IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #16

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the shoes, they look like what my husband calls chukka boots. That's all I got.

IMG_0940.jpg

The shoes look like high tops to me or demi high tops. Also could the laces be tied around the ankles, too? We used to do that in middle school.

I still stand by my statement that he walks with a very open duck step.

Statement from law enforcement

"There has been no arrest for the murders of Liberty German, 14 and Abigail Williams, 13. As the case proceeds investigators will talk to potential witnesses and suspects, and anyone they believe might have evidentiary information about the case. If the public observes officers working on this case, they are asked not to jump to conclusions, nor identify a person as a suspect without facts to back up the claims. It is not fair to that person. If the public has information about a suspect (s), in the double homicide of Liberty German and Abagail Williams, they should call the Delphi Murder Tip Line toll free at 844-459-5786 or email"

http://local.nixle.com/alert/5861959/

I agree with you on all fronts. This also leads me to believe the girls were sexually assaulted....IMO.

Sadly agree with you on that front as well...JMO but I think it may be only one girl was sexually assaulted ( the timeline was very narrow) If hypothetically the killer was old enough to have been convicted 20 plus year ago as a RSO it would also explain his lack of knowledge regarding current cell phone technology.. which I have kind of suspected from the outset.

he may or may not know the owner is not home. But he may have observed a few times knowing for eg the owner never opens the window (JMO). I mean nobody can hear the noise outside verywell if you have windows all close tight. And since it is on the bottom of a hill, there maybe no visibility even if the window curtain is up.
The thing that keeps getting me is the murders presumably took place on someone's private property next to the trail, the owner who lived on that private property just happened to not be there on that day, he was out of town the ENTIRE day. Now I know the owner has been cleared and was not involved in any way in the murders, but it makes me wonder that somehow BG knew the owner of that property might have been out of town that day, giving him a secluded off limits area all to himself.

It's something that I'm confident LE are looking into.

General question: How long does it take to process DNA to check for a match? Are we looking at a day, several days, a week or more?

It's fairly quick . Once DNA results are back it would be run through the national data base... computerized analysis matching .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://local.nixle.com/alert/5861959/

Indiana State Police-Peru District 16-Peru, IN
Tuesday February 28th, 2017 :: 03:28 p.m. EST

"There has been no arrest for the murders of Liberty German and Abigail Williams
There has been no arrest for the murders of Liberty German, 14 and Abigail Williams, 13. As the case proceeds investigators will talk to potential witnesses and suspects, and anyone they believe might have evidentiary information about the case. If the public observes officers working on this case, they are asked not to jump to conclusions, nor identify a person as a suspect without facts to back up the claims. It is not fair to that person. If the public has information about a suspect (s), in the double homicide of Liberty German and Abagail Williams, they should call the Delphi Murder Tip Line toll free at 844-459-5786"

Something just darned to me. What, if BG was impersonating a police officer under cover, girls got to the SE end of the bridge and BG threatened to arrest them for illegally crossing the bridge..? It is indeed illegal to cross the bridge, even if may folks do.

They could have followed his demands up to a certain point..

Possible?

-Nin

Very good question, I would suspect not, but will defer to experts. Hypothetically of course would evidence from a past crime be preserved and could LE use that when investigating a new crime?
Yes, and yes, generally speaking.

I'm still hung up on if the BG passed them while they were on the bridge... and even if he doubled back, scared them and made them high step their way back across the bridge.. how he could manage to do that and get them into the woods on the north of the bridge, how he could do that without him risking someone seeing him.

I just wonder if the girls still had almost 2 hours to kill, if they didn't go exploring in the woods and came upon someone. Could it be that there was a 2nd person back in the woods that they stumbled on something that was being hidden and BG came up from behind and stopped them from leaving.

This large building, I originally thought was a barn, is actually Delphi U-Store. It is located between the two trail heads for the Monon High Bridge on W 300 N road. A storage place would bring people in that transitory and would give someone a place to park nearby that would not seem out of the ordinary.
attachment.php

Good thought, storage facility, maybe could be where he has his "kill kit" supplies.

I believe the offense this individual was convicted of was in the late 1980s and predates mandatory DNA collection from sex offenders.

Indiana Code 10-13-6-10 - Certain convicted persons to provide DNA sample

A person convicted of a felony under Indiana Code 35-42, offenses against the person, shall provide DNA sample if convicted (1) after 30 June, 1996 where or not sentenced to prison; (2) before 1 July, 1996, if the person is held in jail or prison on or after July 1, 1996.

General question: How long does it take to process DNA to check for a match? Are we looking at a day, several days, a week or more?

I believe in some cases it only took a couple days when there was "a rush" put on it. Not sure if I seen less than that though.

Something just darned to me. What, if BG was impersonating a police officer under cover, girls got to the SE end of the bridge and BG threatened to arrest them for illegally crossing the bridge..? It is indeed illegal to cross the bridge, even if may folks do.

Possible?

-Nin

This has been brought up....either that or park management, forest ranger, etc. Definitely possible.

It is shocking how many there are. Did you know that RSO's are not allowed to have facebook pages? Well, everyone i have looked into over the years has had a fb page! They just change their names a bit. Granted i have looked into only 10-15 but still...

That's something that is really hard for PO's to enforce. Unfortunately, it goes unnoticed more often than not.

ONE BIG QUESTION: How could law enforcement conclude that the fuzzy picture of the guy on the bridge was no longer a "witness" they wanted to talk to, but instead had become a "suspect". Is that just careful wording???? Or is there something they could have found (like his blue jacket) at the crime scene to make them switch to suspect? I'm still hung up on that. Help me think thru this!!!

I will say it again if they have any of his DNA they need to do phenotyping, it is worth the $3500.

I believe in some cases it only took a couple days when there was "a rush" put on it.

Okay, so I have time to put another load of laundry in.

(I don't mean to make light of this.)

Possible?

-Nin

This type of situation has been brought up before, and I guess anything is possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HatsDom