IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I am following your responses correctly...

Post #8 asks if someone has been detained.

You responded that it is true and you know this because...

"former nearby resident with ties to community-and community professionals ".

Can you explain what that means?
Detained is the wrong word. An individual has been questioned and submitted DNA.

I keep thinking, and have mentioned to friends, that I think the guy is quiet/reserved and normally very non-violent. Someone with social phobia (among other things) who almost never speaks to strangers. Based on his clothing (inappropriate for the weather) and walking along the side of the bridge rather than down the center, I think he may have some other odd quirks which make people somewhat uncomfortable around him. I keep seeing a family member laughing and saying, "Hey, that almost looks like you!" but never suspecting that it really is.

I wonder if the girls were taking pictures on the bridge, and videoed him coming across the bridge while they were out there. It looks like it was taken from quite a distance, and with him looking down, he may not have noticed that he was being recorded. After he reached the south end, they may have immediately started crossing to the north side.

Being the fun-loving girls they were, they may have been laughing and joking around as they crossed, and he could have assumed they were laughing at him. It may have been anger pent up from teasing all his life combined with being in a place with no witnesses that made him decide to assault them. The only problem (well, one of the only problems) is that he sounded so calm in the recording, and he would have most likely just beat them right there rather than leading them to where they were found.

Just trying to come up with something different, and even more so, something that doesn't involve sexual assault. MOO

I'm not seeing the concern about whether someone's DNA was collected in the 80s. If his DNA matches what they found in THIS case, that's all we need, right?

What detail am I missing about the old DNA?

TIA and JMO and all that jazz

I think some of us believe that LE has DNA recovered from the crime scene, but that they can't match it to anyone in CODIS. So, they are looking at sex offenders who do not have DNA in CODIS. Someone who was convicted of a sex offense in the late 1980s would not have been required to give a DNA sample at the time of his conviction.

We are theorizing that LE is now trying to obtain samples from sex offenders who did not previously have DNA collected.

I hope that makes sense.

You know what has been horrifying for me? How many RSOs there are!! And those are the known offenders. It's like an infestation of cancer in our society.

And they all look the same, like if you cut them open pus would ooze out rather than blood. Bleach my brain and eyeballs now.

The man in question is commenting on SM to the rumors. He is NOT being detained at this time. Said gave DNA samples per his own words.

almost didn't see this tucked in amongst so many posts. thank you, very interesting.

The thing that keeps getting me is the murders presumably took place on someone's private property next to the trail, the owner who lived on that private property just happened to not be there on that day, he was out of town the ENTIRE day. Now I know the owner has been cleared and was not involved in any way in the murders, but it makes me wonder that somehow BG knew the owner of that property might have been out of town that day, giving him a secluded off limits area all to himself.

It's something that I'm confident LE are looking into.

Ron Wilkins @RonWilkins2
#HappeningNow Rumors are wrong! No arrests in Delphi slayings!
[video=twitter;836673639240118273]https://twitter.com/RonWilkins2/status/836673639240118273[/video]

Everyone should take a breath before the thread gets shut down.

I know we are all excited......BUT......the ONLY thing we can talk about regarding so-and-so is if law enforcement names him as a suspect or announces his arrest.........or announces he has been questioned and is not the guy.

Bumping these words of wisdom.

Fantastic! I wonder why they weren't doing this already... Unless they have gotten enough evidence to create the profile (I've watched way too many eps of Criminal Minds).

So the question is... will LE release this profile to the public or keep it under their hoodies/hats (couldn't resist)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Still lagging behind -- ever since I started this one -- so forgive this question landing far from the time of the post.)

Re the profile -- I've certainly read profiles before, and I have seen often how close they are to the actual perpetrator, but what have they got to go on in this case? I'm sure LE knows more than we do on this case, but seems to me they would have to have a fair amount of info for someone to use it along with their regular methodology to come up with a profile. Anybody have any ideas how they would approach this one?

It depends on where he lives, not where he works.

ah, I keep getting buried in technicalities today! thanks!

Edit - but .. stuff that comes up says he does live in Kokomo...

Please breathe! This thread will be shut down if people keep posting things that are not allowed. No witch hunts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think some of us believe that LE has DNA recovered from the crime scene, but that they can't match it to anyone in CODIS. So, they are looking at sex offenders who do not have DNA in CODIS. Someone who was convicted of a sex offense in the late 1980s would not have been required to give a DNA sample at the time of his conviction.

We are theorizing that LE is now trying to obtain samples from sex offenders who did not previously have DNA collected.

I hope that makes sense.

Yes - I get it now. Thank you.

Just wondering--- do they say what will happen to money that was raised for a reward if the reward is never given? SO many times rewards are not given but people have sent money. I always wonder if they know where that money will go, if the reward isn't used. I mean, I would want mine back, but you know that doesn't happen!

(Still lagging behind -- ever since I started this one -- so forgive this question landing far from the time of the post.)

Re the profile -- I've certainly read profiles before, and I have seen often how close they are to the actual perpetrator, but what have they got to go on in this case? I'm sure LE knows more that we do on this case, but seems to me they would have to have a fair amount of info for someone to use it along with their regular methodology to come up with a profile. Anybody have any ideas how they would approach this one?

I don't think it's much different in some respects as any other profile study. They have the victims, crime scene, crime scene photos, and victimology. Then they have the video/audio, so really they have much more info than usual to build a profile.

Detained is the wrong word. An individual has been questioned and submitted DNA.

I would think that if LE had probable cause they would be able to obtain a search warrant for his home...I would also suspect if they had insufficient evidence to hold him, they would be watching him very closely. The following is JMO... I now think they definitely have the killer's dna from the scene of the crime... and they are investigating RSO's who were convicted prior to them having to submit a sample... this also makes me think the DNA they have didn't match anyone currently in the system.. again MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay