

Absolutely! I have taken a couple of days away, and in all that's been discussed since, completely forgot that these are not photographs, but still frames from a video. Sorry!

Libby did not take a picture 'of him'. Libby took a picture which happened to capture him. Look at the picture she took of Abby. Taken from a fair distance, and yet the image is so clear. 'HE' was not the subject of the image the police have released. He just happened to be somewhere in the background. This wasn't deliberate on Libby's part AT THIS STAGE

So from what you are stating, LE really meant to say that Libby had the "presence of mind" to accidentally capture an image of this guy? I could get on board with your POV except that LE clearly stated that thankfully libby had the presence of mind to do what she did. I don't believe they were inferring it was an accidental photo op. IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I grew up in a an Indiana town of about 1500 people and can tell you a bridge like this one and the woods around it would be a hot spot hangout. If I were the police the first thing I'd do is track down people who went to the near by high school who are around 30-50 years old and ask them of their experiences at the bridge and in the woods. Who did they hang out with there, who did the encounter there, were there any trouble making people from surrounding towns who would do drugs, abuse animals or bully other people there. Someone felt comfortable enough in that wooded area to traverse the steep hills and knew for sure they would have privacy to do this awful crime. What gave them that confidence? It had to be experience. If the guy is a loner now, he probably wasn't a total loner when he was younger. He probably bullied (or got bullied), hunted, fished, etc.. in that very area. Tracking down people and their old memories at this stage wouldn't be easy but I think that would be one of the best ways to find bridge guy.

I bet they have asked those very same questions to the son of the man who owns the land by the creek. ----NOT saying the son is a suspect--- Just saying that he is probably the right age range for BG---and he might remember other local kids who played there on his father's land---

I disagree. Looks to me like she tries to do it quickly. No time to focus and adjust. Made it quick and less conspicuous. Otherwise BG would have seen what she was doing and taken it from her. Then she would not have been able to record as well.

My opinion is this. BG knows or had a meeting set with these girls. He knew precisely who they were and that they were alone. Otherwise how does BG make a straight shot for them not knowing if "Dad" or "Family" aren't in the woods hiking around while the girls were on the bridge? All it takes is to be walking off with these girls and have "Dad" and "Uncle" come out of the woods looking for the girls and game over. BG is not going to chance it. Also, he has to know the frequency that this place is visited...low traffic means less chance of getting caught, high unexpected traffic gets him caught. Hes very familiar with this place and has seeded this plan for awhile. Possibly a neighbor who over time cultivated an online persona of a teen or something else. I hope they find him quick. He will never be finished.

"Welcome: MrDeathMachine!

Thanks for your post!

So from what you are stating, LE really meant to say that Libby had the "presence of mind" to accidentally capture an image of this guy? I could get on board with your POV except that LE clearly stated that thankfully libby had the presence of mind to do what she did. I don't believe they were inferring it was an accidental photo op. IMO.

You are correct, LE praised Libby because she had the presence of mind to actually video the suspect under duress, the picture is blurry because it was a "still" photo lifted from the video footage from her phone.

Tell ya what, if these are fairly thick bootiebutlers you might be on to something.

The first company I worked for here in Indiana required employees in the department I worked in to wear them. Judging by the images, you might be on to something. They wrapped around the bottom 1/3 of my trail boots, and had little plastic thingies on them eerily similar in placement as what I thought were shiny eyelets in the pics. The band around a bootiebutler would be roughly where the light band is around the foot wear in the two images.

MOO, if this is true, is the girls may have been spooked by that feature, as well. Why would someone wear bootiebutlers while out hiking/walking? In this case, maybe to conceal wear patterns/shoe prints from the soles, say on the bridge. This is a tactic which has been used in quite a few murders in the past. A heavy enough material in a bootiebutler would partially or even totally conceal the pattern of the sole on dry or even wet soil.

Good catch!

You guys surely may be on to something. Thanks.

The problem is did they have enough time to do this? The bodies were found at 12:45 PM on the 14th... the last snapchat was on 2:07 PM on the 13th.... they would have had little over an hour to get that shortlist before it would automatically be permanently deleted

But is it really deleted? I am pretty sure there are records in the corporate offices. With a federal warrant, wouldn't those names be available?

I think the killer is an rso and that he is from the plant which may have double digit rso workers, it is possibly staggering and troubling at best!

Thomas Harris informs us that they "covet what they see" and this killer does indeed have knowledge of the park because he knows it very well, Monon High Bridge is a short distance from the plant.

You always have to think of proximity and access in isolated contexts, this is how they operate.

This killer was out hunting being aware that school was not in session, this was not random in my view, the victims may have been random but not the act of hunting that day.

He may not live in the immediate area but he does work within short distance of the park.

It is not inconceivable to me that this could be a team considering the amount of possible rso workers employed at the plant but it very well could be a single individual.

Me thinks familiar with but not from. There are numerous theories as to why the perpetrator would be in the area, in particular that area. He will have multiple reasons for being there, not just one. Also, if and when he is found, it will be someone no one suspected, not an RSO or someone with a prior record, most likely a well respected individual in the community. Also it will be someone who is familiar with police investigative techniques and took steps to conceal and, perhaps even, misdirect LE. A wild guess as to where the offender resides would be Lebanon.

Which brings to my mind that RSO's should not have accesss to social media, and perhaps should be monitored re: their electronic and online media acrivities.

I kicked a RSO off my FB page shortly after this case gained media attention. Child *advertiser censored* and other paraphilias related to children and juveniles in general are a major problem, these days. The state he is now registered in, which is not the state of conviction, does not have a mandate re: social media memberships and activity.

So it's perfectly plausible a perv with a record committed these crimes, perhaps even escalated his activities in recent times.

Me thinks familiar with but not from. There are numerous theories as to why the perpetrator would be in the area, in particular that area. He will have multiple reasons for being there, not just one. Also, if and when he is found, it will be someone no one suspected, not an RSO or someone with a prior record, most likely a well respected individual in the community. Also it will be someone who is familiar with police investigative techniques and took steps to conceal and, perhaps even, misdirect LE. A wild guess as to where the offender resides would be Lebanon.

I agree, Delphi is such a small town(less than 5,000 people). If he actually lived in Delphi with his picture and voice recording released, SOMEONE WOULD KNOW HIM. He is very familiar with that park, but he is not from the area.

Two people would enable them to initially trap them on the bridge. It would also make it easier to control them.

I wonder if there were two different causes of death and that's what started the two perp to rumour/theory moo

Nice well thought out first post...and :welcome: to WS.

You may be right about him having a meeting set up. That is what I originally thought. But now I am not so sure. I think the FBI cyber unit would know that already. And they are saying they re not sure.

I think they may have known the girls were alone because they may have seen them being dropped off, or saw them when they first arrived, and realized they arrived alone.

But I do agree that he had planned out and scoped out the park for awhile. He may have 'hunted' prey there previously but this was the first time he actually went for it. He needed suitable victim/s and no one else in sight, to make it possible...:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties